• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Such backward reasoning. Forgiveness for a scab, but disgruntlement for losing 2-3 years in an sli with SWA.

????

Sorry if that's not extremely weird to me.

Don't be obtuse, Wave. I already said in this thread that I don't blame individual SWA pilots for anything and I that enjoy working with them.

But if you want to talk about weird, then holding a grudge so obsessively that 25 years later you're still furiously trashing a retired guy on the internet, well...

No grudge. I just don't accept scabs as peers.
It's wierd to me that any pilot would.
It isn't situational.
You flat out do NOT do it
I just think the discretion should be at least as much of a hindrance to this career as a violation, accident, or pink slips. Apparently, you're an enabler. That's on you man.
But I do not care what anyone has going on- BE READY TO STRIKE IF YOUR GROUP VOTES THAT WAY, NO MATTER IF YOU AGREE OR NOT, HAVE A SICK CHILD, MORTGAGE, OR WIFE WITH NUTTY SPENDING HABITS- we as a profession need to be able to trust and count on one another to hold the line when we decide to go that way. It's your responsibility to prepare to do that.

Not optional in my book and no, they'll never find a comfortable home at my airline if they do. As was said- no hazing. But you don't get to socialize.

Sorry if the air tran culture taught you something different.

Sounds like a good dude.

You know what? I knew a good dude who landed gear up. Good pilot, multiple MEL's contributed. No warning. Doesn't get to be a pilot though.
Scab is, in the best case scenario, that situation.

You can now go be a good dude playing the harmonica in an accounting firm.

By the way- what was "furious" about my post?

Please explain how my position on scabs is an emotional one for you?

Last edited:
Spot on Wave.

I can never envision a situation where I would Scab. I wouldn't do it at ANY airline. Too much respect for the profession and my fellow pilots. And that would extend to any carrier.

I'd rather work at Auto Zone, or Wal Mart. Pretty much anywhere than cross that line. Not worth it.

Such backward reasoning. Forgiveness for a scab, but disgruntlement for losing 2-3 years in an sli with SWA.

????

Sorry if that's not extremely weird to me.

Sorta reminds me of a guy who built his career because of my scope clause, then moves on and b!tches about the very same scope that let him build time.

:laugh:

I'm sure he would have rather not spent ANY time in an underpaid regional, but your right we need scope concessions so guys can build time, brilliant, you should get a job with mgmt...

Sorta reminds me of a guy who built his career because of my scope clause, then moves on and b!tches about the very same scope that let him build time.

:laugh:

He's as bad as a Scab because he flew trips that you WILLING gave away?

Yea, that's exactly the same Bill. DL scope has been laughable from the beginning. Definitely beneath the Double Breasted Blazer brigade.

He's as bad as a Scab because he flew trips that you WILLING gave away?

Yea, that's exactly the same Bill. DL scope has been laughable from the beginning. Definitely beneath the Double Breasted Blazer brigade.

Throttle back Red.....

I never gave "trips" away. I let Wavey build time....big difference....

TIC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back