• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Skywest Jet Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody want to post the pay rates for the -900s? Who flies these now, Mesa and Skywest, rumors of PDT? Interesting to compare the payrates of the companies now flying these stretch RJs.

SkyNation said:
if I fly these planes for the same rate but make more overall than those who have split rates, will people still piss and moan?

if UPS, Delta, and loads of other airlines pay the same for different aircraft, will people still whine and complain?

If SkyWest remains non-union yet matches or betters their Union competition at other regionals in overall QOL, pay, benefits, etc, will people still cling to antiquated notions of how things are supposed to work?

and lastly, if SkyWest has a better rate on the 50 than XYZ airlines, am I supposed to (per the whiney ass tone of this forum) piss, moan, whine, complain, etc. about anyone who makes less than me being a 'sellout' or a 'scab' or 'lowering the bar' or whatever?

let's see, I guess it's yes, yes, yes.........blah blah blah blah

OR, should I keep enjoying working for a company I enjoy, where I make more than my counterpartsat other regionals, where we continue to grow and thrive, seek new opportunities, and lead the market?

please, all wise ones of flightinfo.com, tell me? ;-)

And.........if it werent for those evil unions, you wouldnt have the level of pay you now enjoy on the 700-900 that is LOWER (93vs103) than your counterparts-in law at ASA. Do you really think they would pay you this if the other unionized groups didnt exist and you didnt have organization on your property to raise it yourself? They are pandering to you to keep you from having a union.

Tell Brad Holt to blow! Buuuut, if you did that your tenure on SAPA's board of retards would be brought to a premature end.

cushman_500 said:
they weren't our airplanes to begin with, they were sky west incs and were probably never going to come to us
Of the 25 airplanes from the RFP, we were delivered what, 13? Those remaining orders weren't cancelled, just assimilated into SkyWest's.

I know SkyWest pilots have nothing to do with management deciding where airplanes go, but they have to man up and fix the 50-seat pay problem.

It seems like the concept of 70 revenue generating seats is lost on everyone. 70 seats in a 90 seat airframe is still 70 seats. And why arent people all over Mesaba operating ARJ 100 seat airframes for FAR less than Whisky used to. Exactly the same airframe, 30 less seats, $10-15 less per hour (post whisky concessions, even...)

I'd put money on a 5 year skywest guy's W2 being thousands MORE than his 90-seat (not 70 seats in a 90 airframe) counterpart at XYZ airlines, not to mention a FAR superior QOL.

Why cant people see the forest through the trees.

All this (legitimate) anger is misdirected at the Skywest pilot group, from a pilot group currently getting the shaft. Why let them play us aginst each other?

If anyone knows are these the -900 series or are they the new -705 that look like a -900 but only seat like 74 or 75? They say that they will fly them for Delta. Does Delta have a scope on the regional side saying how many seats their regionals can fly? I'm praying they are not the 90 seater planes. I'm still have hope that one day that I can move onto a major.

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:Skynation....you are an IDIOT!! You talk about these major airlines that pay the same on certain types etc. But what you don't know is that their payrates are for the BIGGER airplane! (ie. 75/76 is paid at the 767 level.) Don't try to justify your "whoring" and then compare it to the Majors. You are comparing apples to oranges. It may be all "peachy" over there now, just wait until JA tells you guys that you make to much and GIVES YOU a pay cut. I know, you will stand back and say "it is for the good of the company!":rolleyes:
What a TOOL!!!!
the guy makes more than you, even with lower hourly rates, and has a better QOL working for an airline thats growing....and you think he's the idiot?? umm k!

but hey, you seem really cool name calling.

oh yeah, by the way. if someone pays the same for 75/76, it isn't 76 pay OR 75 pay....its the SAME! and its all about 40% lower than it was a year or so ago.

but hey, you seem really cool name calling.....:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back