Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Notes on Atkin's visit to ASA crew lounge...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its all about propaganda. If Jerry did not go and talk to the pilots. The same people claiming that no one should go listen or ask questions or talk to him, would be saying he has no respect for the pilots if he did he would at least come and speak to us so he could get the real truth, and we could discuss things with mutual respect, etc etc.

Admit it guys you have your agenda just like he does. Most intelligent people will try to wade through the BS and arrive at a reasoned opinion on whatever the issues are for them. That is the best reason to go talk with Jerry as well as the MEC. Then you will be informed. Blindly putting your faith in either side is foolish and will likely become more fodder for bitching and griping on Internet sites like this in the future.

Blucher said:
Rjcap,

Glad I was done with my coffee before I read that! Perhaps a bit harsh, but I can certainly appreciate that. You must be a Yankee, our Southern brethren always get upset with our rather cold sense of humor up north. Although if, purely by chance, you are correct, I'm pretty sure he does have the right to alter your anatomy.

79%N1,

I'm fairly certain he was just teasing him. It's really a form of endearment some places. In the northeast if people aren't teasing you, it means they don't like you. Like my father always told me, "only tease people you like otherwise things can get pretty ugly, pretty fast." *Disclaimer* See last sentence written to Rjcap above*

-Blucher:laugh:

BLucher you must be a Yankee yourself.

The above comment was made in jest. I still feel it was appropriate considering the circumstances. However, as agentlemen I have withdrawn it in good faith so as not to upset you fragile Southerners.

One other point. Gentlemen, don't bring your family members into a lively debate. Your just asking for it !

rjcap said:
BLucher you must be a Yankee yourself.

The above comment was made in jest. I still feel it was appropriate considering the circumstances. However, as agentlemen I have withdrawn it in good faith so as not to upset you fragile Southerners.

One other point. Gentlemen, don't bring your family members into a lively debate. Your just asking for it !

Yep, and darned (not the word I wanted to use, but I know they'll edit it) proud of it. Although I doubt I'd get all excited if they wanted to change the state flag up there.:laugh:
I'd agree with your statement above: To all: if something/someone is off limits, don't bring into the argument. Once it's in, no backsies!
Also, if you find yourself really getting upset about an argument on this board, step away from the computer! Don't take this stuff too personally, it's not personal. Sometimes people just say things in the heat of an argument. It doesn't mean they're a bad person, nor does it mean they think you're a bad person. Learn to distance yourself a bit, it will make you a much better debater. Perhaps, after some practice, you'll even become a "master-debater.";)

-Blucher:beer:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but from the outside looking in, it seems like a few guys over at ASA won't be happy even if they get everything they want. Some of you are so negative.

CRJ's suck said:
it seems like a few guys over at ASA won't be happy even if they get everything they want. Some of you are so negative.

If it didn't totally suck balls, if they weren't out to get us, make our lives miserable, screw us on the contract, whipsaw the sh!t out of us, treat us like crap, take away our bennies, and take huge management bonuses out of our pockets.......

......we wouldn't be so negative.

rjcap said:
Since you were called in on a NAP your pretty junior around here. I always love it how you junior guys are such experts on negotiations. You will be the first ones to sell us out.

Regarding the 70 seater, Bulcher responded accurately to that.

Meeeeow! Here P*ssy, P*ssy, P*ssy.... Don't hide behind being a gentleman, if you're gonna say something like that then don't puss out and edit it out. I was wrong, maybe you're like a teenager that has to result to vulgar insults when someone says something you can't dispute cause you can't make your point otherwise.

No, I'm not junior I just bid nap reserve a few months ago to get certain days off and I liked the time off with my family. I flew 7 naps last month and I will bid a line again when reserve gets worse. Did you have 23 days off last month oh senior one with 4000+ hrs? But I guess 6 yrs is junior to you.

I was involved in two strike deadlines after being released at a previous carrier and now am involved as a P2P and volunteering at the Strike center at ASA. I have never professed to be an expert on negotiations unlike your expertise on what should and will happen at ASA.

Last edited:
Ganja60heavy: If it didn't totally suck balls, if they weren't out to get us, make our lives miserable, screw us on the contract, whipsaw the sh!t out of us, treat us like crap, take away our bennies, and take huge management bonuses out of our pockets.......

......we wouldn't be so negative.

Funny, at my last job they did all of that too (except for the whipsaw) and I hated it. Guess what I did, I left. Had to start over from the bottom at a new place but I took my services elswhere. Yeah I started off making a few dollars less an hour, but my QOL was greatly improved. Have you ever thought of doing something like that???

GO AROUND said:
Meeeeow! Here P*ssy, P*ssy, P*ssy.... Don't hide behind being a gentleman, if you're gonna say something like that then don't puss out and edit it out. I was wrong, maybe you're like a teenager that has to result to vulgar insults when someone says something you can't dispute cause you can't make your point otherwise.

I editied the previous post due to the objections of the readers on this board. However, you are such an irritating condensending jerk I regret it. I believe you are the one that initiated the "teenager like" insults. Throwing your 2 year old son into the mix was not very mature either.

No, I'm not junior I just bid nap reserve a few months ago to get certain days off and I liked the time off with my family. I flew 7 naps last month and I will bid a line again when reserve gets worse. Did you have 23 days off last month oh senior one with 4000+ hrs? But I guess 6 yrs is junior to you.

I don't edit my profile and yes you are junior.

Do you remember the sht storm that was ASA in 1997/1998 during the previous contract ???? After that and the last 3.5 years I think I am very qualified to state my opinions on the current situation.

The current contract was only achieved when it was apparent that the airline was going to shutdown. Thats what did it, nothing else.

I was involved in two strike deadlines after being released at a previous carrier and now am involved as a P2P and volunteering at the Strike center at ASA. I have never professed to be an expert on negotiations unlike your expertise on what should and will happen at ASA.

This makes no sense to me. If you are that actively involved then whay are you so pro mgmt??

Thanks for your follow up post. You have proven my point.

rjcap,

You're comparing me saying you were acting like a 2 yr old to you calling my son a little bastard? That proves my point as well. That's how your post read, not an insult just an observation/opinion. You making a comment about my son and you don't know me or him, that's a personal attck from an immature prick that has no basis. Not a gentleman.

People called you out for the D*ck that you are and you agreed and edited your post. Am I wrong? Ask them.

I may be junior to you but being senior to 1000 pilots is not junior at ASA.

The pilot group and situation at TSA in 99 was as bad or worse than at ASA in 98.

Look at my posts past and present and ask around here and you will see that I am far from pro managment. I support my union and my fellow pilots and am very qualified to state my opinions on here.

You're a angry prick. Just my opinion.

I'm going to kick a dead horse one more time.

GO AROUND said:
rjcap,

You're comparing me saying you were acting like a 2 yr old to you calling my son a little bastard? That proves my point as well. That's how your post read, not an insult just an observation/opinion. You making a comment about my son and you don't know me or him, that's a personal attck from an immature prick that has no basis. Not a gentleman.

People called you out for the D*ck that you are and you agreed and edited your post. Am I wrong? Ask them.

You threw the first barb back on post #4 because you didn't like what I said in my translation of the mgmt bllsht session. You lashed out and started insulting me. You continued being a condensending jckas in every post until you didn't like the fact that I threw your own insults back at you and made it a little more personal. If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

Regarding editing my comments because they may have been considered too harsh, I won't make that mistake again. I'll just let the moderators ban me.

I may be junior to you but being senior to 1000 pilots is not junior at ASA.

My reference is to your easily manipulated attitude towards another management initiative to con us into a pay cut. I agree JA is a tremendously better manager then our current CEO. However, he is here to get our costs down no matter what. Manipulating the facts to his benefit and our detriment is his game plan.

The pilot group and situation at TSA in 99 was as bad or worse than at ASA in 98.

I understand TSA was a rough place to work. I had some friends there and they didn't like it. Once again, why are you falling for the mgmt two step ???

Look at my posts past and present and ask around here and you will see that I am far from pro managment. I support my union and my fellow pilots and am very qualified to state my opinions on here.

I see inconsisitency. On one hand you are adament about changing the situation around here. Then you become soft because Jerry comes to town and tells you what you want to hear.

You're a angry prick. Just my opinion.

Your gdmn right !!! Aren't you. We are on year 8 of a 4 year contract that was signed in 1998. Its bad enough that the we are showing very little progress on the current contract but even worse that the company has so blatantly vilolated the previous one. When does this end ??

Whatever we sign we will be stuck with for another 8 years? While the company is making record profits will we see any of this ?? Profit sharing has worked well for Skywest but profit sharing at ASA? Do you really have that kind of trust in mgmt ?

I'm like everybody else. I want to go to work and have a set of working guidelines that don't allow for uncontrolled manipultion by that freak show known as crew scheduling !

Should I not be pissed ?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back