Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notes on Atkin's visit to ASA crew lounge...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D'Angelo said:
Agency shop is for nazis! Only those who voted in the union should have to pay for it! If that were the case though Dr Phil err I mean Duane wouldnt make his big time salary. Yea the alpa koolaid is much worse than management koolaid! as always the truth lies in the middle

D'Angelo,

What are you talking about? Your MEC listened to you when you voted to bend over for FB. (By the way, was he gentle? Did he cuddle afterwards?) Why all the negativity? Besides, isn't your company one of the ones represented on DW's 'save the regionals' task force?

-Blucher:puke:

rjcap said:
Documentation of what ?????? Sober up.

I have heard plenty of mgmt promises over the years. I'll believe it when I see it. I will make one promise to you. If JA comes through and turns this place around I will be the first to admit I was wrong and you were right.

Until then, go have some more company kool aid.

Documentation of our costs for the 70 that they say is too high. I was in the middle of looking for it when I was called in for a nap. I would have liked to have gone in there and had the numbers to back up my question.

As for me being a Kool aid drinker, look at my past posts and you will see I am a bigger skeptic than most. I was just posting what he said, I never said I was right.

Like I said, you remind me of a two year old.

rjcap said:
With regard to the first get together in SLC, I just noticed that the argument for the 70 seat paycut has shifted from ASA vs Skywest to ASA vs Mesa and CHQ.

I guess this guy changes his story whenever its convenient !

I know, I'm just throwing a tantrum.

No he didn't change his answer, it was the same as in SLC. It is SKW Inc. vs all the other DCI low cost bidders. It's just obvious to everyone else that SKW was a given cause they are cheaper on the 70 than us. That is the position he put us in when he accepted the DAL agreement we now live under.

Do you need your binky?

GO AROUND said:
Documentation of our costs for the 70 that they say is too high. I was in the middle of looking for it when I was called in for a nap. I would have liked to have gone in there and had the numbers to back up my question.

As for me being a Kool aid drinker, look at my past posts and you will see I am a bigger skeptic than most. I was just posting what he said, I never said I was right.

Go Around,

The problem is that those numbers are inaccurate. It's a little like trying to figure out who's going to win an election prior to the actual results. Fox will say one thing (beyond the shadow of a doubt) and CNN will say something completely different (again, beyond the shadow of a doubt). Don't forget that the largest part of the 70-seat expense is from IP's that are all getting 90+ hours every month at 70 rate. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, I think they do. I just don't think those numbers should be included, as they are more management than line-pilots. Keep in mind also that JA still owes the Skywest pilots a pay raise that he promised them LONG AGO on the 70. Please, if anyone is going in today to the dog/pony show, please ask him what's going on with the Skywest 70 seat rates!

-Blucher:D

007 said:
What!!

He didn't dangle the Coex's 69 airplane carrot again!!

No he dangled it and said that SKW inc. has bids in for both CAL and NWA flying. But our 50 seat rates are competitive with the other bidders and that is what the CAL flying is for. The 70 seat flying for DAL or UAL is what they say we are not cost competitive for, but that is up for debate and negotiations.

Blucher, you guys are preaching to the choir. I agree with all you guys are saying. I will believe it when I see at ASA. I will give Jerry credit for coming in and answering all the questions asked and not dodging or sugar coating anything.

We will see what gets negotiated. In my experience if you want a $10 pay raise you don't ask for $10, you ask for $20 and hopefully you negotiate atleast 10 or more. My hope is if their proposal is 8% they understand the negotiations process and the truth is they need less that might be offset by performance +. But that is another horse.

GO AROUND said:

Since you were called in on a NAP your pretty junior around here. I always love it how you junior guys are such experts on negotiations. You will be the first ones to sell us out.

Regarding the 70 seater, Bulcher responded accurately to that.

Last edited:
rjcap said:
Since you keep referencing your 2 year old son. How is the little bstrd. Have you figured out who the father is yet ??

Dude, that was pretty low, and despicable. Not funny at all. If I were him, I'd find you and kick the crap out of you for that statement.

79%N1 said:
Dude, that was pretty low, and despicable. Not funny at all. If I were him, I'd find you and kick the crap out of you for that statement.

I thought it was pretty funny. But in all fairness I will withdraw it.

rjcap said:
Since you keep referencing your 2 year old son. How is the little bstrd. Have you figured out who the father is yet ??

Rjcap,

Glad I was done with my coffee before I read that! Perhaps a bit harsh, but I can certainly appreciate that. You must be a Yankee, our Southern brethren always get upset with our rather cold sense of humor up north. Although if, purely by chance, you are correct, I'm pretty sure he does have the right to alter your anatomy.

79%N1,

I'm fairly certain he was just teasing him. It's really a form of endearment some places. In the northeast if people aren't teasing you, it means they don't like you. Like my father always told me, "only tease people you like otherwise things can get pretty ugly, pretty fast." *Disclaimer* See last sentence written to Rjcap above*

-Blucher:laugh:

Latest resources

Back