• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Strike Deadline??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only the ones with a Union. That is, only NetJets Aviation Inc. We have been Teamsters for over 20 years - more unified than ever right now. Makes the union at ComAir look like a joke.

Schrode said:
Oh my, how funny you are! "Darth Owens"!!! Man - that had me on the floor laughing! I am still wiping my tears - oh oh. Got to stop - man that was good!

And the Union negotiating in bad faith - oh, man you have a nack for sarcasam!

You see, for all of you that don't have all the facts, NetJets took the Tenative Agreement from last November (voted down by 82%) then SUBTRACTED $34,000,000 per year (yes, $34M! or about $15,500/yr per pilot) - and now they wonder WHY we aren't very happy.

Oh yes folks - that Darn UNION! Oh, no I can't type - I can't stop laughing! Oh, here's one - those pilots are GREEDY! $27,200 is just too much money for any pilot! How DARE they ask for more? The, uh, yes, the ECONOMY is bad even though we are selling more aircraft and growing faster than all the Fractionals COMBINED - the ECONOMY is bad. We can't afford any raises . . . except for Management.

Here's one for ya: Wait until we get serious. The laughing will stop. Hope you enjoy your job, cause if the company cannot be up front and take care of the pilots with a living wage and good working conditions - then they don't deserve to exist as a company. Then all the jobs go away. The pilots can find work elsewhere, most are actually smart and very skilled at what they do.

This is the type of information posted that gives an outsider the impression that NetJet pilots are either ignorant or delusional. Why else would any group of individuals continue to operate in a manner contrary to their own economic self interest?

If the pilots can find work elsewhere, it must be at a relative discount in terms of earnings. Otherwise, why would they continue, year after year to work for substandard wages, with a poor quality of life for a group of managers they consider to be unethical?

I believe the reality is there are few if any options of equal value for the majority of the NetJet pilots. Would a NetJet pilot (not a wife) be willing to explain how they rationalize the continuation of their own economic degradation?

Of course, this proves you are an OUTSIDER. An idiotic Nutjets management troll. LOL. Dolt.

Traderd said:
This is the type of information posted that gives an outsider the impression that NetJet pilots are either ignorant or delusional. Why else would any group of individuals continue to operate in a manner contrary to their own economic self interest?

If the pilots can find work elsewhere, it must be at a relative discount in terms of earnings. Otherwise, why would they continue, year after year to work for substandard wages, with a poor quality of life for a group of managers they consider to be unethical?

I believe the reality is there are few if any options of equal value for the majority of the NetJet pilots. Would a NetJet pilot (not a wife) be willing to explain how they rationalize the continuation of their own economic degradation?

TurboJetCpt said:
Of course, this proves you are an OUTSIDER. An idiotic Nutjets management troll. LOL. Dolt.

You have well represented that constituency which chooses a sophomoric attempt at one upmanship over a reasoned response. I will consider myself dutifully insulted and spare anyone the effort of repeating the litany of personal attacks. I will concede that I am an outsider, whose only interest lies in trying to understand the illogical. I will not concede that I am a "dolt", or "idiotic NutJets management troll", whatever those terms may constitute.

Now, is anyone capable of an intelligent response that would address the question I have posed? How does a NetJet pilot reconcile the acceptance of substandard wages, poor quality of life and working for unethical managers IF they actually have other, economically equivalent opportunities currently available? What motivates well trained, highly experienced professionals to accept this economic degradation?

It looks like the claim of opportunity (in aggregate) is grossly overstated.

Traderd said:
Now, is anyone capable of an intelligent response that would address the question I have posed? How does a NetJet pilot reconcile the acceptance of substandard wages, poor quality of life and working for unethical managers IF they actually have other, economically equivalent opportunities currently available? What motivates well trained, highly experienced professionals to accept this economic degradation?

It looks like the claim of opportunity (in aggregate) is grossly overstated.

Good Question Traderd. There appears to be two possible answers to your question. The first is what've you've already stated - that the claim of opportunity is grossly overstated, which is plausible given the large number of highly qualified pilots that are on furlough from the legacy carriers.

The other possibility is that the claims of substandard wages, poor quality of life and working for unethical managers is exaggerated in an attempt to improve their bargaining position in the current negotiations.

Schrode said:
Only the ones with a Union. That is, only NetJets Aviation Inc. We have been Teamsters for over 20 years - more unified than ever right now. Makes the union at ComAir look like a joke.

Yeah but the pilot group at Comair was MUCh MUCH more unified.. There were only two scabs at Comair and I think both of the fuc*ers were over 60 and just ferried planes around anyway.. Id bet there will probably be some Scabaronis at Nutjets!! Just think 18 percent voted YES on the first POS TA!! I dont trust any of that 18 percent to hang tough once the going gets tough!!

Schrode said:
Oh my, how funny you are! "Darth Owens"!!! Man - that had me on the floor laughing! I am still wiping my tears - oh oh. Got to stop - man that was good!

And the Union negotiating in bad faith - oh, man you have a nack for sarcasam!

You see, for all of you that don't have all the facts, NetJets took the Tenative Agreement from last November (voted down by 82%) then SUBTRACTED $34,000,000 per year (yes, $34M! or about $15,500/yr per pilot) - and now they wonder WHY we aren't very happy.

Oh I get it now. You don't want the conditions of the contract, just the money. I understand, you want to live whereever you want, but take the bonus for living in a RCA. Yeah. That makes sense to me. And where do youthink the money is going to come from?

The reason you arn't happy is that Darth Olson has fed you so much crap that you believe that the company just has it sitting around. Well, I guess that is why you are in a recess, with no end in sight.

CMHTroll said:
Oh I get it now. You don't want the conditions of the contract, just the money. I understand, you want to live whereever you want, but take the bonus for living in a RCA. Yeah. That makes sense to me. And where do youthink the money is going to come from?

The reason you arn't happy is that Darth Olson has fed you so much crap that you believe that the company just has it sitting around. Well, I guess that is why you are in a recess, with no end in sight.

So now that the Company has offered to open all the books to an outside auditor will the union take them up on the offer?

Better yet, when they get the report from the independent auditor and find that their old MEC wasn't lying to them what will they do? They've ostracized and vilified the old MEC, their own pilot brothers, claiming they were lying and working for the company......

Who among the people on this board that have smeared their name will have the cahones to look them in the eyes and apologize for what they've done to them?

What will they do when they realize they've been on a wild goose chase, and in the process destroyed a lot of the trust that used to exist amongst many of the different employee groups?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back