• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nicolau Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The west pilot's are on the street because the WEST flying went away. LAS downsized by 75%, and PHX by 20%. This is why.

What the AWA pilots WANTED to do was find a home on EAST aircraft when WEST flying was cut, at the expense of US Airways pilots.

FlyUnder
Amen, brother.

After I got bumped back to reserve and noticed that I'm making about 75% of what I was making this time last year I was thinking to myself "those poor East guys. I've gained so much at their expense."

And I can't help but feel sorry for the East guys when I see a dozen of their planes parked at out gates in PHX flying to all of the cities that I used to fly to. I'm thinking that it really sucks for them.

In fact, one of my furloughed buddies was complaining about not having a job anymore and I said "suck it up, man. You've gained so much at the expense of the East pilots. You need to be more thankful for what you got outta those guys."

I'm losing sleep at night because of how bad we screwed the East brothers. What should I do?

T-dub- i can list off 20 blue collar professions that carry their payscale across jobs and it works. Seniority is necessary- but we still need to be able to change companies w/o the catastrophic hit to our finances and lives.

Talk to any other professional in the market- blue to white- and they will immediately react with "well that's dumb...."

great post Flynhi-- the avatar is the only thing that ruins it. well said.

So i'll get off my previous soapbox and ask some genuine questions:

are there any penalties if the east continues on their previous course? What compels them to act and negotiate to implement Nic? Do you get money from USAPA now - b/c there certainly has been a HUGE financial hit to the west b/c of their delays. Has the judge recognized that every day they delay is a win for them and does he have a plan to make you whole?

From what I have read, USAPA is going to appeal, again, this time to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. They will get their a$$es handed to them, again, and they will probably appeal, again, to the Supreme Court which I doubt will hear the case. By the time it's settled, half the fossils at USAir will be rocking their chairs on the front porch collecting their pitiful pensions and the number owed to the Westies will be larger than the GDP of several banana republics. Pathetic all the way around.

By the time it's settled, half the fossils at USAir will be rocking their chairs on the front porch collecting their pitiful pensions and the number owed to the Westies will be larger than the GDP of several banana republics. Pathetic all the way around.

Hopefully, their pensions can be garnished to pay for the damages that will be awarded for the ANGRY FO Club experiment.

I'm sure that the senior retiring Eastwipes will try to skate out of any debts they owe and pawn it off on the "junior" guys out East.

(Donning Flame Resistant Suit and running for the hills)

:pimp:

T-dub- i can list off 20 blue collar professions that carry their payscale across jobs and it works.
That's more of a supply-vs-demand issue. If or when airlines become desperate for pilots they'll come to the unions for relief -- and that'll cost them.
Seniority is necessary- but we still need to be able to change companies w/o the catastrophic hit to our finances and lives.
Sure that would be great but it ain't going to happen. You need to remember why the seniority system we're bound by was set up in the first place. It's a necessary evil to protect us from egregious management. Management certainly hasn't gotten any friendlier thus the seniority system has to stay in place.
Talk to any other professional in the market- blue to white- and they will immediately react with "well that's dumb...."
Ask them how they feel when higher-paid workers get laid off in favor of keeping more lower-paid workers.

From what I have read, USAPA is going to appeal, again, this time to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals...
Let 'em try.

I'll bet right now that the 9th Circuit Court won't even take the case. Why would they? Two credible judges have already ruled against USAPA.

I can't think of any court that would accept the appeal at this point.

Latest resources

Back