No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya, you won with the pension!

401k was always your money to do whatever you wanted with...the pension was never yours unless you made retirement. Many guys found out the difference..and it sucked the life out of their retirement. Admit it. Many guys making a grand total of 40k a year in retirement from the Pension Board. Sounds like a great plan dude.

Lee Moak says it best: "'Independent union' is an oxymoron."

You guys are going to get your asses handed to you in Section 6, and it's largely because you refuse to be a part of the organization that has the experience in dealing with the kind of management that you now have. You'll learn. But the lessons will have a price.

Boy that was easy.... I stand by my ALPAzombie statement!!!

Because ... ALPA (via Airtran and the SLI) dealt so well with SW management in the past couple of years?

ALPA provides the resources. Local reps either use them or don't. Our MC didn't. The results speak for themselves.

PNCL I noticed your posts are up. Are you flying on reserve now or just bored?

Eh, I take breaks and then come back here on occasion. Only so much of waveflyer that I can take. ;)

But no, still not flying much at all.

Have you seen our current contract?

Yep. Never been impressed by it.

ALPA has never been able to achieve what SWAPA has.

Easily the most ignorant thing ever said on Flightinfo. SWAPA still hasn't achieved the pay rates that ALPA achieved in the late '90s, even with the nonstop profitability of your company. That's pathetic. SWAPA has never accomplished much of anything, besides riding on ALPA coattails.

You mean the codeshare part?

Riding on coat tails? That's funny, and clueless at the same time.

So how exactly will we get 'our ass handed to us?'

ALPA provides the resources. Local reps either use them or don't. Our MC didn't. The results speak for themselves.

So, on one hand we have an organization that "has the experience in dealing with [sic] management" solely capable of keeping Section 6 on the side of labor ... and on the other hand it's - "well, the local MEC sucked" it's not our fault.

There's 2% I'll never see a return on.

Once again, you talk "WE" like you play on a pro sports team. WE won, or WE lost....hopefully WE will get into the Super Bowl. You were buzzing around in an RJ that our scope relief provided. You should say thank you Bill.....

Don't get me started on who put pressure on who.....SWA was the model for all of our pension cuts and productivity changes in Bankruptcy. Like it or not, your model was what management wanted.....no pensions, higher productivity, no meals, pay for training....the list goes on and on.

Yeah, he's pretty quick to throw on the ALPA jersey and try and pretend he actually participated in the super bowl.

But every sports team has a bunch of duffers down at the local bar swilling beer and imagining themselves to be participating in the reflected achievements of others.

Cartman should just have another plate of cheesy fries.

Name one thing on Capitol Hill SWAPA was behind besides pushing for age 65 and I'll stand down.

KCM? No.....
Abu Dhabi customs?.....try again.
Bankruptcy reform?.....not this time....

Prepare to stand down Bill because three strikes and you're out!

TSA To Begin Testing Crewmember Identity Verification Program

"More efficient, updated and secure systems for commercial aviation are long overdue and we are proud to partner with regulators, Southwest Airlines and other organizations to improve the screening process for all professional flight crews," said Captain Steve Chase, President of the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association. "Our flight crews are professionals and trusted agents and should be permitted to have greater ease of movement about the airport while on duty."
http://www.aero-news.net/subsite.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=2e42e7de-173d-4aa2-a49f-f90e31f112cf

First flight from Abu Dhabi Pre-clearance facility marks sad day for U.S. airline industry

DALLAS, Jan. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today marks a sad day for the U.S. airline industry, as the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association (SWAPA) learned that the first flight from Abu Dhabi to the United States was operated utilizing the Customs and Border Patrol's Pre-Clearance facility located at the Abu Dhabi airport.
"Southwest pilots stand together with industry and labor partners to express our dismay at the federal government's regrettable actions in choosing to open this unnecessary pre-clearance facility at Abu Dhabi," said Captain Mark Richardson, SWAPA President. "We are more than willing to compete against any airline in the world, including state-sponsored Middle East entities. However, Middle East entities that already enjoy generous state sponsorship should not receive additional government support from the U.S. taxpayer. We oppose our own government tilting the playing field further against U.S. airlines."
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ad-day-for-us-airline-industry-241892581.html

[House Hearing, 111 Congress]
PROTECTING EMPLOYEES IN AIRLINE BANKRUPTCIES

"On behalf of our members, I want to address the urgent need to correct an unfair difference in the way airline employees are treated in Chapter 11 bankruptcies from rail employees covered under Railway Labor Act. In bankruptcy filings, railroad labor contracts administered under the RLA cannot be unilaterally abrogated, while airline labor contracts under the RLA are subject to judicially approved abrogation."
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-111hhrg54077/html/CHRG-111hhrg54077.htm

Latest resources

Back