New Skywest Jet Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wanagethi said:
skywest had some of the worse pay in the industry in the good times, everyone else negotiated better pay and skywest stayed at the bottom, now in bad times everyone has had to lower the bar to your stinkin rates or lower, flying the 90 for 50 rates is not the same as flying a 75 for 76 rates

Really??!!

Where were you working back in the 1990's?

SkyNation said:
if I fly these planes for the same rate but make more overall than those who have split rates, will people still piss and moan?

if UPS, Delta, and loads of other airlines pay the same for different aircraft, will people still whine and complain?

If SkyWest remains non-union yet matches or betters their Union competition at other regionals in overall QOL, pay, benefits, etc, will people still cling to antiquated notions of how things are supposed to work?

and lastly, if SkyWest has a better rate on the 50 than XYZ airlines, am I supposed to (per the whiney ass tone of this forum) piss, moan, whine, complain, etc. about anyone who makes less than me being a 'sellout' or a 'scab' or 'lowering the bar' or whatever?

let's see, I guess it's yes, yes, yes.........blah blah blah blah

OR, should I keep enjoying working for a company I enjoy, where I make more than my counterpartsat other regionals, where we continue to grow and thrive, seek new opportunities, and lead the market?

please, all wise ones of flightinfo.com, tell me? ;-)

Sure sounds like someone with the initials - N W

If Skywest gets more of our airplanes, we have nobody to blame but ourselves. These were ASA orders that Skywest acquired when they purchased us. This will continue as long as we continue to be unreasonable.

Dave Benjamin said:
Sure sounds like someone with the initials - N W

wrong.

ReverseSensing said:
She's smiling because you just left her. :eek:

Good one. That wasn't the case, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GuppyPuppy said:
Considering that these planes are only going to have 70 seats (for now) these rates aren't as bad as JB's rate on the E190.

GP

It takes 9 years at Skywest to reach 2 year pay at JetBlue on 190. Not sure what you were reading. And, we hate the rates at JetBlue, nobody I know is trying to justify them and say we should be happy. The 190 rate will go up, soon.

cd

Tools are for mechanics so stop calling someone a tool.
As for SkyWest taking ASA planes. Man figure it out already Mesa was going to buy you if it wasn't for SkyWest Inc. You realy want to fly under the Mesa Banner. Imagine getting that Paycheck now and having Mesa Inc. on the top. We(SKW) Pilots didn't take your planes If I had a plane to take It wouldn't be the 900(piece of crap). Oh and one last thing, we are pissed about LAX as your Base. It should have been our Base, We have been waiting for an LAX base for 10 years now and you took it away from us.......Blah, Blah, Blah
Get a (new) Life guys. It's post 9/11 the world is not the same. Till you figure it out the Unions will take you down to China(Japane) town.

SkyNation said:
If SkyWest remains non-union yet matches or betters their Union competition at other regionals in overall QOL, pay, benefits, etc, will people still cling to antiquated notions of how things are supposed to work?

let's see, I guess it's yes, yes, yes.........blah blah blah blah

Well to quote your might leader JA, "I can change the rules at any time".

Still drinking the Kool Aid boy.

Newpilot2b said:
Oh and one last thing, we are pissed about LAX as your Base. It should have been our Base, We have been waiting for an LAX base for 10 years now and you took it away from us....Get a (new) Life guys.
Hey, I'll trade you LA with 2 CRJ200's for what was our senior base and 18 CRJ700/900's.

Your "get a (new) life" comment is really nice. Looking for a job when you were finally holding a decent schedule in the left seat has certainly got to be one of the most pleasant experiences I've had. Hope you don't have the same "opportunity" to get a new life because it pretty much sucks to be looking for work.

Latest resources

Back