Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notes on Atkin's visit to ASA crew lounge...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blucher said:
Ohplease,
This leads me to believe you were there. Just out of curiosity, what did you ask? Also, did anyone think to ask what his plans were for Skywest's 'promised' 70-seat rate? One other question for you: which office is yours in ops?

-Blucher:bomb:
I was there. I made the effort on my off day to come listen and ask questions because I think it was important to be there (just as I have felt it important to walk in the informational picket lines and go to the zoo and the baseball game and the dinner and keep up with emails on the negotiations and speak to the union guys one to one and as a group). I did in fact ask several questions and I was there from the minute he walked in until the minute he walked out and into the other lounge to have lunch with some of the chief pilots.

Nope, the subject of their offer to SkyW pilots for the 70 didn't come up. But that would have been a good one to ask..why were you not there to ask it???hmmm. Its a lot easier to just stand around and bitch isn't it?

I don't have an office in there...yet.

ohplease! said:
out of 1700 pilots or so, only about 50 showed up this morning and only about 6 of those opened our mouths.....pathetic for all the complaining I hear.

Well, I for one wasn't there because My MEC Speaks For Me! And, I won't be there tomorrow either. I'll just go hang out at Wendys if I not flying. Apparently Jerry and the MEC met earlier this morning. See, told you the MEC speaks for me.

I believe when Bob Arnold asked Jerry about the 5 70s at the first meeting a few weeks ago, Jerry admitted that 2 or 3 of them were already scheduled deliveries for Skywest. So, someone is already lying here perhaps? Seems like his story has changed in just a couple of weeks.

Hoser
My MEC Speaks For Me!

HoserASA said:
Well, I for one wasn't there because My MEC Speaks For Me! And, I won't be there tomorrow either. I'll just go hang out at Wendys if I not flying. Apparently Jerry and the MEC met earlier this morning. See, told you the MEC speaks for me.

I believe when Bob Arnold asked Jerry about the 5 70s at the first meeting a few weeks ago, Jerry admitted that 2 or 3 of them were already scheduled deliveries for Skywest. So, someone is already lying here perhaps? Seems like his story has changed in just a couple of weeks.

Hoser
My MEC Speaks For Me!
well, that is of course your right. Maybe not the smartest route to take but, whatever.

He never said those 5 weren't already coming to skywest. In fact, he said 17 more are coming starting in August. I believe those are the 17 remaining planes we were going to get.We may still get them. Maybe not.

Yes they did meet this morning and it sounds like they have a pretty good dialouge going. I'm certainly glad Bob is there rather than someone like you. You have no ability to maintain an objective stance about anything and no ability to think for yourself. You'd rather be spoonfed anything you want to hear.

"why were you not there to ask it???hmmm. Its a lot easier to just stand around and bitch isn't it?"-Ohplease

Same answer most of us have: My CNC speaks for me. I too have walked the line, I too was at the zoo, and I too was at the game all of which means what? To me it means even two individuals such as ourselves can have vastly different opinions on things even though we've attended the same events, and will both be effected profoundly by the outcome of this 'negotiation'. Perhaps it never occurred to you, but that is exactly why we need our CNC to speak for us. It's called a "united front." It's also why if were up to me I'd fill our lounge with Skywest pilots tomorrow and not have any ASA pilots present. Why is it some people have such a hard time with the concept of team sports?

-Blucher:D

Blucher said:
"why were you not there to ask it???hmmm. Its a lot easier to just stand around and bitch isn't it?"-Ohplease

Same answer most of us have: My CNC speaks for me. I too have walked the line, I too was at the zoo, and I too was at the game all of which means what? To me it means even two individuals such as ourselves can have vastly different opinions on things even though we've attended the same events, and will both be effected profoundly by the outcome of this 'negotiation'. Perhaps it never occurred to you, but that is exactly why we need our CNC to speak for us. It's called a "united front." It's also why if were up to me I'd fill our lounge with Skywest pilots tomorrow and not have any ASA pilots present. Why is it some people have such a hard time with the concept of team sports?

-Blucher:D
that makes no sense at all to me.

ohplease! said:
well, that is of course your right. Maybe not the smartest route to take but, whatever.

I'm certainly glad Bob is there rather than someone like you. You have no ability to maintain an objective stance about anything and no ability to think for yourself. You'd rather be spoonfed anything you want to hear.

Yep, that's me, can't think for myself and love being spoonfed. Oh well, what can you expect for a Bama person like poor me, a retired USAF Controller, 16 year pilot at ASA, AU always beats us, etc, OhPlease? I'm glad Bob is there too OhPlease, so at least we apparently agree on one thing.

Hoser
My MEC Speaks For Me!

First of all, if ASA starts to shrink the costs go up, way up. So this is probably an attempt by Jerry Atkin to scare the pants off of wussys like oh please. Second, don't you think that the moron(s) that suggested we would be happy with Skywests contract (well its not really a contract is it) should be flogged in the street. This is why my CNC speaks for me! By the way oh please, the team sports Blucher was talking about are not the homo gangbangs you attend. You know, where everyone takes it up the AZZ for pleasure.

HoserASA said:
Yep, that's me, can't think for myself and love being spoonfed. Oh well, what can you expect for a Bama person like poor me, a retired USAF Controller, 16 year pilot at ASA, AU always beats us, etc, OhPlease? I'm glad Bob is there too OhPlease, so at least we apparently agree on one thing.

Hoser
My MEC Speaks For Me!
well, maybe two. Bama people are not very smart, I agree there as well.

ohplease! said:
well, maybe two. Bama people are not very smart, I agree there as well.

Interesting comment about Alabamians OhPlease, interesting. Guess where you're from people are smarter eh? You know, I've lived in about 7 or 8 different states and 5 foreign countries (6 counting Ala), and all those places have smart people. But, then you went to college in Alabama....

Hoser
My MEC Speaks For Me!

HoserASA said:
Interesting comment about Alabamians OhPlease, interesting. Guess where you're from people are smarter eh? You know, I've lived in about 7 or 8 different states and 5 foreign countries (6 counting Ala), and all those places have smart people. But, then you went to college in Alabama....

Hoser
My MEC Speaks For Me!
oops! did him get hims wittle feewings hurt? awww ,I'm sorry about that. Lighten up pinhead! can't take a joke? You opened the door. I just walked through it. I didn't realize you were such a well school and sophisticated guy. My bad.

Latest resources

Back