• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Strike Vote Fails

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Owners at this level do not raise eyebrows over this, they go elsewhere, they do something else. Name any who actually need Netjets. The bigger impact would be on the card holders.

publishers agreed.

Who has the time to deal with this stuff? Do the pilots think the owners are going to "rescue them?"

I am afraid that this leadership is leading many of the less experience line folks down the primrose path.

6s? Even the verbage on the union web site has changed from 6 figure salary to significant increase in salary-

So exactly what is a signifant increase in salary? 10% 20% 30%-

Who has the time to deal with this stuff? Do the pilots think the owners are going to "rescue them?"

We don't expect the owners to rescue us, we expect the Mgt to understand that as they cheapen the Brand and lose market share it will be 'their' jobs Omaha will come looking for and do something to prevent the further decline of the company. One thing they can do is settle the labor problems that have festered for 4 years. If Mgt continues on this path we can all start looking for jobs, soon.
I'd venture that had the time, money and energy spent on stonewalling the Union, had been spent on improving operations we would all be happier now. But, here we are having to listen to another company hack spew his take on, the thing or a thing, god almightly you can't really be paying people to write that stuff, I hope it's just an intern from Gahanna High. No offense to Gahanna High.

I am afraid that this leadership is leading many of the less experience line folks down the primrose path.

I agree with this statement, Mr B and his crew are indeed leading you all down the primrose path.

Last edited:
402 got it wrong

FAcFriend said:
publishers agreed.
FAcFriend said:

6s? Even the verbage on the union web site has changed from 6 figure salary to significant increase in salary-

So exactly what is a significant increase in salary? 10% 20% 30%-

X402 You once again have missed the point. What FAcFriend was saying is the he believes that the MEC UNION Leadership is leading many of the less experience line folks down the primrose path.

It is good that the UNION Leadership is starting to "get it." and move forward to we can get out of abeyance. I heard that they have agreed to have the accountants look at the books so we can move forward. As for "time, money and energy spent on stonewalling the Union, " it doesn't appear that any stonewalling has been going on. Just negotiating from their point of view. What has been a "Stonewall?" I believe that the MEC UNION Leadership "Stonewalled" when they refused to look at the books and we ended up in abeyance.

Last edited:
DukeofDub said:

I believe that the MEC UNION Leadership "Stonewalled" when they refused to look at the books and we ended up in abeyance.

They did look at the books. They wanted to look at more books...that is where the impasse is.

X402 You once again have missed the point. What FAcFriend was saying is the he believes that the MEC UNION Leadership is leading many of the less experience line folks down the primrose path.

No, I got his pathetic point, and yours. Hope you're not one of our X pilots.

Hogprint said:
They did look at the books. They wanted to look at more books...that is where the impasse is.

And here we go again.

Gosh what are we going to talk about when this is settled. We are in a circle now.

Books do not matter. Pilot salaries come from management fees according to BB. If that is the case I do not care about anything else.

Its like a word problem.

Given: Bill has 3 houses. He sold one last year and this year he will buy 6, and sell 1 other. Frank has 4 houses and Jack has 7.

How much is 2 plus 2?

Who gives a hoot about all the extraneous information. I do not need to know it to answer the question.

The only relevant question is ... What must management fees be in order to pay Pilots per NBAA standards?

Its like Fuel Charges. Do I need to look at all the books to determine what to charge Owners for fuel? No. I only need to look at Fuel Costs.

Likewise when determining management fees we only need to look at the cost of items that are covered by management fees. Pilot costs are part of the items covered by management fees.

Last edited:
El Chupacabra said:
Books do not matter. Pilot salaries come from management fees according to BB. If that is the case I do not care about anything else.

The only relevant question is ... What must management fees be in order to pay Pilots per NBAA standards?

Likewise when determining management fees we only need to look at the cost of items that are covered by management fees. Pilot costs are part of the items covered by management fees.

So do you intend to raise management fees? You must look at all the costs associated with management fees as they are the major source of income. Therfore the intelligent thing to do is to look at all the books and understand the cost of all aspects and all income streams. If you just look at management fees you would lose 30% of the potential income to the Company.

Latest resources

Back