• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA announces 1000 applications for pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm with you. Everyone has their own specifics they look for. And it's always ok to ask questions. And contrary to many things said here, aside from attitude, there isn't the pushback that some claim there is. At times I'm sure it may feel that way. I know you guys get beat up on a daily basis and to call at the end of the (14 hour) day with maintenance gripes and get an attitude in return probably pisses you off. It would me!

Let me change the original question. What do you know about the practice of pilots carrying a small bag of burned out light bulbs? No it can't be proven. Yes I know it happens. Just curious what your thoughts are on it.

SG

I haven't heard of the Bulb Bag story, but a couple of pilots told me stories of cohorts turning on taxi/landing lights during preflight so they would be cracked, thereby grounding the plane. This happened during the last contract negotiations. One of them sat in my plane and vented his frustration that his captain was grounding the plane every day. More Union thuggery.

G4, how come everything you say we are supposed to

treat as gospel?

Yet everything someone else says is union thuggery and shame on them?

I see my pm to you was a waste of time on my part. Sorry to have bothered you.

If the four pillars aren't management bullying and thuggery I don't know what is?

treat as gospel?

Yet everything someone else says is union thuggery and shame on them?

I see my pm to you was a waste of time on my part. Sorry to have bothered you.

If the four pillars aren't management bullying and thuggery I don't know what is?

These were fellow pilots, not management types telling me these things. Union members.

We as pilots are doing our jobs.

If we weren't, there would be no Netjets.

We are really not your enemy, we have a symbiotic relationship with the people at Bridgeway, well, except the management guys.

Semore

Totally agree. And anyone who isn't concerned about about what the pilot group is thinking has a false sense of security. Without you, our paychecks eventually stop. I think things will get worked out in time. My fear is the union or a few of the union supporters taking things too far and we end up losing the support of BH. Yeah I know the company management is risking that too.

I'm glad you mentioned the Bway group. We're all in this together.

SG

Nope. The pilot who sat in my plane in HPN was a Falcon FO, a very frustrated guy.

I wonder if it's the same individual I've talked about about in the past. What was interesting is the guy had supporters everywhere...except from those that had to work side by side with him. He was the only one out of 3000 that I thought didn't belong.

SG

Atually what I think happened is someone got fired because he didn't find some grounding items that another guy found later on.

So everyone being fearful of not finding an aircraft discrepancy that someone else finds later ... is looking under every nook and cranny and writing up everything they can find.

It's not that I think it. I have been told by your peers it occurs. I agree it's a crime, but it goes back to Diesel's statement of "what you know and what you can prove are two different things". What is silly is you and I both (and likely everyone here) knows that if you look hard enough, every aircraft in the universe could be grounded for something. It's not hard to do and to resort to something like this is weak.

As far as you not witnessing it, I believe that's entirely possible. If you scroll through my past comments, you'll see it that I believe there it's a small number of your group that creates problems. Every group regardless of industry has them. I'm speechless that nobody here has ever heard of such things.

SG

A bag of burned out bulbs.....I think your bulb is a bit dim!

I've been around a long while and have never, ever, heard anything like this.
What you are implying is sabotage. There are enough things wrong with these planes it's hard not to document discrepancies. MEL's are a pain in the ass. They only take up more of my time. But it's part of the job description to recognize discrepancies and document them.

I am more concerned about the group that knows something is wrong and doesn't take the time to write it up. They leave it to people like me, now I have to be the bad guy.

Perhaps there is metric for the pilot that never writes up anything. Maybe you should look into that!

Latest resources

Back