• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does it simply require a re-opener, or does it actually prohibit operation of the new type until agreement is reached?

The way it is worded I believe it to be a re-opener only, nothing that prohibits the operation until negotiations are completed.

"this Agreement will be reopened for the sole purpose of negotiating wages, rates of pay, relocation expenses, bidding, and hours or conditions of employment particularly applicable to the specific situation."

In that case, it gives you no leverage, unfortunately. Your contract is already opened. It's a meaningless provision at this point.

Not that it would matter anyway, as we love shiny jets!

Well, look at the bright side. You've probably got 20% of the pilot group now that will vote no on just about everything just out of spite. :) Come up with the other 30.01% and you're golden.

Well, look at the bright side. You've probably got 20% of the pilot group now that will vote no on just about everything just out of spite. :) Come up with the other 30.01% and you're golden.

I hope so, but, surprisingly, more than half of the FAT guys I've flown with so far have drank the Kool Aid. Hopefully we'll get some more no voters when the rest come over!

I hope so, but, surprisingly, more than half of the FAT guys I've flown with so far have drank the Kool Aid. Hopefully we'll get some more no voters when the rest come over!

The first group were the guys who were eager to go. You know, the "high five" crowd that redflyer always mentions and wants to pretend was our entire pilot group. These were the guys who lived in a SWA domicile or who had their finances in such horrible shambles that they desperately needed the money. After those guys, though, things change significantly. As Ty pointed out either in this thread or another, they're displacing people across the partition now. Most of the guys left to transition are not going willingly. I don't think the kool aid is going to take so easily.

I don't see what taking a negative attitude to a new work place gains anyone? And less Koolaid drinkers the better, especially during section 6...

Latest resources

Back