Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notes on Atkin's visit to ASA crew lounge...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Call your status rep. He'll have the real info and not a bunch of management propoganda designed to intimidate you.

Yeah, he'll have the ALPA propaganda designed to make you believe that ALPA is doing a good job.......

PCL_128 said:
Sounds like 50 too many to me.

Heaven forbid you should actually listen to both sides and make up your own mind instead of letting ALPA think for you....

JoeMerchant said:
Heaven forbid you should actually listen to both sides and make up your own mind instead of letting ALPA think for you....

Well, considering the fact that you somehow got elected to an LEC office, maybe you're right. I certainly wouldn't want you to be doing anyone's thinking.

Jerry says he wants an 8% cut on the 70. Apparently he's using three low regionals as an average instead of what AWAC uses, six largest! Maybe Jerry ought to raise the 50 rate to match SKW if he wants the cut in 70 rates. It's gonna get interesting.

Mark, would you really go for this? I know you did not specifically state that both airframes could be the same, but you are sort of implying it. If you look at total pilot costs at Skywest with their blended rate versus our lower 50 seat rate and a higher 70 seat rate, I would agree that they may be very close to each other as far as total compensation. I just don't think that we need to go there. I feel we need to keep the rates separate, but that is just me.

PS Miss our ATR days, I did have a lot of fun and learned allot on those trips. Tim.

PCL_128 said:
Well, considering the fact that you somehow got elected to an LEC office, maybe you're right. I certainly wouldn't want you to be doing anyone's thinking.

PCL, nobody should do anyone's thinking. I have always advocated listening to BOTH sides, asking tough questions of BOTH sides, and making an informed decision based on the information you get from BOTH sides. I have been through enough ALPA training to know that ALPA wants you to think the way they tell you to think and you are not supposed to question ALPA, especially not in public. That is dangerous.

Tell me PCL, what do you think of the new NWA TA and the creation of yet another alter-ego carrier? How about the fact that it will use the old ACA/IAIR certificate? Do you think ALPA will take care of those IAIR pilots and let them work for this new alter-ego carrier? Do you even think it is an alter-ego carrier? How is Brand Scope working out for the PCL and Mesaba guys? How is the new Fee For Departure Task Farce doing?

JoeMerchant said:
Tell me PCL, what do you think of the new NWA TA and the creation of yet another alter-ego carrier?

I hate it. I think the TA is a disaster, and even the NWA Council 20 reps agree. There is a big divide on the NWA MEC about this TA. I tend to side with Council 20 in their belief that they could do much better than this TA. Creating yet another carrier that can be sold off and whipsawed is a bad idea.

How about the fact that it will use the old ACA/IAIR certificate? Do you think ALPA will take care of those IAIR pilots and let them work for this new alter-ego carrier?

They are buying the certificate, not the airplanes. I don't think it would be reasonable to expect NWA to bring in the former Indy pilots simply because the certificate was bought. The Eastern Airlines certificate is still floating around somewhere. If NWA had bought that and used it to start NewCo would you expect them to call all of the former EAL pilots back? Sorry, you're just being ridiculous there. ALPA has no standing in getting the Indy pilots those jobs.

Do you even think it is an alter-ego carrier? How is Brand Scope working out for the PCL and Mesaba guys? How is the new Fee For Departure Task Farce doing?

The Fee for Departure Task Force is new, so it will take time to see results. However, I believe they will work hard and find some possible solutions. There are some good people on the task force.

As for brand scope, you'll get no argument from me there. The NWA Negotiating Committee had an opportunity to negotiate some real brand scope and they blew it. They think they have saved jobs, but in the long run they have only lost more. If the NWA pilots approve this POS, then that's their decision. You won't hear me complaining about how it affects me, and you won't find me sending checks to the RJDC. As much as I think this TA sucks, it is ultimately the decision of the NWA pilots, just as DAL's scope is the decision of the DAL pilots. They are free to decide what to do with NWA flying, even if it negatively affects XJ or 9E. That's just the way it works when you fly for a feeder. It's about time that you woke up to reality and realized that.

Tim47SIP said:
Mark, would you really go for this? I know you did not specifically state that both airframes could be the same, but you are sort of implying it. If you look at total pilot costs at Skywest with their blended rate versus our lower 50 seat rate and a higher 70 seat rate, I would agree that they may be very close to each other as far as total compensation. I just don't think that we need to go there. I feel we need to keep the rates separate, but that is just me.

PS Miss our ATR days, I did have a lot of fun and learned allot on those trips. Tim.

Bad grammar on my part Tim. I meant that if 700 rates were reduced, then 200 & ATR rates should increase to match SKY's 200 rates. But, when you factor in SKY's bonuses, their 200 & 700 are above our rates easily, way above on the 200. Agreed, we need to keep the rates separate.

Hoser

PCL_128 said:
I hate it. I think the TA is a disaster, and even the NWA Council 20 reps agree. There is a big divide on the NWA MEC about this TA. I tend to side with Council 20 in their belief that they could do much better than this TA. Creating yet another carrier that can be sold off and whipsawed is a bad idea.

They are buying the certificate, not the airplanes. I don't think it would be reasonable to expect NWA to bring in the former Indy pilots simply because the certificate was bought. The Eastern Airlines certificate is still floating around somewhere. If NWA had bought that and used it to start NewCo would you expect them to call all of the former EAL pilots back? Sorry, you're just being ridiculous there. ALPA has no standing in getting the Indy pilots those jobs.

The Fee for Departure Task Force is new, so it will take time to see results. However, I believe they will work hard and find some possible solutions. There are some good people on the task force.

As for brand scope, you'll get no argument from me there. The NWA Negotiating Committee had an opportunity to negotiate some real brand scope and they blew it. They think they have saved jobs, but in the long run they have only lost more. If the NWA pilots approve this POS, then that's their decision. You won't hear me complaining about how it affects me, and you won't find me sending checks to the RJDC. As much as I think this TA sucks, it is ultimately the decision of the NWA pilots, just as DAL's scope is the decision of the DAL pilots. They are free to decide what to do with NWA flying, even if it negatively affects XJ or 9E. That's just the way it works when you fly for a feeder. It's about time that you woke up to reality and realized that.

PCL, please don't apply logic and reason when responding to John. It really knocks him off his insane rants. He has a constant flow of lies and distain that only truth and honesty can disrupt. He is that pissed off little kid that sucks up to mommy that no normal kid will play with. The exception being his fellow short bus riders named Ford, Ashcraft, and washed up Cooksey. Please remember this when responding to this malcontentious douche bag.

ASA_Aviator said:
That being said, I don't like the attitude I see on here about "only the MEC speaks for me." I am plenty intelligent, and independent minded enough to speak for myself. If I want to go to a meeting to hear what a CEO has to say, I will do so. If I have questions, I will ask them. The MEC may speak for me in negotiations, but I speak for myself when on the line or in a meeting. I don't, for the life of me, understand people who are willing to give up their voices and defer to someone they don't even know, just because that group was elected into power. Use your brains, and speak up if you have something to say!

www.I just don't get it.com

Latest resources

Back