NetJets Strike Vote Fails

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
Anybody have a good chuckle that the people that "know the most" aren't even guys on the line? They are people that work upstairs or have no dog in this fight and just like to watch from the sidelines.

I find it amusing that people with no input on what myself or local 1108 do are the loudest voices.

It's all a bunch of white noise.

Exactly! And when this is all over, they will disappear as quickly as they mysteriously appeared. White noise, with the side benefit that their pilot/union bashing convinces many "fence sitters" to join the pilot's cause. They fail to see that the pilot elected leadership is acting at the direction of 89% of the pilots. Therefore, when they try to discredit out leadership, they are in fact discrediting us, and are driving the middle-of-the-roaders away from management's position.
So, although the white noise if slightly annoying, it is having some benefit to our cause.

dsptchrNJA said:
You can play the blame game all year long... if you believe the company has bargained in bad faith it makes no difference to the NMB - they are the ones that have to be convinced.

Not playing a blame game dsptchr, just stating facts.

The NMB put us into abeyance. Do you know why?

Slightly annoying, full of useless information, ranting on about something they know nothing about, wishing they had our office view.

That's CMHTroll and his friends.

He doesn't care why, nor the facts of anything. He just gets on here to post the company spin.

I see CMHTroll decided to shut his trap about J. He knows he crossed the line real quick and got his a$$ beat real quick.

Keep on trolling loser.

Diesel said:
I see CMHTroll decided to shut his trap about J. He knows he crossed the line real quick and got his a$$ beat real quick.

Keep on trolling loser.

Diesel you are so amusing. Time will tell about the facts. I know my facts and ahve verified them. The people you are getting your facts from are constantly changing their story. Your MEC. And since you are always asking what day it is, we can send you a calendar if you like but today is the 23rd. The day many will sign up for a future of dissapointment.

Hogprint said:
Not playing a blame game dsptchr, just stating facts.

The NMB put us into abeyance. Do you know why?

Hoggy, of course, the NMB didnt not release the "whys" of abeyance. (to the best of my knowledge)

However in the past, I have heard explained the general prinicples of their decisions as follows,

1- If the NMB thinks the company is being oppressive, bargaining in bad faith, surface bargaining, not being fair etc. They will immediately release the union for self help. They will not allow the company to punish the union without allowing the union to strike or seek other measures.

2- IF the NMB thinks the union is not bargaining in good faith, is not being fair, etc. the NMB will not make the company suffer through a strike. They will put a union in abayance for as long as it takes for them to be reasonable. (I heard one company, UPS or someone has been in deep freeze for 5 years, though I have not verified this).

I would imagine if the NMB put negotiations in abeyance, and the company changes their mind and would like the union to be released for self help (which also releases the company from the union) then they could request an end to abeyance and hire new pilots.

Hoggy why do you think you are in abeyance?

Last edited:
FacFriend,

I agree that is the textbook answer for an abeyance. I have heard two stories about why we were given an abeyance. Neither of them fit the textbook definition.

Sadly I can't divulge them on this board, but in due time hopefully we can discuss the finer points of this. :)

CMHTroll said:
Diesel you are so amusing. Time will tell about the facts. I know my facts and ahve verified them. The people you are getting your facts from are constantly changing their story. Your MEC. And since you are always asking what day it is, we can send you a calendar if you like but today is the 23rd. The day many will sign up for a future of dissapointment.

The only future of dissapointment would be one brought on by rolling over and playing dead for the Company!

CMHtroll- I know the facts probably better than anyone else out there. You can still run your mouth all you want but eventually it takes a man to back it up. The union pilots know where J's case is and that's all that matters. I don't give a sh!td!ck (o&a reference) about what you think or where you think we might be heading.

Nobody cares about you. Accept the fact.

Keep running your mouth and accept the pain.

Latest resources

Back