NetJets Strike Deadline??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Schrode said:
Only the ones with a Union. That is, only NetJets Aviation Inc. We have been Teamsters for over 20 years - more unified than ever right now. Makes the union at ComAir look like a joke.

Union for 20 years, and the lowest paid Fractional pilots as well as the most unhappy. Sounds like the union has been a RESOUNDING SUCCESS! The situation is rich in irony. By the way, I see a lockout coming. But I have been wrong before.

G4dude said:
Union for 20 years, and the lowest paid Fractional pilots as well as the most unhappy. Sounds like the union has been a RESOUNDING SUCCESS! The situation is rich in irony. By the way, I see a lockout coming. But I have been wrong before.

God please, dont be wrong!

The same RLA that prevents us from striking also prevents the company from locking us out, so looks like we all need to get used to the current CBA for a long time now...Guess it could be worse, we could be working under the rejected TA.

G4dude said:

OH so we should not be union and get a raise?? NutJets management would get 500TT pilots going to Hawaii if they could for $16,000 a year. Being union or not union has no factor here pal sorry to tell you. NutJets is ONE F up'd company period.

Yes were unhappy you know why?? Because we are fighting for ALL pilots including you to make a decent living. Last time I checked nobody cares that a surgen makes 300K or more. What about my 30 yr old lawyer friend who made oh 350K last year. What NutJets pays is not only slave labor its down right wrong. Management would like nothing more to win this fight, so all pilots can get paid McDonalds wages.

You cannot compare pilots to surgeons or lawyers, no matter how badly you want to.

Can you drop 20k and go from zero-time to CFI in 6 months? Yes.
Can you get a couple thousand hours in a couple of years just flying around? Yes.

Can you accomplish a degree in medecine or law with anywhere near the same low level of effort compared to flying? No.

I know a lot of pilots, lawyers and doctors, and pilots are just not in that league.

Failure to admit this only makes pilots look like fools.

Last edited:
100LL... Again! said:
You cannot compare pilots to surgeons or lawyers, no matter how badly you want to.

Can you get a couple thousand hours in a couple of years just flying around? Yes.

Can you accomplish a degree in medecine or law with anywhere near the same low level of effort compared to flying? No.

I know a lot of pilots, lawyers and doctors, and you pilots are just not in that league.

AND WHO THE FUK ARE YOU??? WHUTA DIKHED

I've never met a doctor or lawyer who would respond in such a puerile fashion, so thanks for proving my point.:)

It is foolish to keep comparing pilots to these professions - it makes us look stupid.

Here's a little question for you:

Why don't doctors and lawyers need strong union contracts to get that level of compensation?

Answer: They don't need unions.The skill and knowledge levels are so high in those fields that there is less competition, hence higher pay.

Pilots are in much greater supply, and the skill and knowledge level needed can be achieved sooner that for those other professions, hence you are paid less.

The fact that you would LIKE to think of yourself as a doctor or lawyer does not mean that the comparison is valid.

If you were worth 200k, you would be getting 200k, and you would not need a union to get it. The doctor doesn't.

Checkmate.

100LL... Again! said:

I know a lot of pilots, lawyers and doctors, and pilots are just not in that league.

Anyone who had read any one of my previous posts knows that I'm not at all sympathetic to the pro-union movement, but this is one of the dumbest responses to a dumb post I've seen in a long time.

To say pilots aren't in the same league as doctors is just plain stupid, and just as stupid as saying that pilots deserve to "make as much as a (insert other occupation here), because (insert reasoning here)."

Most pilots are made up of the same "stuff" as doctors and lawyers, and could have been either. For the most part, highly intelligent. Pilots are paid what pilots make for one reason and one reason only...they made the choice to be a pilot. If they had wanted to be paid as much as a doctor (or as much as a Columbus bus driver, for that matter), then that's what they should have chosen to become.

G4,

No Strike or Lockout will occur in 2005. I only wish there could.

We must live by the current CBA... but so must management. I hope they like selloffs.

Latest resources

Back