• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA and DAL walk away from merger deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If thats your logic, what about those gas guzzling, old 767's? or MD-80's? GMAFB. Dpn't get too cocky about Anderson. NWA is 30% small than DAL, yet has more cah and made more money last year, along with higher margins. You need us much more than we need you.

No, I don't think we will get together, unless there is SLI arbitration.

Gas guzzling 767s? The A330 is better? How about our 764s? Our 767-300ERs carry cargo and we fill them up with pax and make a mint going to Europe. Gas guzzling MD88s? They carry more pax and can pay off the fixed costs sooner than any DC9. The FMS also allows for more direct routings, saving gas, especially compared to your "I'm lost, I need a heading to Gopher" DC9s. UPS has parked all of their 747-100/200s, and they make a bunch more money than you do. Every established Pacific Rim cargo carrier is switching the 744s in for the 742s. If you do that, your 742s will go to the boneyard.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
"Under DAL's propasals, a 2003 hire, would be next to a 1989 hire at NWA, but thats fair because we have "old" dc-9's? "

Another genious...[/quote]

No pilot were hired at DAL from mid 01 until 07... Interesting spin...

Gas guzzling 767s? The A330 is better? How about our 764s? Our 767-300ERs carry cargo and we fill them up with pax and make a mint going to Europe. Gas guzzling MD88s? They carry more pax and can pay off the fixed costs sooner than any DC9. The FMS also allows for more direct routings, saving gas, especially compared to your "I'm lost, I need a heading to Gopher" DC9s. UPS has parked all of their 747-100/200s, and they make a bunch more money than you do. Every established Pacific Rim cargo carrier is switching the 744s in for the 742s. If you do that, your 742s will go to the bonyard.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yet, NWA still has more cash, better margins, less debt and better revenue and earning with all those old airplanes. HMMMMM???? Wonder why your current CEO liked the DC-9 so much when he was at NWA? Was he an idiot then and now he's the savior now that he's at DAL?

Comparing NWA to UPS. Good one.

Airlines park airplanes, buy airplanes at different cycles Einstein. How about when the 787's come, we fence those off from DAL pilots since you have no orders?

It's nice to see 2 ALPA carriers setting an example of fair merger policy. Geez.... ALPA is useless.
That's exactly what they're trying to do. Just because it hasn't been resolved in a week doesn't mean that it won't happen. Patience is a virtue.

Wow! You boys are chumming the water now that it looks like there'll be no merge? WTF?
I can only imagine how brutal this is going to get if a merge does take place. Should it happen, it'd be more efficient to go straight to arbitration.

Yet, NWA still has more cash, better margins, less debt and better revenue and earning with all those old airplanes. HMMMMM???? Wonder why your current CEO liked the DC-9 so much when he was at NWA? Was he an idiot then and now he's the savior now that he's at DAL?

Comparing NWA to UPS. Good one.

Airlines park airplanes, buy airplanes at different cycles Einstein. How about when the 787's come, we fence those off from DAL pilots since you have no orders?

No orders? I guess the 2 777LRs we get this month don't count, along with the 6 more we get within 3 months early next year? When are those 787s coming again? Wrong. Boeing will delay it again, and again. And your company has soooo much more cash and less debt? We both just got out of BK. Get over yourself. We are both in better shape than most legacy carriers.

I guess you can use all of that "extra cash" to buy gas for your DC9s and 742s, and not get it for yourselves. Oh well.... That is pure "genious."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks not correct at all . Do you believe everything you hear Einstein? You guys enjoyed a mass retirement recently and there is NO way that the NWA guys will give up the chance to do the same over the next 5-10 years.

Hey Einstein.....Do you realize that over the next 15 years Delta will actually have more retirements than NWA?
Probably not, but don't let facts get in the way!

Latest resources

Back