Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notes on Atkin's visit to ASA crew lounge...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GO AROUND said:
Biggest subject was the 70 seat paycut. He was upfront and said that it needs to come down to be competitive in bidding for flying with Mesa and CHQ. It doesn't have anything to do with any other carriers than the ones we compete against for flyingfor DAL. It was put out there that what if that is not acceptable to our pilot group what would happen? "ASA would shrink" was his answer.

With regard to the first get together in SLC, I just noticed that the argument for the 70 seat paycut has shifted from ASA vs Skywest to ASA vs Mesa and CHQ.

I guess this guy changes his story whenever its convenient !

I know, I'm just throwing a tantrum.

rjcap said:
I will make one promise to you. If JA comes through and turns this place around I will be the first to admit I was wrong and you were right.
I have a better idea. WHEN JA does it, and he will, you resign in shame and leave the company.

General Lee said:
"Someone then asked what the contingency plan was if DAL goes under? He said we would repartner with whoever picks up ATL and do it quicker than you could believe. The 26 gates in ATL are a big plus in that situation. ATL is too big a hub and there will be others to partner with."

Lots of luck here. Riiiiight. How many airlines out there could fill in that much gate space (what Delta is doing now in ATL) in a short amount of time? Most Majors out there have been hurting lately thanks to high fuel, and don't have a lot of extra cash to go buy up gates or start new operations. Southwest maybe? They don't want feed. Nope. How about Jetblue? They have never used feed either, and we know what Airtran did with their RJs. Yup, ATL would go down the krapper, and your RJs would too. So, in reality, you had better hope we keep our scope, or we all may be out of a job. Amazing.

Bye Bye--General Lee
moron.

General Lee said:
Yup, ATL would go down the krapper, and your RJs would too. So, in reality, you had better hope we keep our scope, or we all may be out of a job.

So General, by your line of reasoning, if DAL liquidates then commercial airline service in ATL and the regional feed from its outlying areas will just cease to exist?

Boy, you guys sure are important to the welfare of the South! I seem to remember the demise of a few other major airlines that went away and their previous hubs carried on just fine without them...

out of 1700 pilots or so, only about 50 showed up this morning and only about 6 of those opened our mouths.....pathetic for all the complaining I hear.

ohplease! said:
out of 1700 pilots or so, only about 50 showed up this morning and only about 6 of those opened our mouths.....pathetic for all the complaining I hear.

Sounds like 50 too many to me.

GO AROUND said:
Biggest subject was the 70 seat paycut. He was upfront and said that it needs to come down to be competitive in bidding for flying with Mesa and CHQ. It doesn't have anything to do with any other carriers than the ones we compete against for flyingfor DAL. It was put out there that what if that is not acceptable to our pilot group what would happen? "ASA would shrink" was his answer.

Ask Jerry for the breakdown of costs to operate the CR7 at both airlines. Take ASA's "FLIGHT CREW COSTS" and run them out over 52 aircraft. You will see the costs come down with the more aircraft you operate.

As for Bill Hiers, he's just the Bad Cop and he will never go away.

ohplease! said:

Ohplease,
This leads me to believe you were there. Just out of curiosity, what did you ask? Also, did anyone think to ask what his plans were for Skywest's 'promised' 70-seat rate? One other question for you: which office is yours in ops?

-Blucher:bomb:

crjskipper said:
the other 1650 were sleeping soundly at home knowing their MEC would speak for them...

Thats good you fuc&stick.

Latest resources

Back