NetJets Strike Deadline??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dsptchrNJA said:
Even if it is 100% in favor, it matters little because the union cannot strike without permision from the NMB. For them to do that they have to find the company in fault for not bargaining in good faith. Hasn't happened. Probably won't.
Once again, the UltraNav program is spitting out eroneous information. You obviously don't understand the process and believe everything "Bridgeway Bob" has been telling you.

You don't get permission to strike form the NMB, you get released from mediated negotiations. Following a 30 day cooling off period, the union can legally elect to strike or perform any job action they desire. Has nothing to do with the company's Bad Faith Bargaining.

Even if it is 100% in favor, it matters little because the union cannot strike without permision from the NMB. For them to do that they have to find the company in fault for not bargaining in good faith. Hasn't happened. Probably won't.

First, I agree, they do not need permission to strike. They need to be released. They can be released and opt to not strike. Next- they can be released even if the co was bargaining in good faith.

The union was saying though, someplace on this board, that their strike vote would send a "Clear Message to NetJEts" As soon as they are released they are willing to go all the way-

Did they change their minds?

Hi!

I would like to know...

I understand that the pilots can strike 30 days after being "released" by the moderator.

I was told by a NetJets pilot, that, basically, the moderator can keep the discussions going indefinitely, and, therefore, never release the pilots/companies from the discussions.

So, theoretically, 10 years from now the contract negotiations could still be continuing.

Is the above correct? What is the procedure?

Cliff
YIP

Live4flyng said:
Once again, the UltraNav program is spitting out eroneous information. You obviously don't understand the process and believe everything "Bridgeway Bob" has been telling you.

You don't get permission to strike form the NMB, you get released from mediated negotiations. Following a 30 day cooling off period, the union can legally elect to strike or perform any job action they desire. Has nothing to do with the company's Bad Faith Bargaining.

I swear, if someone from NetJets says the sky is blue you are going to argue and say it's sometimes grey. The point is, you can't strike just because a strike vote was passed - until released (permission) from the NMB. No need to get caught up in semantics. It's unlikely, in my opinion, that the NMB would release you to strike if the company had bargained in good faith.

What I am curious about - an perhaps you can comment on - is what spin the union was putting on the NMB decision the day before it was in writing. The company eluded to the fact that what they were saying was different from what the NMB was saying.

Last edited:
No need to get caught up in semantics. It's unlikely, in my opinion, that the NMB would release you to strike if the company had bargained in good faith.
Seems like you have the commom misconception about what happens after the 30 day cooling off period. After the cooling off period "BOTH" sides are released to self help, I.E. the union could go on strike or the company could impose whatever pay scale they wanted being released does not only benefit the union. So it's not really semantics because the company could engage in bad faith bargaining to be released to self help so they could change the pay to whatever they want or lock out the union, and the same for the union if they were hell bent on going on strike, just engage in bad faith bargaining and get realeased.

hbrow15 said:
Seems like you have the commom misconception about what happens after the 30 day cooling off period. After the cooling off period "BOTH" sides are released to self help, I.E. the union could go on strike or the company could impose whatever pay scale they wanted being released does not only benefit the union. So it's not really semantics because the company could engage in bad faith bargaining to be released to self help so they could change the pay to whatever they want or lock out the union, and the same for the union if they were hell bent on going on strike, just engage in bad faith bargaining and get realeased.

agreed

But, what happened to the "strike vote".

The clear message to management that the pilots are not satisfied with the company's offer?

I haven't even seen the company's last offer, hard to send a message with a vote for a strike when you haven't even seen the last and final offer.

Things making me go hmmmmmmmmm....

OK, as I was typing I guess the last proposal was actually sitting on the company site, because they posted it the MEC decided to post their version of it too. Now I am as confused as when the NMB ruling came out. Two very different versions being shown....spin spin spin....who can spin the fastest...

Guess I will be sitting here a while comparing the two.

Latest resources

Back