NWA Position Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MEM is strictly DC-9 and A320.

ANC flies to 7 cities in the US (9 seasonally), and 8 cities (discounting CRAF) internationally.

Some New Hires will go to the A320 in Feb. Instructors have been asked to change our offline requests to cover the ramped-up training.

Not to mention ANOTHER request for DC-9 CA IPs. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd notice in 6 months, and one of those was extended by 60 days because they didn't get enough people.

Note that this MIGHT be because the FO IP program didn't work out as well as they'd hoped, or so I've heard. Don't know the details.

Nu

hey guys, again my question is about submitting a Captain's name and employee number, but I have completed the app online without accesss to it anymore, what or how is the way to submit his name to help me get the interview??

Thanks guys!!

Re-apply or what?

hey guys, again my question is about submitting a Captain's name and employee number, but I have completed the app online without accesss to it anymore, what or how is the way to submit his name to help me get the interview??

Thanks guys!!

Re-apply or what?

Have him contact "Troy" at Flight Ops HR. He can call Crew Planning (the number is in his FOM) and ask to be transfered to Troy. Troy will send him an e-mail with a link to your online app.

Not to mention ANOTHER request for DC-9 CA IPs. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd notice in 6 months, and one of those was extended by 60 days because they didn't get enough people.

Note that this MIGHT be because the FO IP program didn't work out as well as they'd hoped, or so I've heard. Don't know the details.

I saw Dom yesterday at the Mall of America :)eek:). He said there is too much movement to keep the IP ranks on the DC-9 "stabilized". We're in the same boat, so there's a posting for A320 IP's too.

The demise of the FO IP program is good for us. More captain positions is a good thing.

Have him contact "Troy" at Flight Ops HR. He can call Crew Planning (the number is in his FOM) and ask to be transfered to Troy. Troy will send him an e-mail with a link to your online app.

awesome Occam, thanks dude, that is sweet info, I will email him immediately.

Guam

Last edited:
Off topic, but just curious if anyone has recieved the phone call that dose not have a four year degree(in the process of finishing)... I feel otherw competitive with 7500 tt and 1600 pic 121?

I am in the same boat bro, the app clearly states High school diploma or equivalent, we'll see.....
Anyone been called with less than a 4 year degree?

I am enrolled in Thomas Edison State College, under the "Light Bulb" Major, minor in electricity.

no, seriously....

I saw Dom yesterday at the Mall of America :)eek:). He said there is too much movement to keep the IP ranks on the DC-9 "stabilized". We're in the same boat, so there's a posting for A320 IP's too.

The demise of the FO IP program is good for us. More captain positions is a good thing.

Agree!

A whole bunch of first time bidders jumped onto the DC-9 CA pref up for March. I don't know if it's just the timing for "post holiday training", people wanting to be a$$hole captains for a change, instead of listening to one, or if they just heard that life isn't THAT terrible on the -9 after all.

Who knows, but like you said more captains = better.

Nu

Anyone been called with less than a 4 year degree?
I asked about this for a buddy of mine on Friday and the word is that right now they are only calling people with at least a Bachelor's Degree. He said that could change at some point, but for the foreseeable future the degree is required to be competitive.

I asked about this for a buddy of mine on Friday and the word is that right now they are only calling people with at least a Bachelor's Degree. He said that could change at some point, but for the foreseeable future the degree is required to be competitive.

Ssssssssssh! Don't let PilotYIP hear that...

Nu

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back