• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA announces 1000 applications for pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the first time I have heard of such nonsense. You office guys need to get more sunlight.

This is the biggest pile of manure that I have ever heard of. You have got to be $hitting me. You have a lot of nerve coming on a pilot board spewing that crap. I heard that management stoolies have been assigned to find pilot boards to try and spread false accusations in order to sidetrack the truth of what is really going on at the company. I know you won't admit it, but I know you know it is true.

I've been on this board for many years watching and occasionally commenting. Why? Because I care about our company. Believe it or not I care about your side too. Go back and read my posts. I belong to no other boards nor am I sidetracking anything. Nobody has asked me to do anything. I am asking what is known about a practice that your peers have told me occurs. I couldn't get a direct answer from anyone about the select few that go out of their way to hamper the operation. What is that supposed to tell those who are reading?

I know what is going on with the company. Negotiations are shi%&ty at the moment. The company is asking for concessions and pay cuts and whatever else. Several members of your group has been let go, although the reasons why on both sides differ. Many in your group think it's a campaign. I don't think it is, but I can see where you think it might be. What has been going on with the company from your point of view has been has been set out for everyone to see in these boards. I'm certain there is more to your story that can't be shared here.

SG

I can however say that I have flown with some real crazies who were willing to do whatever it takes to get the "mission" done.

That's not good either. Nobody here wants you to take unnecessary risk. Some here have stated they get pushback from the controllers. I think maybe it's misinterpreted, but regardless you are the final authority.

SG

Wait are you mentally retarded?

I've been here for 15 years and I have never ever ever heard of anyone even coming close to doing what you're talking about.

I have never even heard of anyone talking about it. I've never heard of anyone making mention of it. I've never heard of anyone saying one thing about what you're talking about it and I'm disgusted that you would say anyone at this company would do it. I would personally kick their ass and I've never ever heard of it.

What I thought you were asking were guys writing up more planes than their peers. Sure just like there are guys that write up less planes than their peers.

But to think that guys would intentionally replace bulbs and do what you say???? You must be insane.

Hypothetical? I heard of the practice years ago. And over the years I'd talk to you guys coming through the office and throw it in the conversation. In return I'd get a smirk and admission that it occurs. In the two dozen or so times I've asked about it, it was never denied that it occurs. I never asked for names or any other specifics. I know that it happens. I suppose shouldn't expect anything but denial on these boards. I'm not accusing anyone directly, but I know you know it occurs.

Techs throwing away bulbs in the galley trash. Or even replacing a bad bulb for use at a later time. Burned out bulbs are not hard to find.

SG

If you work in the office I would be asking the company why they are so dead set on making sure you guys are not on the seniority list.

Posts like these show the real disconnect between those in the office and those on the road.

There are those that can and those that are in the office.

I've been on this board for many years watching and occasionally commenting. Why? Because I care about our company. Believe it or not I care about your side too. Go back and read my posts. I belong to no other boards nor am I sidetracking anything. Nobody has asked me to do anything. I am asking what is known about a practice that your peers have told me occurs. I couldn't get a direct answer from anyone about the select few that go out of their way to hamper the operation. What is that supposed to tell those who are reading?

I know what is going on with the company. Negotiations are shi%&ty at the moment. The company is asking for concessions and pay cuts and whatever else. Several members of your group has been let go, although the reasons why on both sides differ. Many in your group think it's a campaign. I don't think it is, but I can see where you think it might be. What has been going on with the company from your point of view has been has been set out for everyone to see in these boards. I'm certain there is more to your story that can't be shared here.

SG

Not my peers. My peers are professional aviators. I have never even heard of such a thing in my twenty five years as a professional aviator. I am going to quadruple my efforts to fight this despicable management and educate my peers of the crap being spewed here.

Wait are you mentally retarded?

I've been here for 15 years and I have never ever ever heard of anyone even coming close to doing what you're talking about.

I have never even heard of anyone talking about it. I've never heard of anyone making mention of it. I've never heard of anyone saying one thing about what you're talking about it and I'm disgusted that you would say anyone at this company would do it. I would personally kick their ass and I've never ever heard of it.

What I thought you were asking were guys writing up more planes than their peers. Sure just like there are guys that write up less planes than their peers.

But to think that guys would intentionally replace bulbs and do what you say???? You must be insane.

Then I was lied to numerous times. And stating that I know it happens or happened based on what I was told would also be incorrect and unprofessional for me to accuse. For that I apologize to all of you.

Diesel, the question I originally asked you wasn't about the bulbs. It was more about the few who make more of an effort to get out of work than just working. It's not about who writes up more or fewer. I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at.

Again, if I was mislead I apologize to everyone.

SG

Not my peers. My peers are professional aviators. I have never even heard of such a thing in my twenty five years as a professional aviator. I am going to quadruple my efforts to fight this despicable management and educate my peers of the crap being spewed here.

I've recanted and apologized. I'm not management and I haven't haven't been asked by management to do anything.

SG

Based on my observations you guys won't be able to get pilots in about 2 years. 1100 applicants is nothing. 1100 apps after 7 years of not hiring!!

Netjets is only letting about 1/2 get to the sim...down to 550. Some will fail the sim....down to 500. Others will get job offers but go elsewhere. Netjet pilots are going to the airlines and the numbers leaving will increase.....especially the amount of fo's.

Last edited:
Hahahahaha!!!!! No, never heard of the bag of bulbs.

We as pilots are doing our jobs.

If we weren't, there would be no Netjets.

We are really not your enemy, we have a symbiotic relationship with the people at Bridgeway, well, except the management guys.

You don't have to go sifting through the aircraft looking for write ups. They make themselves known!!!

How about the red headed mechanic at Lunkin telling me that unless the oil is dripping on the ground from the engine it's ok!!!!!
(Hang on Howdy Doody, it can consume a quart in 8 hours, not leak a quart)

Another engine at Columbus, I take the mechanic out and point at the number 1 engine with oil streaming down the nacelle. Then take him to the number 2 engine with no oil. I ask, OK, one is wrong! Which one do I write up?
(For the record, the one leaking the oil is what he said)

Be careful out there gang!

Semore

Latest resources

Back