NetJets Strike Deadline??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Number$Cruncher said:
Anyone who had read any one of my previous posts knows that I'm not at all sympathetic to the pro-union movement, but this is one of the dumbest responses to a dumb post I've seen in a long time.

To say pilots aren't in the same league as doctors is just plain stupid, and just as stupid as saying that pilots deserve to "make as much as a (insert other occupation here), because (insert reasoning here)."

Most pilots are made up of the same "stuff" as doctors and lawyers, and could have been either. For the most part, highly intelligent. Pilots are paid what pilots make for one reason and one reason only...they made the choice to be a pilot. If they had wanted to be paid as much as a doctor (or as much as a Columbus bus driver, for that matter), then that's what they should have chosen to become.

I don't know what you are refuting, because that is essentially the same thing I said. I DIDN'T say that pilots were not as bright as doctors or lawyers.

I DID say that we chose a profession that does not require the same dedication as these other professionals.

Now think carefully before responding: I am not saying that there are not many pilots who are as dedicated to their profession as a doctor. I said that flying does not REQUIRE that level of dedication. This should be obvious from the fact that you can put a 500 hour know-nothing in the right seat of an RJ.

Where is the equivalent example in medecine or law? There isn't one.
If we ran our profession the same way as the doctors or lawyers do, all airline pilots would need several thousand hours, an ATP, and have to pass a board-type exam before acting as SIC on a Beech 1900.

You might point out that many of the better employers require the experience that I have just stated, and you would be right. However, we have lots of places where eager low-timers can fill up a logbook quickly and then become a low-wage threat to more qualifies, more deserving pilots.

There exists no similar threat in the medical profession. Why?

Because between the government and the barriers created by the medical profession, you have to jump through a lot of hoops before you get to first practice medecine.

You can become an FO in about a year if you have the $$$.

And THAT is our problem.

"We must live by the current CBA... but so must management. I hope they like selloffs"---El Chupacabra

Why would the sell off's decrease if a new TA was brought to the table that the pilot group approved of? Are you saying that there is an organized slow down? Trying to make a point? The only point you are making is that the company isn't making money which in return hurts you and what you are trying to obtain.

Where's Catyaak?

Why would the sell off's decrease if a new TA was brought to the table that the pilot group approved of?

We would have to assume the Company will get some of what they want in a new CBA. That might be the ability to contact pilots closer to duty time and not guess three weeks out where Pilot X will be needed. It's still a negotiation and there is an expectation of give and take.

As for your second comment, there will be no organized slow downs or illegal work actions. The failures in scheduling, mx and crew planning that the Company continues to ignore will cause sell offs to rise in the future.

I DID say that we chose a profession that does not require the same dedication as these other professionals.

Now think carefully before responding: I am not saying that there are not many pilots who are as dedicated to their profession as a doctor. I said that flying does not REQUIRE that level of dedication. This should be obvious from the fact that you can put a 500 hour know-nothing in the right seat of an RJ.

I think there is differnt levels of dedication to be defined. I would say a surgeon probably had and has a higher level of dedication than say a general practitioner and just maybe the 500 hr whiz in the RJ.

Now I don't know and maybe you could correct me, but does the Gen Prac guy have to put his certificate on the line three to four times a year?

Does he have to stay in shape and watch his health for a 6 month physical to keep his profession?

I'm not trying to compare our profession to theirs, but just wanted to point out some unique differences.

Besides, I got in this business so I could have the time off and play!

x402, you have the option now to put your name on a list if you would like a different first day brief. A new TA isn't going to change that.

NJACrewservicer said:
x402, you have the option now to put your name on a list if you would like a different first day brief. A new TA isn't going to change that.

The option you are speaking of is a unilateral offer by the company. I could care less about coming in a 0001 of my first day. Why would we do something for the company with no benifit back to the pilot group. Remember, give and take.

The offer as it stands is self serving and you know that.

Last edited:
Hey, I heard the Lakers are gonna replace their NBA lineup with high school kids to save money. Most kids can play basketball right? What's the difference?

Yeah...right! Put a 500 hr whiz in the right seat of a Citation X and send him or her across the ocean. That'd be just plain stupid!

100LL... Again! said:
I've never met a doctor or lawyer who would respond in such a puerile fashion, so thanks for proving my point.:)

Ok. I was going to give you the benefit, but you had to open you mouth and spill out rubbish. Have you ever worked for an attorney or a doctor? My guess is no. My mother is a nurse and my sister a paralegal. Around clients, no they would not "respond in such a puerile fashion". But, around the water cooler so-to-say, as we are, they are as vulgar as anyone. So your point was not proven.
I believe that you were at "check", I call "checkmate".

By the way the title of this thread is "NET JETS strike deadline." Has anyone heard the results of the vote? Has it happened? Postponed? Has the union decided NOT to take a strike vote since they have been put in deep freeze?

Latest resources

Back