• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Jetblue pay raise!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The real winner here is the retirement package. Under the old system, my 401k was getting 6% (3% mine, 3% match). Now its going to get 15% (5% from me, and 10% from the company). A 9% increase in retirement is absolutely the right thing for the pilot group.

The rest of the package is palatable until JetBlue really starts to recover and make money. Then we can do this again and focus more on hourly rates and not so much on the retirement.

Congrats Blue Pilots! You guys deserve it. One thing I felt really needed addressed is the cost of insurance. Hopefully they will fix that too, and give more options.

Now how long before this thread deteriorates into a B6 bashfest? 3.....2....1.....

Last edited:
Didn't know ALPA wasn't a real union?

Ask a former TWA guy that question. Nice work on that one boys!

Sounds like the threat of a union just got you something. Although your raisies are somewhat pathetic it's still something.

Now how about getting a real union on the property???

How does Jetblue's new hire payrates compare to CAL's newhire pay rates?
Do you CAL guys still lack insurance for the first 6 months also?

Bye Bye--General Lee

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so tired of hearing about our first year pay and insurance. I pick up zero trips and will make just over 40 first year including per diem. As far as the insurance goes, if you dont have it through your spouse there are a range of options many of which cost less then the lousy insurance I had at my regional job. If you want to keep looking at just pay rates when every one knows that is a small piece of the picture go ahead but were not really making as bad as you think. It just makes me laugh when a regional pilot which I was for 9 years says he/she cant afford the first year. I say you cant afford not to, when even under our concessionary deal in June the 777/767 ca pay is 195 per hour, how can you sacrafice making twice as much for your last ten plus years to save money one year??? I dont get it.
J.D.
ps this is my friends logon so the quals might not match and please dont pm him with a bunch of comments he works elsewhere.

Without looking at the exact figures the A320 Fo's get the following increases

Year 2 minimal around $1000
Year 3 $6000 Raise
Year 4 $6200
Year 5 $3705
Year 6 $ 3806

These figures are based on an 83 hour line or the Average

Into Year three premium pay over 70 hours is over $100 per hour.

If a guy flies an 93 credit line he could make an additional $12,000 per year or more after a few years.

This is an excellent start would like to see an increase in PTO/Vacation, LTD, and better medical

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so tired of hearing about our first year pay and insurance. I pick up zero trips and will make just over 40 first year including per diem. As far as the insurance goes, if you dont have it through your spouse there are a range of options many of which cost less then the lousy insurance I had at my regional job. If you want to keep looking at just pay rates when every one knows that is a small piece of the picture go ahead but were not really making as bad as you think. It just makes me laugh when a regional pilot which I was for 9 years says he/she cant afford the first year. I say you cant afford not to, when even under our concessionary deal in June the 777/767 ca pay is 195 per hour, how can you sacrafice making twice as much for your last ten plus years to save money one year??? I dont get it.
J.D.
ps this is my friends logon so the quals might not match and please dont pm him with a bunch of comments he works elsewhere.

If you are sooooooo tired about yaer 1 par rates than we shall see what you do about it. otherwise sorry dude you will continue to hear about it.

That's almost as pathetic as the Skywest "raise".

WTF over? all this done without spending a penny on worthless dues!
You just opened your mouth and removed all doubt that you are....

Sounds like the threat of a union just got you something. Although your raisies are somewhat pathetic it's still something.

Now how about getting a real union on the property???

Just as pathetic as the protection that Alpo buys you!
Just ask all those on the streets! The protected scope! the retirements that are untouched! All the great and wonderful things a "real union" can do for you! Oh did I mention the feeding on the young to protect the elders???
Give me a break......:puke:

Latest resources

Back