• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Jetblue pay raise!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pay is not the only issue. A business plan that calls for sustained profitability is my biggest beef. We can't make money with these redicerous fares and little to no hedges. I would luv to be at a place that eats, sleeps and breathes profits. Our operations are too inefficient to truly rock the quarterly numbers. But then I am on the Junior Varsity team and every bad thing you read about jb is in truth, a lie. We have actually been making billions of dollars in profits every year. We also have 99% on time performance and we fly 110% of our schedule. No babies nor small woodland creatures were ever frozen to the tarmac at jfk. Jfk never has delays or 2 hour taxi times. My stock options are worth millions. The only reason pilots help clean the cabins is to sleep with flight attendants ("of course I'm sensitive baby").

Yes, many are leaving. Rumors (fact): 6 the first week of March, 35 or so the first two months of the year. Last year 50-60 (not getting good numbers from the company).

Reserve numbers suck, RSA calls all the time, the seniority list has been hovering around 1800 for a few months now and we having a hard time filling classes. Thus the open houses so close together. It's turning into a direct hire process: come to the interview and if we like you, the paperwork is in order, then you may start w/i a couple of weeks. If you have a backpack, some goo in your hair and a working knowledge of a Dash 8 or CL-65, then you are just what we are looking for. Have all three? You get to sleep with one of Neeleman's daughters (even the young one's, he's Mormon you know).

On the plus side, senior dudes are leaving too so maybe those upgrades won't be so long. But mostly the attrition is from the junior side to places like luv, purp, brown.

The new pay rates are a good step, the retirement (gulp) was var nice (add a b plan and we have a winner) and from what I hear the new reserve rules will really help life for those soon to be 24 month reserve CA stints. So some positives before we all vote for ALPA. At least we get all this stuff frozen when all(pa) hell breaks loose.

ADD: Sound of violins playing the in background

ADD: Sound of violins playing the in background

Your sarcasm meter is broken as usual. But since you can't take the time to refute the non-sarcastic items in my post, I have devised the following:

Hey, I got a unique proposal for all those interested in jb. Since you can't get the straight skinny here on FI.com (and we all know the jb vs jb similar is getting old) then PM me and I will give you my bluepilots.com user name and password.

You can then check it out for yourself. That's as straight as it's gonna get.

Imagine chumming around with a chai latte and Longhorn in the "Cabin Cleaning" forum, or maybe you'd like to join forces with Lake Alice in the "General - You Are Not Gonna Believe Every Post is About ALPA" thread. A personal favorite is the "190s Suck, When Are We Gonna Send Them Back to Brazil" thread.

Lots of good stuff in there. Any takers?

Your sarcasm meter is broken as usual. But since you can't take the time to refute the non-sarcastic items in my post, I have devised the following:

Hey, I got a unique proposal for all those interested in jb. Since you can't get the straight skinny here on FI.com (and we all know the jb vs jb similar is getting old) then PM me and I will give you my bluepilots.com user name and password.

Imagine chumming around with a chai latte and Longhorn in the "Cabin Cleaning" forum, or maybe you'd like to join forces with Lake Alice in the "General - You Are Not Gonna Believe Every Post is About ALPA" thread. A personal favorite is the "190s Suck, When Are We Gonna Send Them Back to Brazil" thread.

Don't you have to register w/ your employee #? wouldn't be to hard to figure out who a person is?...

PS Your DN daughter thing was a little tasteless IMOA

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the end of the day, it's a pay raise and a benefits package improvement, and that can't be a bad thing in this industry. However it is they got it, it's a good thing and I'm happy for them them. It's a step in the right direction.

This chef can't even cook for his own family, so why should we give him the time of day. Your posts are always tasteless and meaningless. You've never had a good thing to say, so if it's so bad here, why don't you do us all a favor and just leave!!! The 100% of F/Os I fly with here are all geniune class acts, I'm glad I haven't had the pleasure to fly with you because then you'd ruin my streak. If you were my kid I would've spanked you by now for your attitude; but then again, that would've been the first physical contact you've had in years and you might enjoy it...

Don't you have to register w/ your employee #? wouldn't be to hard to figure out who a person is?...

PS Your DN daughter thing was a little tasteless IMOA

God, some of you people are humorless. You telling me you never laugh at or tell an off-color joke? Seriously? I am Catholic, you saying you never laughed at a joke that started with ... "So a Priest walks into a bar with a naked wiener dog under his arm..."

As for my offer, no I am not serious. I guess the elevated life forms on this planet (i.e. non-oxygen thieves) could get the sarcasm in that post. But if you don't think that someone, somewhere is using bluepilots that shouldn't, then you are truly naive. I know of at least two that don't work at jb anymore that still have access, and I wouldn't be surprised if many of the die-hard haters give their stuff out to their buds from time to time.

As for me, I challenge you to find a Bavarian Chef user name on bluepilots.

This chef can't even cook for his own family, so why should we give him the time of day. Your posts are always tasteless and meaningless. You've never had a good thing to say, so if it's so bad here, why don't you do us all a favor and just leave!!! The 100% of F/Os I fly with here are all geniune class acts, I'm glad I haven't had the pleasure to fly with you because then you'd ruin my streak. If you were my kid I would've spanked you by now for your attitude; but then again, that would've been the first physical contact you've had in years and you might enjoy it...

Really? They are ALWAYS tasteless and meaningless? Are you sure? Or are you just prone to hyperbole? Do I ALWAYS have to put the standard disclaimer in my posts:

YES, I like jb. YES, we have great people. YES, we are having operational issues. YES, we are losing people. YES, some people want ALPA. YES, some don't. YES, I wish jb would be a better company. YES, in some ways we have it better than most airlines. YES, we don't get paid enough for our chosen profession. YES, the latest retirement improvements are a good thing. YES, we need to still make headway.

Did you just take your ball and go home?

Imagine chumming around with a chai latte and Longhorn in the "Cabin Cleaning" forum, or maybe you'd like to join forces with Lake Alice in the "General - You Are Not Gonna Believe Every Post is About ALPA" thread.

Hey now, I am not hanging out in the cabin cleaning forum. I am actually trying to enjoy work and life but not spending all my time there, but dam, it is addicting at times....I do enjoy how all the other posts turn into a pro-alpa post. It does not matter what you have to post....with 6 posts it turns into an alpa post. Kinda like 6 degrees of Kevin bacon...I mean alpa. Now, if you buying the coffee from four-bucks..I mean Starbucks then ill join you in any room you want.

btw, I picked up on the sarcasm this time

Last edited:
Hey now, I am not hanging out in the cabin cleaning forum. I am actually trying to enjoy work and life but not spending all my time there, but damm, it is addicting at times....I do enjoy how all the other posts turn into a pro-alpa post. It does not matter what you have to post....with 6 posts it turns into an alpa post. Kinda like 6 degrees of kevin bacon...I mean alpa. Now, if you buying the coffee from four-bucks..I mean starbucks then ill join you in any room you want.

btw, I picked up on the sarcasim this time

FINALLY, someone with a balanced mental state. You must be very mature to not be so sensitive about jb all the time. Any chance you can come back and help out these jetblusers?

Now was that sarcasm or not? Irony or tragedy? Facetious or lascivious?

Occam -- need vocabulary help toot sweet!

Latest resources

Back