• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nicolau Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i'd be excited about getting my job back....

If you get your job back I'll be jealous... I know most of us are dreading having to go back to the east... I wonder how recalls work if we want to wait and be recalled to the west? Anyone know the procedure to bypass coming back to the POS 190???

By increasing staffing due to increases in vacation and better work rules.

No more FAR mins for the east and hopefully west vacation or better=recalls.

And herein lies the crux of the problem.

These very jobs were STRIPPED from US Airways pilots during the second bankruptcy, which was entered into to make the merger happen. Now the AWA pilots are foaming at the mouth at the prospect of stealing these jobs by virtue of a very lopsided "award". This "award" will TRANSFER all of this jobs directly from US Airways pilots to AWA pilots.

This is fair?

FlyUnder

These very jobs were STRIPPED from US Airways pilots during the second bankruptcy, which was entered into to make the merger happen. Now the AWA pilots are foaming at the mouth at the prospect of stealing these jobs by virtue of a very lopsided "award". This "award" will TRANSFER all of this jobs directly from US Airways pilots to AWA pilots.

This is fair?

FlyUnder

there are soooo many old farts at this place that half will be gone in the next 10 years .... so loosen up your wedgee!

These very jobs were STRIPPED from US Airways pilots during the second bankruptcy, which was entered into to make the merger happen.

US Airways entered its second bankruptcy in September 2004, AWA didn't announce its acquisition of US Airways until May 2005. US Airways didn't enter into BK to merge with AWA, US Airways entered BK because it was a failing carrier.

Now the AWA pilots are foaming at the mouth at the prospect of stealing these jobs by virtue of a very lopsided "award". This "award" will TRANSFER all of this jobs directly from US Airways pilots to AWA pilots.

This is fair?

FlyUnder

Yes it's fair. What's not fair is an abusive majority stealing seniority that is not rightfully theirs, dragging another pilot group into an unprincipled sham of a union and not honoring a final and binding seniority award as previously agreed too. No one is planning on stealing jobs, the jobs have already been stolen by an unprincipled mob, aka USAPA, and those jobs will eventually be returned to the original owners along with fines and assessments of the east pilots to be paid to the west pilots who have suffered harm due to USAPA's failure to fairly represent all members of the bargaining unit.

This is fair?

FlyUnder
HUH???
There's not a single shred of truth in anything you posted. None.

Weird perspective too. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back