• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA and DAL walk away from merger deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I guess you can use all of that "extra cash" to buy gas for your DC9s and 742s, and not get it for yourselves. Oh well.... That is pure "genious."

Remember, your CEO, LOVED the $ numbers of the DC-9. Change the record. BTW, you never gave me your employee number so I could check your movement on the DAL seniority list.

Bye Bye--General Lee[/QUOTE]

30% raise still gives us a 20% paycut from old rates. Would probably give it back and more when Anderson cries BK again. 14% DC, I get 18% NOW. RJ'S capped? again, for now. Delta guys lead in the industry in giving away scope. 75% in equity? What kind? Stock? Options? Ask the UAL guys how that worked out.

Under DAL's propasals, a 2003 hire, would be next to a 1989 hire at NWA, but thats fair because we have "old" dc-9's?

Another genious...
Who's the real genius numbnuts?
Delta didn't hire in 2003!
There was a hiring gap, much like the one in your hollow head, between 2001-2007!
Again, don't let facts get in the way!

Hey Einstein.....Do you realize that over the next 15 years Delta will actually have more retirements than NWA?
Probably not, but don't let facts get in the way!

Like I want to wait 15 frickin years to get my seniority back.

but at least I would have a Uboat commander costume for Halloween.....

Hey, there is nothing like a perfect record.

26 Seniority list arbitrations with never an agreement.

I guess you can use all of that "extra cash" to buy gas for your DC9s and 742s, and not get it for yourselves. Oh well.... That is pure "genious."

Remember, your CEO, LOVED the $ numbers of the DC-9. Change the record. BTW, you never gave me your employee number so I could check your movement on the DAL seniority list.

Bye Bye--General Lee
[/quote]

Did your old CEO love the $ on the DC9s before or after high gas? When was he at your airline again? How much was gas back then? Have you asked him the same question now? From what I had heard from our own honchos down here, the -9s were GONE. (MD90s to replace them infact). You know, the MD90s that are more fuel efficient, have an FMS so you don't bother ATC, and the ones that can carrier more pax to try to pay for the fuel?

And my seniority would have been above yours I bet, and if this thing doesn't go through I bet I will be a Captain before you. My 9 month seat hold on the 7ER is almost up.....(we are still expanding BTW, with more planes and new routes---means upgrades for us)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Did your old CEO love the $ on the DC9s before or after high gas? [/quote]

General, just to tag on, it's not just the price of gas, it's the cycles. Many of the DC-9s are running out of cycles on the airframes. Occam posted on it a while back I believe.

General, just to tag on, it's not just the price of gas, it's the cycles. Many of the DC-9s are running out of cycles on the airframes. Occam posted on it a while back I believe.

Yup, most of them will time out by 2025.

Latest resources

Back