• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bail pilots out when they get dui's. Sort of like a training contract. We bail you out and you fly rubber dog poop to Mexico for a year. And do reverse college reimbursement. Pay them 2 grand a year to not go to college.

Back on topic. They have sent out 105 first time recalls for the Sept 2 class and they may not have the 32 they wanted but they are out of time

Bail pilots out when they get dui's.
that was actually suggested until they were told these guys cannot fly into Canada on CANPASS. We are now actually recruiting college grads who can get their restricted ATP at 1000 hrs. But this candidate has many options so I have not seen one of yet.

that was actually suggested until they were told these guys cannot fly into Canada on CANPASS. We are now actually recruiting college grads who can get their restricted ATP at 1000 hrs. But this candidate has many options so I have not seen one of yet.

Because college degreed pilots make for better aviators. Which is what the military has proven as of late.

Because college degreed pilots make for better aviators. Which is what the military has proven as of late.
right keep smoking that funny stuff, flew with those non-degreed guys in Vietnam, they were awful good would take any one of them over some of the degreed guys we have hired.

All the military cares about is Attrition rates. Because the training is expensive and attrition costs a lot of money.

They train thousands every year and lower attrition rates save millions of dollars. College degree = lower attrition from training command. GPA doesn't matter that much but ATSB scores do. NAMI has the stats and studies on this.

All the military cares about is Attrition rates. Because the training is expensive and attrition costs a lot of money.

They train thousands every year and lower attrition rates save millions of dollars. College degree = lower attrition from training command. GPA doesn't matter that much but ATSB scores do. NAMI has the stats and studies on this.

Yes and back in the day non degrees guys passed those tests and degreed guys did not. Neil Armstrong was a non degreed Navy pilot I think he did ok

Last edited:
Neil Armstrong had a degree in engineering and was a college professor after his gig at NASA. You may be thinking of Chuck Yeager, a lesser man in every respect.

Neil Armstrong had a degree in engineering and was a college professor after his gig at NASA. You may be thinking of Chuck Yeager, a lesser man in every respect.

No I am thinking of Neil Armstrong. He was flying jets off of carriers during Korea without his college degree Check it out

I don't have a dog in this fight and to a certain extent I agree with you but I think you are being a bit disingenuous. You are comparing someone who didn't bother to finish college to someone who was accepted to MIT and was in college at Purdue when the war broke out. Armstrong left college to serve in the war and then finished up when he returned and eventually earned a masters degree in aeronautical engineering. No comparison. I would argue that his success was due in a large part to his education as his most notable achievements occurred after he earned his degree. The fact is that it's the airlines sandbox and they set the rules so you can argue your point till your blue in the face, won't change a thing.

Latest resources

Back