Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
When is the proposed deadline for NetJets to strike????

Hey man, they haven't even been released from mediation to start the 30-day cooling off period.

IF there is a stike I can't see it occuring before August or September.

We will know this week. It is in the NMBs' hands and one of three things will happen over the next few days:

1) An offer of arbitration which both sides will reject and that will start the 30 day cooling off period (June 25th or so strike date)

2) Assigned more mediated sessions (for how long and how many nobody know, but we have been in mediation for over 18months)

3) Recess, status quo, no strike no changes for whatever period of time after which the NMB will go back to step one, where we are this week and choose one of the 3 options again.

....and don't forget that at the end of the 30 days of "cooling off" a strike is POSSIBLE!!!!!! NOT A 100% CERTAINTY.

The company can also lock us out if they choose. Just because we vote for a strike doesn't mean its going to happen.

is there any reason any union would accept binding arbitration?, especially after what happened at Alaska

Not ours....you can count on that. The only reason Alaska did is becasue it was in their contract...you can bet that clause will be gone next time.

Sounds about right

El Chupacabra said:
How about Christmas so I can get it off this year?

By the time the Union finishes what they have to do, plus another few rounds of bargaining, plus another mediator session and then a deep freeze for a year because the union will still be bargaining in bad faith, Christmas of 2006 sounds about right.

Now if you can just get Darth Owens to leave the dark side and see the light, and bargain in good faith, then maybe something will happen before then. Otherwise, just chat on this board and wath the time fly. Oh yeah, send some more money to the union, they need to buy a few more billboards.

Oh my, how funny you are! "Darth Owens"!!! Man - that had me on the floor laughing! I am still wiping my tears - oh oh. Got to stop - man that was good!

And the Union negotiating in bad faith - oh, man you have a nack for sarcasam!

You see, for all of you that don't have all the facts, NetJets took the Tenative Agreement from last November (voted down by 82%) then SUBTRACTED $34,000,000 per year (yes, $34M! or about $15,500/yr per pilot) - and now they wonder WHY we aren't very happy.

Oh yes folks - that Darn UNION! Oh, no I can't type - I can't stop laughing! Oh, here's one - those pilots are GREEDY! $27,200 is just too much money for any pilot! How DARE they ask for more? The, uh, yes, the ECONOMY is bad even though we are selling more aircraft and growing faster than all the Fractionals COMBINED - the ECONOMY is bad. We can't afford any raises . . . except for Management.

Here's one for ya: Wait until we get serious. The laughing will stop. Hope you enjoy your job, cause if the company cannot be up front and take care of the pilots with a living wage and good working conditions - then they don't deserve to exist as a company. Then all the jobs go away. The pilots can find work elsewhere, most are actually smart and very skilled at what they do.

Latest resources

Back