• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nicolau Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The west pilot's are on the street because the WEST flying went away. LAS downsized by 75%, and PHX by 20%. This is why.
You have zero credibility. LAS flying has decreased %30.
What the AWA pilots WANTED to do was find a home on EAST aircraft when WEST flying was cut, at the expense of US Airways pilots.
What we wanted was for the furloughs to come from the bottom of the seniority list. What YOU want is to recover your bankruptcy-decimated careers on our backs.

It stings when the law isn't on your side but men of integrity manage to learn and move on. Something to keep in mind.

It stings when the law isn't on your side

Dude,

The USAPA lawyers (and the membership too apparently) are well-versed in Law School Day 1's lesson: When the law is against you, argue the facts. When the facts are against you, argue the law. And when the law AND the facts are against you, lie, lie, lie.

They are going to appeal, again and they are going to get beyotch-slapped, again. The number they will owe the Westies will just keep growing.

And this will not go anything like the AWA thieves think it will. No doubt about it.

FlyUnder

You guys were within days of walking the street. Calling AWA pilots "thieves" is a another joke. Actually, 99.9% of us wanted nothing to do with a company like USAir. We had no choice in the matter. But, Judge Wake has now ruled and the Nic is the list, so get over it and move on to a new contract.

And this will not go anything like the AWA thieves think it will. No doubt about it.

FlyUnder

They're not the thieves, they haven't been found playing outside the rules of fair play by a jury. The thieves are those who refuse to live up to their responsibilities and use an abusive majority to steal the seniority rights of a minority group. Thieves most accurately describes USAPA and the unprincipled mob that supports it.

Luckily we live in a land ruled by law and due process so the seniority theft perpetrated by USAPA will not stand. The Nicolau award will be implemented and the thieves will be required to pay damages to the west pilots they harmed by denying them their rightful seniority.

Last edited:
Funny thing is, the former USAir guys "think" that folks at other airlines side with them. I have found exactly the opposite to be true. I had a former USAIR FO on the jumpseat and we started to talk about it and he started the "i've been at USAir 19 years and am still an FO and am next to a 20XX hire at AWA blah, blah, blah" I let him go for a while and then asked him why it took so long to upgrade at USAir? Was it because of AWA?

I then asked him if it was hard to fly with Captains who gave away SCope, workrules, basically the hope of a career to save their pensions a few years back? Parking hundreds of planes, watching RJ's grow an enormous amount, thats why you are an FO still!Look no further than your USAir, ALPA brothers junior. AWA had nothing to do with your career progression.

Funny thing is, the former USAir guys "think" that folks at other airlines side with them. I have found exactly the opposite to be true. I had a former USAIR FO on the jumpseat and we started to talk about it and he started the "i've been at USAir 19 years and am still an FO and am next to a 20XX hire at AWA blah, blah, blah" I let him go for a while and then asked him why it took so long to upgrade at USAir? Was it because of AWA?

I then asked him if it was hard to fly with Captains who gave away SCope, workrules, basically the hope of a career to save their pensions a few years back? Parking hundreds of planes, watching RJ's grow an enormous amount, thats why you are an FO still!Look no further than your USAir, ALPA brothers junior. AWA had nothing to do with your career progression.

You are right on target......​

Thanks red tail...We argue these points with the East, but they only see things on sighted "OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY".

Glad Judge Wake saw thru their BS and set the NIC etched in stone.

bb

I said it before and it needs repeating again.

Put up a fence of the West's choosing that will not allow any East pilot to take any seats the West pilots now own. Any duration will do 10 years 15, whatever. Now at the same time allow West pilots to bid East using DOH.

What this results in is no West pilot losing his job to an East pilot, EVER. West pilots capturing East attrition using DOH.

So the question remains who is really trying to take flying?

Awaiting the integrity filled responses.

Latest resources

Back