Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notes on Atkin's visit to ASA crew lounge...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't there because I was busy working making record profits for a company that wants me to take a pay cut. And I'd bet there were probably quite a few out there like me.

ohplease! said:
oops! did him get hims wittle feewings hurt? awww ,I'm sorry about that. Lighten up pinhead! can't take a joke? You opened the door. I just walked through it. I didn't realize you were such a well school and sophisticated guy. My bad.

No, not at all OhPlease. It takes a lot more than you could ever muster to accomplish that. Never claimed to be well schooled nor sophisticated either. But, I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express last night! I'm done...you can have it.

Hoser
My MEC Speaks For Me!

OHSKEEZ is the same person who was all too excited at the chance of us losing our flying. He's the type of person who only cares to further his own agenda, regardless of what damage it does to others. You need to go work in the corporate world, im sure you would fit right in with all of the backstabbers....

box

boxjockey said:
OHSKEEZ is the same person who was all too excited at the chance of us losing our flying. He's the type of person who only cares to further his own agenda, regardless of what damage it does to others. You need to go work in the corporate world, im sure you would fit right in with all of the backstabbers....

box
not excited, realistic. go back and look. I said it wasn't a good thing and I'd hate to be in your shoes but, its whats going to happen. No matter what any of us thinks about it.

:angryfireYeah....well Jerry has NEVER had a pilot group that is PISSED OFF and CAN do something about it! He has been rolling over the skwst pilots FAR to LONG. Hopefully they see through his BS and vote in the UNION!

Record profits and paycuts!!!! Rrrrrriiiiiiiight! Not going to happen JERRY!

GO AROUND said:
First question was why we don't have a contract yet? He started that answer with "he fired Billable Bill Hires the company lawyer as of today." That he is still committed to getting the contract done as soon as possible and they are working to do things to do that.

Profit sharing was the next topic and why we still havn't gotten much info on how it relates to us. He said that he gave a presentation to Bob and Dave this morning and that it will be offered to the pilots just like every other group.

Biggest subject was the 70 seat paycut. He was upfront and said that it needs to come down to be competitive in bidding for flying with Mesa and CHQ. It doesn't have anything to do with any other carriers than the ones we compete against for flyingfor DAL. It was put out there that what if that is not acceptable to our pilot group what would happen? "ASA would shrink" was his answer.

Someone asked if the 5 70's that went to SKW was because of our cost and he said yes. He also said that he hears terms like whipsaw between ASA and SKW and that is not what he wants. He doesn't want the two pitted against each other and make things worse but those are the facts.

Someone asked about new bases or mini hubs for ASA like SKW has. He said not at this time for the forseeable future. SLC came up again and his answer changed from last and he said SLC base is at risk for ASA but still is dependent on if DAL grows or shrinks SLC.

Someone then asked what the contingency plan was if DAL goes under? He said we would repartner with whoever picks up ATL and do it quicker than you could believe. The 26 gates in ATL are a big plus in that situation. ATL is too big a hub and there will be others to partner with.

A couple guys said they would be happy with SKW contract. Jerry was very intrigued with this and put it back to them that we would tear up our contract and use the SKW contract? I said no, that there are work rules in their ontract that are nice but there are things we have they don't.

Big subject that came up was the pass benefits ordeal. Jerry said that it was done at the end of the deal with DAL for us and that they temporarily agreed that it would be status qou for three yrs or until they worked it out. He said DAL came back in negotiations and basically told him that they owned our seats and they would go to DAL employees first. I cant show you the middle finger he gave DAL but he said that was unacceptable and told them to F*ck off. So they are at a standstill and havn't talked in about 3 mnths.

Jerry was asked about merging the 2 pilot groups and he said he was not opposed to that if it was best for all involved including the company.

A lot was talked about with the lack of trust with managment. He said that needs to be fixed, is trying to do things to facilitate that and wants ASA to be a great place to work.

It was brought up that ASA has become a career airline and that managment has made it known that if you are here longer than 5 yrs you have been here to long. He said that is not what he wants and is no longer the attitude of ASA managment as far as he knows.

My overall impression is that he is good for ASA and he didn't just sit up there and tell us what we wanted to hear. Good or bad he answered all the questions and it is what it is. As for the contract, every time they got rid of Hires we have gotten a contract in a few months. He said the union and managment sent a message to the mediator to get more dates and get the contract done.

Take it for what its worth, if I know most on here you are too far gone with animosity for managment that it wont matter.

I for one am willing to put some trust in him and believe it when I see it.

The writing is on the wall

Did you really need to quote the whole original post for a one line comment?

I, for one, was impressed with Jerry. He seemed sincere an honest. Sure, I don't much like what he had to say, but at least he was direct. I definately like him better than Brian LaBrecque. That guy just comes across as a slimy, tap dancing scumbag.

I was there for the whole thing, and I was glad to hear that our 50 seat pilots are sticking with the 70 seat pilots, even though the 8% isn't coming from them. The pilot group has to act together. I think ultimately the rate will be cut to some degree, but likely not all of the 8% they are asking for. I'm hopeful that the profit sharing does end up to be worthwhile, and that Jerry is right about it making up some of the difference.

That being said, I don't like the attitude I see on here about "only the MEC speaks for me." I am plenty intelligent, and independent minded enough to speak for myself. If I want to go to a meeting to hear what a CEO has to say, I will do so. If I have questions, I will ask them. The MEC may speak for me in negotiations, but I speak for myself when on the line or in a meeting. I don't, for the life of me, understand people who are willing to give up their voices and defer to someone they don't even know, just because that group was elected into power. Use your brains, and speak up if you have something to say!

No kidding

ohplease! said:
that makes no sense at all to me.

I would say that's readily apparent to most of us. It seems you could easy walk around just chanting that all day, every day. After all, admission is the first step on the road to recovery. Good luck, Ohplease, we're all pullin' for ya'. And might I also suggest that in the future you work on your airplane models in a well ventilated area, those fumes can really do a number on your cognitive abilities.

-Blucher:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back