• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL solving the seniority issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what you said last time and the board rumor turned out to be true.... Should I re-phrase and Say the meetings happened and the NWA side did not make sufficient movement to keep those involved in the talks substantially engaged?

In the mean time, as rumors of the concessionary position the Delta Reps offered seem to be confirmed, the pressure is mounting on the Delta side to not be as accommodating. Every pilot who has brought the subject up plans on voting against "relative seniority." (which was the position of their own reps)

(Based on comments from line pilots) If there is some middle of the road meeting of the minds, the Delta pilots are not going to vote for it. With an equity pay out weighted towards the senior side of the list, it is certain to be unpopular....

In the interest of our profession I hope that ALPA can make this transaction work for its membership. This thing is perilously close to being USAPA version 2.0.

Regardless, this merger could very well be this pilot's exit from 121 flying.

Last edited:
That's what you said last time and the board rumor turned out to be true.... Should I re-phrase and Say the meetings happened and the NWA side did not make sufficient movement to keep those involved in the talks substantially engaged?

In the mean time, as rumors of the concessionary position the Delta Reps offered seem to be confirmed, the pressure is mounting on the Delta side to not be as accommodating. Every pilot who has brought the subject up plans on voting against "relative seniority." (which was the position of their own reps)

If there is some middle of the road meeting of the minds, the Delta pilots are not going to vote for it. With an equity pay out weighted towards the senior side of the list, it is certain to be unpopular....

I stand to lose a lot in this merger and will likely resign once the details are confirmed. None the less, in the interest of our profession I hope that ALPA can make this transaction work for its membership. This thing is perilously close to being USAPA version 2.0.

Are you serious? Why?

Actually, last time he stated that the rumor that they/we had walked away for good was false. Or the the deal was dead.
Read every word he says. The devil is in the detail.

If there is some middle of the road meeting of the minds, the Delta pilots are not going to vote for it. With an equity pay out weighted towards the senior side of the list, it is certain to be unpopular....

I stand to lose a lot in this merger and will likely resign once the details are confirmed. None the less, in the interest of our profession I hope that ALPA can make this transaction work for its membership. This thing is perilously close to being USAPA version 2.0.

I bet you dont ;)

Joe,
Fin as with many that have to look up at a 11,000+ seniority list, has a lot to weigh. If you are in your 40's and less than 1500 pilots from the bottom, the prospects of a upgrade equating to a decent QOL get less and less.
Each person has to weigh that. As we all know it isn't what it used to be. 80-100K is not bad, but it is not what many have see nor signed on for, especially for people who will be affected by a merger as well as the age 65 implementation.

Joe,
Fin as with many that have to look up at a 11,000+ seniority list, has a lot to weigh. If you are in your 40's and less than 1500 pilots from the bottom, the prospects of a upgrade equating to a decent QOL get less and less.
Each person has to weigh that. As we all know it isn't what it used to be. 80-100K is not bad, but it is not what many have see nor signed on for, especially for people who will be affected by a merger as well as the age 65 implementation.

I understand that completely.....that is why I have chosen to stay at the top of the list here at ASA.....The view looks better to me from here than it does at the bottom of the Delta list....

The bottom of a legacy list looks a little scary right now.....

Latest resources

Back