• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Emirates order....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No one chooses to ignore the inhuman treatment of workers. That's not what this thread is about but seems to be the only subject you and others bring up.

You and your buddies turned this thread into one where Emirates will have total world domination of the skies. And yes, you and others are singing a song where inhuman treatment of workers is less in the UAE than other ME countries - that is utter BS; you and your buds just choose to turn a blind eye to it as long as your masters don't turn their attention to you.

Enjoy Jahannam.

You and your buddies turned this thread into one where Emirates will have total world domination of the skies. And yes, you and others are singing a song where inhuman treatment of workers is less in the UAE than other ME countries - that is utter BS; you and your buds just choose to turn a blind eye to it as long as your masters don't turn their attention to you.

Enjoy Jahannam.

Quote the post where we talk about world domination. The only defense you guys engage in - is the human rights & American jobs tack. But when you peel that onion back - your company's partner is Saudia and you buy French airplanes. Hypocrisy again.

Standing by for quote.

fv

Indeed. I seem to remember being told that JetAirways was going to take over the world. Or at least my [US] job.

Tim Clark, the CEO of Emirates has said that if Air India/Jet Airways etc got their ******************** together they would put Emirates out of business overnight.

Quote the post where we talk about world domination. The only defense you guys engage in - is the human rights & American jobs tack. But when you peel that onion back - your company's partner is Saudia and you buy French airplanes. Hypocrisy again.

Standing by for quote.

fv

I started on page 1. It took me all the way to post #3, Einstein:

The only way to survive is to join them. JetBlue, Alaska and most recently Virgin America have all inked deals with Emirates for US domestic.

Not screwed, but in 10 years most of the widebody flying by "brand name majors" will be disappearing.

Its eerie to be sitting in Dubai on an Emirates 380 bound for JFK and hear a sultry female russian accent say, "welcome to this Emirates flight 203 in association with JetBlue"

Did you lose 60 IQ points since leaving the US or were you always Simple Jack? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-n_zk7e0ZU

Andy,

I don't think any pilot working for EK ignores the treatment of the laborers in the UAE, Qatar, etc. It's a travesty and is a regular topic of conversation on the flight deck. I took a job here so I guess you could call me a hypocrite, mercenary, whichever.

But would going back to fly in the US make me a righteous world citizen? The US is built on slave labor. I'm not talking about the old days of actual slavery. How many kids suffered to make the clothes you wear every day? Do you have any idea of the conditions for garment workers in Bangladesh, India, and China? Do you use any Apple, HP, Nokia products? So many workers have committed suicide at the chinese plants manufacturing these goods that management at one production facility decided to install a safety net around the building.

16% of the USA population including 20% of total children live in poverty. Over 1 million US children are homeless. There are more Americans on food stamps (47 million) than there are people in Spain. I won't even bother going into the healthcare debate. How many innocent civilians of Pakistan and Yemen have been taken out by drone strikes? Are we at war with Pakistan or Yemen?

Sure there are many problems in the Middle East. Workers are taken advantage of on a regular basis. But EK pilots aren't the only ones turning a blind eye to what is going on in their country of employment. Once you start buying locally made clothes, electronics, and food then you can claim the higher ground Andy. Until then you are no better than any American who chooses to work in the Middle East.

I think the major lesson is that unchecked capitalism leaves a trail of human misery.

You won't find any American pilots at EK who think we are better than DAL, UAL, brand xyz pilots. I've flown with many ex NWA, USAir, AA, UAL, DAL, and others. Some want to go back others want to stay.

The Americans working here have weighed the pros and cons and decided that for now working in Dubai provides them a better opportunity than back home. Maybe they are wrong, who knows? Who gives a sh#t? It would be nice if pilots worldwide worked together to make the profession better for all instead of bickering about who has it better. My $.02

Enjoy Jahannam.

you and your buddies turn this thread into 100% hypocrisy and half truths. All I do is correct Sniper/General Lee's vast misconceptions and exaggerations.

If you were to create an image of living in Dubai from you and your buddies, I would paint a picture of overcrowded jails and mass gang-rapes with no consequences. However, my first hand experience is that Dubai is the safest city I have ever lived in. A first hand experience that General Lee et al, do not have.

back on topic..

Instead of getting insulted by my comments, take them as warnings. Delta/United cannot compete against the Emirates product and never will. So be offended by that absolute truth.

There is a major shift in power in global aviation. One World, Skyteam and Star alliance are crumbling. New alliances are being formed, (ie. Emirates/Qantas/Jet Blue/Virgin America/Alaska)

Last edited:
Delta/United cannot compete against the Emirates product and never will. )

They never will, because they don't seem to want to. Or, more correctly, they're not willing to do what it takes to compete.

They never will, because they don't seem to want to. Or, more correctly, they're not willing to do what it takes to compete.

Ike,

Age discrimination for certain jobs is illegal. Welcome to America. You can try to offer "early out retirements" and sweetin the pot a bit, but nobody has to take it. Also, when was the last time you have flown on Business Class (Elite) on DL on an INTL flight? I think you'd be surprised. It has improved a lot. Don't put it down if you haven't experienced it. It's probably a lot better than on your E175.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back