• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Jetblue pay raise!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you think this is major pay, and it's where it should be, you're out of your mind. This is a fun place to work, but fun doesn't pay the bills, nor does it fund retirement. And if you really are coming here, make sure you stay on your spouse's insurance if you have one...

See you in Dallas dude!

upset because you're on the 190. me me me me me me.....get over it, you knew the payscale when you were hired, and I'll bet your not worth 20 bucks an hour, so the company is overpaying you. If you don't like it leave.

Can't you just feel the blue love?

FJ

upset because you're on the 190. me me me me me me.....get over it, you knew the payscale when you were hired, and I'll bet your not worth 20 bucks an hour, so the company is overpaying you. If you don't like it leave.

let me guess. you're one of the geniuses who came to fly 320's for 75$ an hour, and now actually think you're worth $120+. How about you knew what you came to work for and forward anything above 75$ back to the company?

Al told us we would be within 2% of Southwest years ago. Hasn't happened.GP

Wow....!

Barger and everyone already APOLOGIZED for that statement.
Was it a lie? Was it a promise?

I don't really see JetBlue paying SWA (35+ years and 400+airplane) wages.
As I don't see us paying FDX, UPS or top tier wages.

Sorry to say...
You're going to have to get past that broken promise and mistake made by Al.

Wow....!

Barger and everyone already APOLOGIZED for that statement.
Was it a lie? Was it a promise?

I don't really see JetBlue paying SWA (35+ years and 400+airplane) wages.
As I don't see us paying FDX, UPS or top tier wages.

Sorry to say...
You're going to have to get past that broken promise and mistake made by Al.

I was gonna say something about that...ya beat me to it.

I'll add this.

JetBlue is only SEVENish years old. 125 or so AC and 1800 pilots give or take. I wouldn't expect us to have a pay scale that close to SWA yet. Gotta be realistic. I totally believe someday in the future...yes. It'll be pretty damn close. We just took a step down that road. But life in the air isn't all about the hourly rate. It's all the other little things that make the difference.

O.K. that's what I thought. Believe me, I'm happy with the 7% jump in retirement savings, but I'm just a little upset with the 190 CA pay.

I'm on your side but technically it was a 233% increase. All we had before was a 3% match. That was increased by 66% to a 5% match. The 5% guaranteed PS equates to another 167% over the original 401K. Granted, 233% of not much still isn't spectacular but all in all it was a nice improvement.

Bob take it easy on the guy. I am not an old school guy BUT I can remember when I was learning to fly the owner of the airport told me about his old days at Pan Am.. The money he was making back then adjusted for inflation today would be approximately $600,000 in the left seat at $350,000 in the right seat.

The guys going from chump to ATP in 6 months at some pilot puppy mill have no concept of the airline industry other then what the recruiters told them.

They start flying for $17 an hour and see a job for $47 on the horizon and they think it will be like winning the lottery to make $55,000 a year.

sad but true....While the jb raise is better than a stick in the eye and things are moving in the right direction, I can't imagine a self respecting airline pilot getting excited over a $10/hr raise.

This coming from some dumbass regional flight attendant! Take a hike troll! This is the majors board Stick to something you know, like coke or diet coke!

Latest resources

Back