• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Emirates order....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for biting on the Airbus point - thought it would take longer.

A foreign company through free market principles, Airbus, investing in American jobs is great for the US because DAL are involved.

That's exactly what EK is doing with Boeing BUT because DAL are NOT involved - it's bad for American jobs.

Hmmm

fv

Thanks for biting on the Airbus point - thought it would take longer.

A foreign company through free market principles, Airbus, investing in American jobs is great for the US because DAL are involved.

That's exactly what EK is doing with Boeing BUT because DAL are NOT involved - it's bad for American jobs.

Hmmm

fv

Boeing wants your order, but doesn't need it. Your order helps, but there are more American Airline jobs than Boeing jobs. Regardless, your airline ordering planes doesn't mean you should or will get preferential treatment getting airport gates or slots. You can go use those new 777Xs to Dar Es Salam, that's fine with everyone. Most Governments don't want you to compete with local airlines, it hurts the locals, and most of the locals vote for the Leaders. So, the State of Washington (people at Boeing Field, Renton, and Paine Field especially) really like you. The rest, not so much. Same with most industrialized nations, like China and Japan. They won't just let you in to do what you want. Italy is a special case, they are falling apart and want someone to take over Alitalia within the EU, and AF/KL are balking.

So, thanks for walking right into that point. I hope you understand it now. So, what was your profit sharing % last year?

Bye Bye--- General Lee

So what was your LHS time & pay last year?

:)

fv

I probably beat yours with my RHS. Over $180K including profit sharing, not including the $20K that the company put in my DC fund. Being senior in category allows me to get double pay trips on my days off if I want them. Plus, I don't have to live in the ME. Priceless. How did you do, including profit sharing, while living in the ME? ;)

P.S.-----you couldn't pay me enough to live in the ME. Even paid for apartment in a big building in DXB isn't worth it. LHS seems worth it to you, even having to live away from the US. Not me. I enjoy living at HOME. Which would you take? A LHS on an Air China 777 in PEK, or a RHS on an AA 319 in DFW? Exactly.....btw, TP's quote is at the bottom for you to look at again, and again, and again....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
And once again you go juvenile.

Nope, you didn't beat me.. But I won't go down that road here. We are after all professional pilots.

You see I, nor my fellow EK'ers are on here telling you how my choice was right and yours was wrong but you have an obsession with putting your lot in life onto a cookey cutter sentence of perfection. You continue to thread drift to telling all and sundry you have the best life and others don't.

But here's the thing...I have no idea about your life - so I don't judge it. But you know about mine - and you continually judge it.

You go through these stages of nuttiness that just makes you look like a teenager.

I mean one minute we are debating about US jobs and factories in Alabama (which is great) and next thing its the old 'Lubbock overnight' etc schtick.

Dude - I'm happy if other pilots are happy, yourself included.

Just pay the rest of us the same courtesy.

fv

poor Gen Lee is not happy because he will never be a wide body capt, maybe he even failed his narrow body upgrade...a serious inferiority complex, as in First Officer Lee's case, doesn't come naturally without any previous negative experience.

And once again you go juvenile.

Nope, you didn't beat me.. But I won't go down that road here. We are after all professional pilots.

You see I, nor my fellow EK'ers are on here telling you how my choice was right and yours was wrong but you have an obsession with putting your lot in life onto a cookey cutter sentence of perfection. You continue to thread drift to telling all and sundry you have the best life and others don't.

But here's the thing...I have no idea about your life - so I don't judge it. But you know about mine - and you continually judge it.

You go through these stages of nuttiness that just makes you look like a teenager.

I mean one minute we are debating about US jobs and factories in Alabama (which is great) and next thing its the old 'Lubbock overnight' etc schtick.

Dude - I'm happy if other pilots are happy, yourself included.

Just pay the rest of us the same courtesy.

fv

That's fine. I already read plenty of info about the Gulf Carriers on PPRUNE. I hope you like EK, but even though some get LHS in a widebody sooner, some like TP decide to bail out. That is very telling. But, if you enjoy it, fantastic. BTW, bragging about World domination can make people defensive. Have a great one.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back