• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA announces 1000 applications for pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, you just have a comeback for everything don't ya.

Okay, try reading what's written. I know a couple of those places already have unions. That's why I tried to cover all the bases by saying, "....more, AND BETTER, unions.".

Man, you just have a comeback for everything don't ya.

Okay, try reading what's written. I know a couple of those places already have unions. That's why I tried to cover all the bases by saying, "....more, AND BETTER, unions.".

only speaking in the reality I have experienced man, it is like reality man. Are you saying not all unions are BETTER unions?

I've always enjoyed the ridiculousness of pilots buying into managements claims that the reason you are working harder and longer, is due to a few outliers. That's a complete fabrication. The reality is you are working longer and harder because we are busier than ever, bookings through the roof, with too few pilots and planes on the property.

One who feels they are working too hard, perhaps are in fact doing so. Perhaps that crew should self evaluate if they are themselves too tired to complete their late assignment. Perhaps they might find they too are fatigued and should pull the plug.

I LOVE doing recoveries, because I know that a CREW actually did the PROFESSIONAL thing and pulled the plug, rather than pushed a maintenance issue, or their own personal limits, which could have resulted in a fatality. Or perhaps I'll go out on a limb, and say SCHEDULING really was the cause of the "recovery" in the first place. Every single day they have major errors, that are FIXED by crews.

For some reason those TACP, ACP and CP, never seem to say, "we have schedulers" that are the problem. Maybe you should ask yourself why that is? Maybe it's because they all went to the same school, and are infallible? As long as we have pilots "calling in" and LISTENING to ONE SIDE of a story, we'll continue to be led down the managements path of concession and firings. Pathetic.

Those all seem like really great companies
They were, great people, great airplanes, I didn't mention the other one that I did not work for like Ford, GM, Dana, Eastern, Pam am Braniff, Airborne, ATA, I could go on, but there lots of places that airline careers have died. NJ is not one of them.

They were, great people, great airplanes, I didn't mention the other one that I did not work for like Ford, GM, Dana, Eastern, Pam am Braniff, Airborne, ATA, I could go on, but there lots of places that airline careers have died. NJ is not one of them.

I'm gonna agree with yip on this one. Careers don't die at NJ.

Nutjets is a career stop for the RJ F/Os who think they'll move on from there.

Agreed: NJA is where careers die.

So just so I'm following you correctly, the handful of pilots that are "problem children" are the reason that pilots at Netjets are working fourteen hour days? 2700 pilots on the payroll what is three percent? Ok, my math says 81 pilots. So we should expect 81 pilots to be fired with no discipline? 81 troublemakers are the SOLE reason the other 2,619 pilots are working fourteen hour days?? It wouldn't have anything to do with managements bad decisions like: Whipping the horse till it bleeds? (125% out of your workforce at all times), recalling too late?, hiring too late,creating a work environment where over 800 pilots put their applications out? Not seeing the macro picture of a shortage of well qualified pilots and hiring demand in the industry? I could go on all day. Its like shooting ducks in a barrel :)

I think no matter what is said, you'll find a way to make it negative just to show you oppose anything I say. You do not work 7 straight 14 hour days. Do you have a few every rotation? Probably so. I never said those who don't like to work or have a vendetta against the company are the SOLE reasons you work a 14 hour day. If there are 40 pilots every rotation not wanting to fly, there are sure to be some of the good guys asked to cover extra trips. I'm beginning to wonder if you work for the company. You deny that these types exist. That or you're extremely naive although I think you're smarter than that. No they don't deserve to be fired. Contrary to your belief, the company just wants you all to do your job. That's it. It costs too much money and resources to terminate. Be one of the 3%ers and you're name becomes known fairly quick. I can't tell you if those who were let go were disciplined first. You may be told there was no discipline, but as far as I know the company doesn't publicise actions taken against employees.

There isn't a shortage of qualified pilots. Someone earlier said the majors have 10k apps on file. We have 1000 within a couple of weeks. You stated 800 of our pilots put their apps out and aren't getting hired. Where is this shortage?

I agree, the recalls and hiring were started way too late. It hurt you on the road the most, but those of us at the mothership also struggled. These decisions are made at the very top; not anyone you deal with through the normal course of business.

SG

There isn't a shortage of qualified pilots. Someone earlier said the majors have 10k apps on file. We have 1000 within a couple of weeks. You stated 800 of our pilots put their apps out and aren't getting hired. Where is this shortage?

SG

Unfortunately, it will be a long time before the majors start giving serious consideration to pilots at NJ. But, you'll never get hired unless you apply

Latest resources

Back