• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Jetblue pay raise!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A buddy of mine at JB just called and told me they got a raise. Here is the low down:

1. A320 Captain raises-- 5% year 6 and year 12 (not 6 thru 12)

2. E190 FO base rates---more than $10 an hour increase, after $47 first year

3. A320 FO first year rate now equal to E190 to $47 an hour (down from $51)

4. 2nd year pay $57.34 for A320 FO, 3rd year $67.09 an hour, 4th--$72.45
5th--$75.35, year 7-12 2% increase per year

5. E190 Captains-- about $5 an hour increase thru year 12 (max at $101.38)

6. 5% B fund (retirement fund) (matching per month in your own name)
Have to wait until 3rd year to be fully vested, other profit sharing possible

7. 5% 401K match, up from 3%

8. Pilots hired after May 16th will NOT get stock options

9. working on merger and aquistion protections (yeah right!)

10. Increase or improvement on loss of license insurance and disability

All of these are retroactive as of Jan 1st, 2007

Good for you guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Looks pretty sweet. Congrats guys, I am jealous. It's good to see major pay where it should be. I'm excited to get there.

Last edited:
Without looking at the exact figures the A320 Fo's get the following increases

Year 2 minimal around $1000
Year 3 $6000 Raise
Year 4 $6200
Year 5 $3705
Year 6 $ 3806

These figures are based on an 83 hour line or the Average

Into Year three premium pay over 70 hours is over $100 per hour.

If a guy flies an 93 credit line he could make an additional $12,000 per year or more after a few years.

This is an excellent start would like to see an increase in PTO/Vacation, LTD, and better medical

I'll drink to that in fact I'll buy a round for the house! Now somebody tell Miss Verna to pick up the phone and call the donut java man so I can put my money where my mouth is!

:)

Glad mngmnt. is looking out for you guys............

Capt. Z

I'm new to JetBlue but have a sibling who has been here for many years after a furlough from a legacy. Although making less than he made before being furloughed "laid off" from the former company, he truly has been happy and feels that the company, although not perfect is pursuing to keep everyone happy and working for the benefit of all.

Old school legacy thinking is lets make the most money, obviously that didn't help him when he was put in the street. A good friend of mine's father was the CP at SWA, he enjoyed a steady, sane rise in pay and benefits and retired with SWA always staying above water even in the roughest time.

The company has to rethink its strategy because it has grown rapidly and the infrastructure did not keep up. I have seen firsthand that it is a major concern for management to continue to foster the great corporate culture while it grows. I come from an evil Regional that could care less and with all the dues I paid to my union, that did not change my treatment nor the companies thinking. There is no union that can change a companies philosophy, no matter what. If the company wants to treat you like sh!t, they will do so with or without a union. My happy 2 cents!

I'm new to JetBlue but have a sibling who has been here for many years after a furlough from a legacy. Although making less than he made before being furloughed "laid off" from the former company, he truly has been happy and feels that the company, although not perfect is pursuing to keep everyone happy and working for the benefit of all.

Old school legacy thinking is lets make the most money, obviously that didn't help him when he was put in the street. A good friend of mine's father was the CP at SWA, he enjoyed a steady, sane rise in pay and benefits and retired with SWA always staying above water even in the roughest time.

The company has to rethink its strategy because it has grown rapidly and the infrastructure did not keep up. I have seen firsthand that it is a major concern for management to continue to foster the great corporate culture while it grows. I come from an evil Regional that could care less and with all the dues I paid to my union, that did not change my treatment nor the companies thinking. There is no union that can change a companies philosophy, no matter what. If the company wants to treat you like sh!t, they will do so with or without a union. My happy 2 cents!

A fine post. If you can fine something negative about pay raises I feel bad for you.

A buddy of mine at JB just called and told me they got a raise. Here is the low down:

1. A320 Captain raises-- 5% year 6 and year 12 (not 6 thru 12)

2. E190 FO base rates---more than $10 an hour increase, after $47 first year

3. A320 FO first year rate now equal to E190 to $47 an hour (down from $51)

4. 2nd year pay $57.34 for A320 FO, 3rd year $67.09 an hour, 4th--$72.45
5th--$75.35, year 7-12 2% increase per year

5. E190 Captains-- about $5 an hour increase thru year 12 (max at $101.38)

6. 5% B fund (retirement fund) (matching per month in your own name)
Have to wait until 3rd year to be fully vested, other profit sharing possible

7. 5% 401K match, up from 3%

8. Pilots hired after May 16th will NOT get stock options

9. working on merger and aquistion protections (yeah right!)

10. Increase or improvement on loss of license insurance and disability

All of these are retroactive as of Jan 1st, 2007

Good for you guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee

#2 above is NOT correct. There is no changes from the previous 190FO raises of $47 at year 1. The scale goes up like 3%/yr.

Also someone was asking about pay for 320 FOs. Anyone hired on the 320 on or after May 19,2007 will make $47. Also, all pilots hired after that date will not receive stock options.

A fine post. If you can fine something negative about pay raises I feel bad for you.
Let's be honest. The raises only affect those that are either quitting or are going to bid equipment that will cost the company.
Very carefully calculated, I admit.
Plus. Kinda reminds me of the the old, B scale strategy.
Huh? Won't affect YOU! That's for NEW hires!

Latest resources

Back