• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

~~~^~~~

New SkyWest Jet Announcement

SkyWest Airlines Grows Regional Jet Fleet
Monday July 31, 10:44 am ET

ST. GEORGE, Utah, July 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SkyWest Airlines, a subsidiary of SkyWest Inc. (Nasdaq: SKYW - News), welcomes a fourth aircraft type into their modern fleet of regional aircraft: the 70-passenger, Bombardier manufactured Canadair Regional Jet 900 (CRJ900). The airline is taking its first deliveries of these previously firm ordered aircraft this month. As a result of these new deliveries, SkyWest Airlines will operate all three variants of Bombardier's industry-leading jet.

"This jet represents an expanded role for SkyWest in Salt Lake City," said Ron Reber, SkyWest Airlines President and Chief Operating Officer. "The CRJ900 combines excellent performance and passenger comfort with low operating costs, which is important to us and our mainline partner, Delta Air Lines. This aircraft will allow us to reach further into new markets, giving Delta the flexibility and competitive cost aircraft they need in their Salt Lake hub."
SkyWest Airlines is scheduled to take delivery of six of SkyWest Inc.'s previously firm ordered 17 CRJ900s by the end of 2006. All of these aircraft will fly exclusively under the Delta Connection banner for Delta Air Lines.

Regional jets play an increasingly vital role in the future of the airline industry and in its economic recovery. By offering major airlines the appropriate amount of seating capacity for a market's individual needs, they are cost effective for both the airline and the passenger. Regional jet service links passengers to some of the world's largest airline hubs and beyond.
Designed on the same platform as its sister aircraft, the CRJ200 and CRJ700, the CRJ900 builds on the 700's success through an improved, more flexible two-class passenger cabin. Its spacious cabin allows for ten Business Class seats and 60 Economy seats with 37- and 33-inch pitches, respectively. SkyWest's CRJ900s feature all-leather seating in a comfortable two-by-two configuration; every seat is an aisle or window, with no middle seats. Four crewmembers operate the CRJ900 in-flight, two pilots and two flight attendants.

Founded in 1972, SkyWest's fleet began with two- and nine-passenger aircraft. The airline was forever changed in 1979 with its first 19-passenger Fairchild Metroliner. Even more influential was the addition of the 30-passenger Embraer Brasilia 120 (EMB 120) in 1986, which offered in-flight amenities for the first time in SkyWest's history. In 1994, SkyWest began jet service flying the CRJ200. In addition to the CRJ900s, SkyWest's current fleet consists of 57 CRJ700, 123 CRJ200 and 62 EMB 120 aircraft.
SkyWest was named the Number One On-Time Mainland Airline in the United States by the Department of Transportation for 2003, 2004 and 2005, years in which it served more than 40 million passengers. System-wide, SkyWest has approximately 9,400 employees and serves a total of 132 cities in 36 states and three Canadian provinces with more than 1,600 daily departures. This press release and additional information on SkyWest Airlines can be accessed at www.skywest.com/skywest/ .

------
SkyWest has announced plans to purchase 22 Bombardier CRJ700s. The contract converts 18 existing SkyWest CRJ200 aircraft on backlog, which was assumed by SkyWest as part of the Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA) takeover, plus the addition of four new orders.
SkyWest also retains a firm order for 15 CRJ700 on Bombardier's backlog from a previous transaction.
In addition, the 80 options for CRJ700s already announced were reaffirmed as part of this agreement. The current combined fleets of SkyWest-owned airlines include 229 CRJ200 and 72 CRJ700 aircraft.

alright! more crappy CRJ's, but this time its the stretched version of the previously stretched version. Can bombardier make this aircraft look any more retarded.

3blade said:
alright! more crappy CRJ's, but this time its the stretched version of the previously stretched version. Can bombardier make this aircraft look any more retarded.

Ya, put a Canadian Flag on it!

if I fly these planes for the same rate but make more overall than those who have split rates, will people still piss and moan?

if UPS, Delta, and loads of other airlines pay the same for different aircraft, will people still whine and complain?

If SkyWest remains non-union yet matches or betters their Union competition at other regionals in overall QOL, pay, benefits, etc, will people still cling to antiquated notions of how things are supposed to work?

and lastly, if SkyWest has a better rate on the 50 than XYZ airlines, am I supposed to (per the whiney ass tone of this forum) piss, moan, whine, complain, etc. about anyone who makes less than me being a 'sellout' or a 'scab' or 'lowering the bar' or whatever?

let's see, I guess it's yes, yes, yes.........blah blah blah blah

OR, should I keep enjoying working for a company I enjoy, where I make more than my counterpartsat other regionals, where we continue to grow and thrive, seek new opportunities, and lead the market?

please, all wise ones of flightinfo.com, tell me? ;-)

SkyNation said:
if I fly these planes for the same rate but make more overall than those who have split rates, will people still piss and moan?

if UPS, Delta, and loads of other airlines pay the same for different aircraft, will people still whine and complain?

If SkyWest remains non-union yet matches or betters their Union competition at other regionals in overall QOL, pay, benefits, etc, will people still cling to antiquated notions of how things are supposed to work?

and lastly, if SkyWest has a better rate on the 50 than XYZ airlines, am I supposed to (per the whiney ass tone of this forum) piss, moan, whine, complain, etc. about anyone who makes less than me being a 'sellout' or a 'scab' or 'lowering the bar' or whatever?

let's see, I guess it's yes, yes, yes.........blah blah blah blah

OR, should I keep enjoying working for a company I enjoy, where I make more than my counterpartsat other regionals, where we continue to grow and thrive, seek new opportunities, and lead the market?

please, all wise ones of flightinfo.com, tell me? ;-)

Its all fun and games until someone is picking on.... YOU! LOL

:rolleyes:Skynation....you are an IDIOT!! You talk about these major airlines that pay the same on certain types etc. But what you don't know is that their payrates are for the BIGGER airplane! (ie. 75/76 is paid at the 767 level.) Don't try to justify your "whoring" and then compare it to the Majors. You are comparing apples to oranges. It may be all "peachy" over there now, just wait until JA tells you guys that you make to much and GIVES YOU a pay cut. I know, you will stand back and say "it is for the good of the company!":rolleyes:
What a TOOL!!!!

Yes SkyNation you should keep working for them for less. Until the tables turn and some other pilots from some other airline start getting airplanes that were supposed to go to your airline because they will do it for less pay than you will and then they can "grow and thrive, blah blah blah" Then you can get on flightinfo.com and be the "whiner". Enjoy leading the race to the bottom!

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:Skynation....you are an IDIOT!! You talk about these major airlines that pay the same on certain types etc. But what you don't know is that their payrates are for the BIGGER airplane! (ie. 75/76 is paid at the 767 level.) Don't try to justify your "whoring" and then compare it to the Majors. You are comparing apples to oranges. It may be all "peachy" over there now, just wait until JA tells you guys that you make to much and GIVES YOU a pay cut. I know, you will stand back and say "it is for the good of the company!":rolleyes:
What a TOOL!!!!

Couldn't have said it any better! In a few years it'll be 737's at Skywest for 50-seat rates...yippie!!! When will it ever stop??? Wake up guys your bringing the industry down!

Latest resources

Back