• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nicolau Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I said it before and it needs repeating again.

Put up a fence of the West's choosing that will not allow any East pilot to take any seats the West pilots now own. Any duration will do 10 years 15, whatever. Now at the same time allow West pilots to bid East using DOH.

What this results in is no West pilot losing his job to an East pilot, EVER. West pilots capturing East attrition using DOH.

So the question remains who is really trying to take flying?

Awaiting the integrity filled responses.

That sums it up pretty good.

The West is worried that the jobs they have are not worth much and they hope they can slide into the few mainline position the East have left after USAIR got cut in half. Thanks to the min fleet provision the East is all but done cutting.

The staple job 500 active real USAIR pilots took it May of 2005 was a windfall for the West. Dave Odell could hold Capt on the 190 out East or be blockholder on the bus. Instead he his furloughed .

The Saint Nic award would put a furloughed pilot that was hired in 2005 ahead of a E 190 Capt hired in 1988.

M

Are you still trying to argue seniority integration? That's so 2007.
Well, let's see. A federal court just found the East liable of violating DFR. That pretty plainly means the East tried to steal from the West. They didn't succeed.
I hope I didn't make you wait too long.

that sums it up pretty good.

The west is worried that the jobs they have are not worth much and they hope they can slide into the few mainline position the east have left after usair got cut in half. Thanks to the min fleet provision the east is all but done cutting.

The staple job 500 active real usair pilots took it may of 2005 was a windfall for the west. Dave odell could hold capt on the 190 out east or be blockholder on the bus. Instead he his furloughed .

The saint nic award would put a furloughed pilot that was hired in 2005 ahead of a e 190 capt hired in 1988.

M

mcdu......you are burning the tacos again. Please don't think, just put the meat in the shell and forget the airline business.

Thanks to the min fleet provision the East is all but done cutting.
M

Not quite. The E190's don't count in the min fleet count. And guess what, just today US announced that they are looking at "eliminating" all 25 of the 190s. Can't say for sure if it will happen or not, but if it does get ready for A LOT more East furloughs. Rough estimate, several hundred furloughs, clear back to the 88-89 hires again... How many times is enough?????

Put up a fence of the West's choosing that will not allow any East pilot to take any seats the West pilots now own. Any duration will do 10 years 15, whatever. Now at the same time allow West pilots to bid East using DOH.

What this results in is no West pilot losing his job to an East pilot, EVER. West pilots capturing East attrition using DOH.

If you were the arbitrator perhaps that's how it would have gone, however, both sides chose to take it to arbitration and the East got the arbitrator they wanted. Nicolau is an experienced and respected arbitrator, after listening to over 3000 pages of testimony he issued his award, which is the integrated seniority list. The time for negotiating ended the second the award was issued. The east needs to live up to their end of the bargain.

can i just throw in that none of this daytime emmy award winning drama would be going on if we had the security that every other professional has-- the ability to interview for a new position at the same pay level and responsibility as the one we got laid off from.... or more.

When will we as pilots realize that much of the angst in our career is our own doing? don't have all the answers- but i know this kind of bs isn't working.

Managements industry wide have been using seniority against us- playing us against each other for 20+ years. At some point, it's not their fault- since it works.

When will we as pilots realize that much of the angst in our career is our own doing? don't have all the answers- but i know this kind of bs isn't working.
I disagree. The seniority system is harsh but I can think of no better alternative. Merit-based promotion? You think we have a lot management kiss-butts now just imagine.

This integration is a mess only because one side's sense of entitlement got the better of them. If they'd accepted reality the integration could've been completed in 2007 when our company was profitable. One bad batch of apples doesn't mean the whole crop is spoiled.

Latest resources

Back