Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notes on Atkin's visit to ASA crew lounge...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA_Aviator said:
I, for one, was impressed with Jerry. He seemed sincere an honest. Sure, I don't much like what he had to say, but at least he was direct. I definately like him better than Brian LaBrecque. That guy just comes across as a slimy, tap dancing scumbag.

Well that's just super! You two will make a fine couple, I'm sure. My garbarge man dumps trash all over my lawn when he picks up the garbage, but he sure is a "straight shooter!" Please wake up people! Please!! This is the same show we've seen time and time again, only the actors have changed! Perhaps we really do need more female pilots, at least women NEVER forget anything!:blush:

I was there for the whole thing, and I was glad to hear that our 50 seat pilots are sticking with the 70 seat pilots, even though the 8% isn't coming from them. The pilot group has to act together. I think ultimately the rate will be cut to some degree, but likely not all of the 8% they are asking for. I'm hopeful that the profit sharing does end up to be worthwhile, and that Jerry is right about it making up some of the difference.

You're really glad our 50 guys are sticking with our 70 guys?!??! Are you serious? That's a bit like saying "I sure am glad that during the Gulf war the Navy didn't start throwing the Marines overboard. Golly, that sure was nice of them!" It's a F&^*ing TEAM sport here people!!!! And in case you're not clear on it the team is ALL pilots on property (hopefully someday to include ALL pilot on any Skywest Inc. property)!!!:beer:

That being said, I don't like the attitude I see on here about "only the MEC speaks for me." I am plenty intelligent, and independent minded enough to speak for myself. If I want to go to a meeting to hear what a CEO has to say, I will do so. If I have questions, I will ask them. The MEC may speak for me in negotiations, but I speak for myself when on the line or in a meeting. I don't, for the life of me, understand people who are willing to give up their voices and defer to someone they don't even know, just because that group was elected into power. Use your brains, and speak up if you have something to say!

I'm really excited that you feel so intelligent. However, you've already convinced yourself in your own mind that we're going to take cut based on.......Jerry being such a sweet and honest guy. WTFO??? You are actually a savy management's wet dream. JA could well be pleasuring himself in his 5 star hotel room right now thinking about your wide-eyed ignorance, and your child like inability to learn from past experience.
As for not knowing your MEC, that's your own darned fault! Go meet them. Send them an email. It's not all that hard. How about joining P2P? That might give you a bit of an edge on figuring out who our guys are. Please, for all our sakes, continue your education to include things that may actually help you in life. Perhaps without having to ingest all that extra protein!:laugh:

-Blucher

Last edited:
ASA_Aviator said:
I don't, for the life of me, understand people who are willing to give up their voices and defer to someone they don't even know, just because that group was elected into power. Use your brains, and speak up if you have something to say!
If you don't know or haven't met the members of the MEC, that is your fault. Go talk to them. They are YOUR voice. If you disagree with them, let them know.

I think you miss the point. No one is going to tell you not to go listen to the man speak, but we are more effective when we speak as one. If you think anything you say in one of these fireside chats changes his opinion on anything, you are being a bit naive.

Save your opinion for your reps, your p2ps, and the CNC. They are the ones at the table. Jerry is just there to manage your expectations, spread doom and gloom (ala our cost structure) and then appear to be the messiah when he throws a little bone your way.

They are a one trick pony.

Hold Fast!

Last edited:
Pogue Mahone said:
If you don't know or haven't met the members of the MEC, that is your fault. Go talk to them. They are YOUR voice. If you disagree with them, let them know.

I think you miss the point. No one is going to tell you not to go listen to the man speak, but we are more effective when we speak as one. If you think anything you say in one of these fireside chats changes his opinion on anything, you are being a bit naive.

Save your opinion for your reps, your p2ps, and the CNC. They are the ones at the table. Jerry is just there to manage your expectations, spread doom and gloom (ala our cost structure) and then appear to be the messiah when he throws a little bone your way.

They are a one trick pony.

Hold Fast!

I think both of you misunderstand me. I'm supporting the pilot group. I make it no secret that I am anti-union though, and no amount of peer pressure or snide remarks will change that. (On the contrary, it will reinforce it.) It is possible to support each other as a group, and still not buy into the union bull. After all, think about the pay increase we all could have across the board if we ditched the union just in regained union dues... Yes, I am bitter that I have to pay dues for a inherently corrupt and manipulative group. The only reason I joined is so I have a vote. (I'm not going to pay for something that I can't vote in.)

Anyway, time will tell whether this management team is worth trusting. When Jerry asked who he should fire, I wanted to scream Brian LaBrecque, but for some reason the pilots who responded seemed to think he deserves more time... How much time does it take to realize he is a scumbag?

What!!

He didn't dangle the Coex's 69 airplane carrot again!!

MEC speaks for you? BS you pay dues you are all logical people you can speak for yourselves!! Perhaps maybe your all that retarded however and you need someone else to speak for you. If thats the case I feel sorry for you. We are all human beings here capable of making our own choices

ASA_Aviator said:
I think both of you misunderstand me. I'm supporting the pilot group. I make it no secret that I am anti-union though, and no amount of peer pressure or snide remarks will change that. (On the contrary, it will reinforce it.) It is possible to support each other as a group, and still not buy into the union bull. After all, think about the pay increase we all could have across the board if we ditched the union just in regained union dues... Yes, I am bitter that I have to pay dues for a inherently corrupt and manipulative group. The only reason I joined is so I have a vote. (I'm not going to pay for something that I can't vote in.)

:angryfire So ASA Instigator care to name those that are inherently corrupt and manipulative in the union group. Or are you just a cheap myopic finger pointer who wants to blame those that are trying to get us a descent contract. That is what Agency Shop is for--whiners like you who don't want to pay their way!! You can go to work when the rest of us are walking the line if you are so financially strapped. Maybe they will agree to pay you double time to fly struck work pinhead. You and JoeMercant and his significant other can carpool together. Just think of the money you can save. Maybe you can even go to church for confession and then take a couple of Ten Spots out of the collection plate to help pay for your commute.

Bizjet said:
:angryfire So ASA Instigator care to name those that are inherently corrupt and manipulative in the union group. Or are you just a cheap myopic finger pointer who wants to blame those that are trying to get us a descent contract. That is what Agency Shop is for--whiners like you who don't want to pay their way!! You can go to work when the rest of us are walking the line if you are so financially strapped. Maybe they will agree to pay you double time to fly struck work pinhead. You and JoeMercant and his significant other can carpool together. Just think of the money you can save. Maybe you can even go to church for confession and then take a couple of Ten Spots out of the collection plate to help pay for your commute.

Agency shop is for nazis! Only those who voted in the union should have to pay for it! If that were the case though Dr Phil err I mean Duane wouldnt make his big time salary. Yea the alpa koolaid is much worse than management koolaid! as always the truth lies in the middle

ASA_Aviator said:
I make it no secret that I am anti-union though, and no amount of peer pressure or snide remarks will change that. (On the contrary, it will reinforce it.) It is possible to support each other as a group, and still not buy into the union bull. After all, think about the pay increase we all could have across the board if we ditched the union just in regained union dues... Yes, I am bitter that I have to pay dues for a inherently corrupt and manipulative group. The only reason I joined is so I have a vote. (I'm not going to pay for something that I can't vote in.)

Too bad DFR will require that the inherently corrupt and manipulative grroup will have to go to bat for you when you have a medical issue, a family crisis, or a legal representation/certificate action.

Go fight the company, the FAA legal, and FAA medical certification on your own and see how you fare. I'm sure it'll be a hoot.

ASA_Aviator said:
After all, think about the pay increase we all could have across the board if we ditched the union just in regained union dues... Yes, I am bitter that I have to pay dues for a inherently corrupt and manipulative group. The only reason I joined is so I have a vote. (I'm not going to pay for something that I can't vote in.)

Oh yeah, that 1.95% Pay increase. Just think of it!!!! After tax maybe 1%. WOW!!!! We'd all be RICH!!!! Maybe you don't believe in the union, maybe you think that they are corrupt. But I bet you'd be the first one running and crying to them if the company ever screwed you, or the FAA ever came after your certificate, or you lost your medical.

D'Angelo said:
Agency shop is for nazis! Only those who voted in the union should have to pay for it! If that were the case though Dr Phil err I mean Duane wouldnt make his big time salary. Yea the alpa koolaid is much worse than management koolaid! as always the truth lies in the middle

Yeah, that'd work. Then you would sue when you needed medical assistance, or legal assistance, and it was denied to you because you never wanted to pay for yourself.

Latest resources

Back