• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhh, gotcha. I never get on SWALife, so I had no idea. I can understand the frustration. And if they think that the harmonica playing is so awesome, they should try listening to it over and over again on a four day trip. I never flew with MD, but I did with our other harmonica player. Nice guy, but that thing can make you want to blow your brains out after the third or fourth leg.

Check it out, as a "union thug", it'll make your skin crawl.

LOL.....

Yeah, the harmonica is kind of a sore subject with me. Done well, it can be a tasteful addition to a song. Unfortunately, not many folks can play it well. I have a cover band, and every so often, someone at a gig shows up with a harp, and wants to jam. Even though we ALWAYS say no, they stand right in front and jam away, typically in the wrong key.... It must be hell on the PA speakers in the airplane.....

<shrugs> Whatever. As far as I'm concerned, life is too short to waste being bitter or spiteful about something that happened 25 years ago.

While I would typically agree, those of us that were paying a strike assessment, or worse, walking the line, during EAL 89, tend to be a little sensitive about the subject. These guys have negatively affected the career of every one of us. While I am not, nor do I officially advocate defecating in their flight bags or harassing them in any way (I think I still have my scab clicker lying around somewhere), in the words of Chris Rock, "I understand"............

While I would typically agree, those of us that were paying a strike assessment, or worse, walking the line, during EAL 89, tend to be a little sensitive about the subject. These guys have negatively affected the career of every one of us. While I am not, nor do I officially advocate defecating in their flight bags or harassing them in any way (I think I still have my scab clicker lying around somewhere), in the words of Chris Rock, "I understand"............
I understand, and I don't want to make light of anyone's experiences. I walked the line in a former airline life, so I know what a sensitive subject it is. But at some point, I think you have to move on and accept that other people made different decisions, and without knowing the specifics of his situation 25 years ago, I can't judge a man.

I do know that during the few years at AirTran that I was around him, he was a great guy. And I would hate to have my whole life judged by my worst moment. "He who is without sin, etc, etc..."

Last edited:
I understand, and I don't want to make light of anyone's experiences. I walked the line in a former airline life, so I know what a sensitive subject it is. But at some point, I think you have to move on and accept that other people made different decisions, and without knowing the specifics of his situation 25 years ago, I can't judge a man.

You're a better man than I........ ;)

Oops, didn't mean to add that edit after you already posted. I thought I could slip the edit in really quick. :) But I think it kind of helps explain my position.

Last edited:
Check it out, as a "union thug", it'll make your skin crawl.

LOL.....

Yeah, the harmonica is kind of a sore subject with me. Done well, it can be a tasteful addition to a song. Unfortunately, not many folks can play it well. I have a cover band, and every so often, someone at a gig shows up with a harp, and wants to jam. Even though we ALWAYS say no, they stand right in front and jam away, typically in the wrong key.... It must be hell on the PA speakers in the airplane.....

Completely agree. You have to be good, or just leave it at home.

Oops, didn't mean to add that edit after you already posted. I thought I could slip it in really quick. :) But I think it kind of helps explain my position.

Ahh, you humanized him....

Easy mistake to make. They seem almost human when they're smiling to your face, so it's easy to forget that they'll stab you in the back (again), given the first opportunity..... ;)

IMHO, as part of being let back into the industry, they should be required to have a scarlet "S" tattooed to their forehead to make it easier to pick them out and remind others of their professional transgressions.....

<shrugs> Whatever. As far as I'm concerned, life is too short to waste being bitter or spiteful about something that happened 25 years ago.

Such backward reasoning. Forgiveness for a scab, but disgruntlement for losing 2-3 years in an sli with SWA.

????

Sorry if that's not extremely weird to me.

Great post!

"I understand.." As well

Latest resources

Back