• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nicolau Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This Company did an about face just prior to September o4, stopped a major expansion in South and Latin America, and closed down a major hub expansion in FLL. The ONLY thing they went after during the 2nd bankruptcy was the employee contracts. The target we were told from day one was the LOW BALL AWA contract. We were told that we HAD to match the AWA contract almost exactly.

After the merger was announced it came out that AWA and the company had been talking since PRIOR to the bankruptcy filing. That is correct - PRIOR. It became very obvious that Parker had been back-dooring the shots for some time. In addition to the Captain jobs lost due to the contract changes, US Airways parked 60 aircraft as a DIRECT result of the merger.

All of these jobs were HELD by US Airways pilots and are now being TRANSFERRED to AWA pilots by virtue of a flawed and corrupt system. Just ONE example - It took ALPA 18 MONTHS before even setting the PID date, because AWA couldn't come up with an accurate seniority list. (For reference - The entire Delta/NWA process took about 18 months from start to finish!)

This is just one of the reasons why this will NEVER be settled, and why the AWA scumbags will be treated as the opportunistic thieves that they are.

Their cry throughout the merger process was "Keep your eye on the prize." I wonder why?

FlyUnder
Can you please create some links to the info you are citing above? I'm sure everything you are saying is absolutely true...even though none of us have heard any of it until now, but I'd like to see the official source. No offense, of course.

This is just one of the reasons why this will NEVER be settled, and why the AWA scumbags will be treated as the opportunistic thieves that they are.

It will be settled, no doubt about it, the rule of law will ultimately trump an unruley mob and abusive majority. No need rehashing the merger or the arguments, there was plenty of time for that during the arbitration with over 3000 pages of testimony. You may not like it, but the Nicolau award is the integrated system seniority list at LCC and it will be implemented.

Flyunder's memory must be failing him. FLL was a FOCUS CITY and the carribean expansion was burning cash at a horrendous rate. He conveniently leaves out Dr. Bronner's strong-arm tactics which had more effect than anything Parker had done. Maybe Bronner shaped the attitude of the east pilot's more than they are willing to admit.

This Company did an about face just prior to September o4, stopped a major expansion in South and Latin America, and closed down a major hub expansion in FLL. The ONLY thing they went after during the 2nd bankruptcy was the employee contracts. The target we were told from day one was the LOW BALL AWA contract. We were told that we HAD to match the AWA contract almost exactly.

After the merger was announced it came out that AWA and the company had been talking since PRIOR to the bankruptcy filing. That is correct - PRIOR. It became very obvious that Parker had been back-dooring the shots for some time. In addition to the Captain jobs lost due to the contract changes, US Airways parked 60 aircraft as a DIRECT result of the merger.

All of these jobs were HELD by US Airways pilots and are now being TRANSFERRED to AWA pilots by virtue of a flawed and corrupt system. Just ONE example - It took ALPA 18 MONTHS before even setting the PID date, because AWA couldn't come up with an accurate seniority list. (For reference - The entire Delta/NWA process took about 18 months from start to finish!)

Their cry throughout the merger process was "Keep your eye on the prize." I wonder why?

FlyUnder

Where did you get your facts on that one? Total BS

Trogdor, I would like to think that professional pilots would get over themselves enough to do their jobs; however if an FO of has a problem with the capt they should remove themselves from the the trip. Or the capt will do it for them. And vice versa. If a crewmember is playing political games; at least in my cockpit, we will make some changes and move on. It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. If I get recalled, I'll get busy doing my job. I've not been impressed by this scam of a "union" but when I show up for a trip I will do so assuming the best. If some guy can't deal with the fact of what "side" I was or am on, that's his(or her's) problem. It's time to put the real issues in front of this group. This BS will have stop sometime, I just hope there is still an airline to go back to. Good luck to all.

Just what jobs have been transferred to the west. As I see it west pilots that were working before the merger and now on the street while UNEMPLOYED east pilot are now working.

The west pilot's are on the street because the WEST flying went away. LAS downsized by 75%, and PHX by 20%. This is why.

What the AWA pilots WANTED to do was find a home on EAST aircraft when WEST flying was cut, at the expense of US Airways pilots.

FlyUnder

Latest resources

Back