• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Emirates order....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't you list the pay rates of the non pilot employees? Is it true that dispatchers are paid $180 per month? You do have a low cost competitive advantage, but I wan't the details from the horses mouth. Anybody can expand and grow in your environment. Lets see......Low cost labor, cheap capital loans, maybe even cheaper fuel?

Dalad,

We are not saying that we are not taking advantage of lower labor costs. It's not my fault that the labor demand/supply curve are at lower multiples here than there.

Corporate America takes full advantage of that. Do you think iPads are made in Seattle? Our freighters are full of high end American electronics and fashion goods coming out of China & Bangladesh.

But that's okay because it doesn't involve DAL? I mean do you not see the trend here? The hypocrisy.

The reason the Gulf3 are changing global aviation is simply GEOGRAPHIC.
We are in the middle of the great trade routes of the world whereby everyone can connect with one stop. That's just not an advantage the US enjoys. I wish it were - truly I do. But reality is reality.

AA's mgt were quick to figure it out. I personally think that will have serious long term consequences for EK. It's fundamentally a great tie -up. (QR just announced MIA -huge LATAM feed) The Majors just cannot cover this part of the world like we do and we cannot cover the worlds largest market in $ terms - the US.

I believe Etihad will probably end up with DAL at which point UA will have tough choices to make.

Both DAL & UA mgt have strongly voiced their misgivings but don't think there is no conversation going on in both boardrooms "But what if they go with EK? Where are we left?"

EK is the golden goose for either & either would be golden for EK - first mover wins.

Because believe you me - the institutional shareholders of the one left behind are going to ask the CEO "why the f*** didn't we do that?"

fv

Last edited:
Why don't you list the pay rates of the non pilot employees? Is it true that dispatchers are paid $180 per month? You do have a low cost competitive advantage, but I wan't the details from the horses mouth. Anybody can expand and grow in your environment. Lets see......Low cost labor, cheap capital loans, maybe even cheaper fuel?

Dispatchers no

But the low skill ground handlers take home about $200-300/month. Free food, free house, free transportation, no expenses. All that money goes home to pakistan and india. Considering the bottom 50% of the world population lives on a dollar a day, its a good deal.

Looks horrible from an American perspective, but how many American are able save $300/month?

So what to do??? tell Emirates they can't buy American Boeing 777's until they pay their unskilled laborers the same as Delta does in Atlanta?

Ask Delta what they pay their ground staff in Dakar or Lagos? I would guess its lower than what Emirates pays ground staff in Dubai.

Last edited:
Dalad,

We are not saying that we are not taking advantage of lower labor costs. It's not my fault that the labor demand/supply curve are at lower multiples here than there.

Corporate America takes full advantage of that. Do you think iPads are made in Seattle? Our freighters are full of high end American electronics and fashion goods coming out of China & Bangladesh.

But that's okay because it doesn't involve DAL? I mean do you not see the trend here? The hypocrisy.

The reason the Gulf3 are changing global aviation is simply GEOGRAPHIC.
We are in the middle of the great trade routes of the world whereby everyone can connect with one stop. That's just not an advantage the US enjoys. I wish it were - truly I do. But reality is reality.

AA's mgt were quick to figure it out. I personally think that will have serious long term consequences for EK. It's fundamentally a great tie -up. (QR just announced MIA -huge LATAM feed) The Majors just cannot cover this part of the world like we do and we cannot cover the worlds largest market in $ terms - the US.

I believe Etihad will probably end up with DAL at which point UA will have tough choices to make.

Both DAL & UA mgt have strongly voiced their misgivings but don't think there is no conversation going on in both boardrooms "But what if they go with EK? Where are we left?"

EK is the golden goose for either & either would be golden for EK - first mover wins.

Because believe you me - the institutional shareholders of the one left behind are going to ask the CEO "why the f*** didn't we do that?"

fv

I've said this a million times. The first major to strike a deal with Emirates will win.

Sniper/General Lee, ever read the book, "Who moved my cheese?"

The only thing you can bet on in aviation is change.

Good to see that the ME has improved its treatment of unskilled labor since the last time I was there. http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2013/05/201352375248751541.html

Hopefully the Gulf3 will take over all of the world's flying so all airline pilots will have the opportunity to live in the ME. Every airline pilot deserves to live in Jahannam on earth. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dubai-hell-tortured-thrown-jail-2122678

Andy,

Totally agree. Indefensible & disgraceful.
As was invading Iraq.

Still, it's a lot better in the UAE than Saudi & Qatar.
Deltas code share - Saudia
AA's - Qatar.

Way to stay principled

fv

Last edited:
Andy,

Totally agree. Indefensible & disgraceful.
As was invading Iraq.

Still, it's a lot better in the UAE than Saudi & Qatar.
Deltas code share - Saudia
AA's - Qatar.

Way to stay principled

fv

Which time invading Iraq was indefensible? Gulf War I, when they invaded Kuwait and Bush Jr had too many female parts to finish the job? Gulf War II, where Saddam, his family, and his henchmen still used woodchippers (among other forms of torture) on prisoners?
Spare me the sanctimonious BS; Saddam ruled through brutality. The only difference between the rest of the ME rulers is shades of grey. I dare you to kiss your wife in public in Dubai.

I've been to Saudi, Qatar, UAE. I saw very little difference in the treatment of TCNs in Qatar and the UAE. By the way, you're also a TCN - just paid more than the unskilled labor that work there.

You guys can choose to ignore the inhuman treatment of unskilled labor in the UAE as many have done here. Or you can say that they've got it better in the UAE than back home. Whatever. I've visited some of the 'free housing' that's given to these people in Qatar and the UAE. Dogs are treated better in the US.

Enjoy Jahannam.

The second one Sherlock. The UAE were fighting beside us in the first.

No one chooses to ignore the inhuman treatment of workers. That's not what this thread is about but seems to be the only subject you and others bring up.

If you want to go there...then tell DAL & AAs mgt to call off Saudia & Qatar code shares and stop buying Apple products.

As to torture...Saddam was a psycho we know...but let's not throw stones .

fv

The second one Sherlock. The UAE were fighting beside us in the first.

No one chooses to ignore the inhuman treatment of workers. That's not what this thread is about but seems to be the only subject you and others bring up.

If you want to go there...then tell DAL & AAs mgt to call off Saudia & Qatar code shares and stop buying Apple products.

As to torture...Saddam was a psycho we know...but let's not throw stones .

fv

Don't forget the rape victims who are themselves jailed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back