NetJets Strike Deadline??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FAcFriend said:
By the way the title of this thread is "NET JETS strike deadline." Has anyone heard the results of the vote? Has it happened? Postponed? Has the union decided NOT to take a strike vote since they have been put in deep freeze?
Just curious, why would you care? Scratching for a little info? Pass this on to your bosses, IT'S A SECRET! Try and guess what is next.

ce750drvr said:
100LL... Again! said:
I've never met a doctor or lawyer who would respond in such a puerile fashion, so thanks for proving my point.:)

Ok. I was going to give you the benefit, but you had to open you mouth and spill out rubbish. Have you ever worked for an attorney or a doctor? My guess is no. My mother is a nurse and my sister a paralegal. Around clients, no they would not "respond in such a puerile fashion". But, around the water cooler so-to-say, as we are, they are as vulgar as anyone. So your point was not proven.
I believe that you were at "check", I call "checkmate".

I have worked with plenty of attorneys and physicians.

And all of them are classier than you. You really put the profession in the blue-collar realm. Jusu cussin' away and spouting your silly little union-think.

No wonder management usually gets the upper hand.

And no, you were never going to "give me the benefit".

Please.

Semore Butts said:
Your opinion is welcomed, I can say that because I've payed for your right to have it.

It does bother me that someone that presents themselves as very educated would comment as an expert on an organization they really know nothing about.

Respectfully, "If ya aint in it, ya won't get it".

Are you done with that "Holier than Thou" attitude?

Dont make the mistake of assuming you and the other pilots are the only people that have paid for people to have the right to free speech. There are hundreds of non-pilots inside NetJets that have served their country and paid the price....

Respectfully, We are here 'in it' and we dont 'get it'.

100LL... Again! said:
ce750drvr said:
I have worked with plenty of attorneys and physicians.

And all of them are classier than you. You really put the profession in the blue-collar realm. Jusu cussin' away and spouting your silly little union-think.

No wonder management usually gets the upper hand.

And no, you were never going to "give me the benefit".

Please.

Class huh? You are just the model child for class.:rolleyes:
Excuse me while I bow down to thee.:rolleyes:
I spouted no "silly little union-think":rolleyes:
I put the profession in the blue-collar realm?:rolleyes:

You worked with attorneys? Being invovled in a law suit doesn't constitute "working" with them.:rolleyes:
You worked with physicians? Having your head surgically removed from you ass doesn't constitute "working" with them.:rolleyes:

Management gets the upper hand because they are management.:rolleyes:
Like atty's and dr.'s, I am white collar and a professional at work, but like some of those atty's and dr's, you bet your ass I'm blue collar when I'm off work and at home. I worked hard physical labor to help pay my way through college. Keep drinking your 100LL.

Oh, by the way, both my attorney and my doctor told me to tell you to go to hell. They bet 100 bucks each that I could kick your ass.

100LL... Again! said:
Now think carefully before responding: I am not saying that there are not many pilots who are as dedicated to their profession as a doctor. I said that flying does not REQUIRE that level of dedication. This should be obvious from the fact that you can put a 500 hour know-nothing in the right seat of an RJ.

Where is the equivalent example in medecine or law? There isn't one.
If we ran our profession the same way as the doctors or lawyers do, all airline pilots would need several thousand hours, an ATP, and have to pass a board-type exam before acting as SIC on a Beech 1900.

You might point out that many of the better employers require the experience that I have just stated, and you would be right. However, we have lots of places where eager low-timers can fill up a logbook quickly and then become a low-wage threat to more qualifies, more deserving pilots.

There exists no similar threat in the medical profession. Why?

Because between the government and the barriers created by the medical profession, you have to jump through a lot of hoops before you get to first practice medecine.

You can become an FO in about a year if you have the $$$.

And THAT is our problem.

Truer words have never been spoken... It is too easy to become an airline pilot, which is why airline pilots are paid what they are...

It is basic Econ 101, supply and demand. Everything else is just noise and details...

Just curious, why would you care? Scratching for a little info? Pass this on to your bosses, IT'S A SECRET! Try and guess what is next.

No, because a few weeks ago, the group was talking about WOW, our strike vote will put mngt onthe run...and now..poof..no strike vote -

or no strike vote results...

Could it be that a loud minority is talking for a quiet majority?

i've got my money on a loud minority.

how long has it been? 3+ years.

Maybe time for the quiet majority to speak up.

Even if it is 100% in favor, it matters little because the union cannot strike without permision from the NMB. For them to do that they have to find the company in fault for not bargaining in good faith. Hasn't happened. Probably won't.

Latest resources

Back