NWA Position Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks jetflier,

I'm definitily gonna stick with the DC-9. I had seriously forgotten how MUCH fun real flying actually is until I got into the sim for the interview. (747-200)

Quite honestly...I think I've been suffering from computer fatigue and/or extreme bordom up there in the skies.

I never thought I would say I miss the shorts. haha

Where can I find the latest interview gouge? THe aviationinterview gouge is kinda old...

How many have they hired so far?

Thanks

Thanks jetflier,

I'm definitily gonna stick with the DC-9. I had seriously forgotten how MUCH fun real flying actually is until I got into the sim for the interview. (747-200)

Quite honestly...I think I've been suffering from computer fatigue and/or extreme bordom up there in the skies.

I never thought I would say I miss the shorts. haha

Fly2002,

Jetflier is right about the -9. It's a hands on airplane. The days are long, and the workload can be pretty high when you're going into, say, LGA on a bad weather day.
But on a nice summer afternoon in the midwest and you're cleared for the visual 30 miles out, it's pure stick & rudder fun.
Enjoy, and best of luck at NW!

Yeah, the -9 is great. It really is the little things that are annoying on the -9 (such as leaky windows). When I first checked out on it, I hand flew everything (coming from years on the 1900 without an a/p) now after coming back from 5.5yrs of furlough, a/p on at about 5,000 ft.

I think of the a/p as a glorified wing leveler. No alt capture and the heading bug & nav function only works off the capt's side.

It is a really great airplane to "fly" once you get on the line.

hey guys/gals,

I have completed the app online, both steps. I cannot log on again.
My problem is, a good friend of mine, a 20 year Captain at NWA wants to help. He said all I need to do is add his name and emp number to the app. well, I am unable to do this without logging on.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I too am very interested in the 747 S/O ANC position but need some more info before making an informed decision when I start class. Are the reserve lines very commutable from PDX or SEA? I think I heard that NWA has PBS. If so, can you bid reserve lines to bunch reserve days up therefore making it easier to commute? How often do you get used?

Also, is MEM purely a 320/-9 base? If based there in MEM where is a good place to live outside the city? Say within an hour or two drive of checking in? TN and MS specifically.

Thanks for any info. I'm excited to start class and get this thing rolling.

Not same subject; but,

Super are you Poco pilot, with a avatar change? lol !

Definitely not Pocono, I cant stand Pocono's posts anymore than the next guy. The only thing we might have in common is both working at XJT if he/she actually does.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
MEM is strictly DC-9 and A320.

ANC flies to 7 cities in the US (9 seasonally), and 8 cities (discounting CRAF) internationally.

Some New Hires will go to the A320 in Feb. Instructors have been asked to change our offline requests to cover the ramped-up training.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back