• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets to Furlough 500...??? Right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hy, I can appreciate that it might feel that way to you, but the "boot" could be much uglier and your landing (if it does happen) much harder. Having health care benefits and money to put a roof over your head is far more than most pilots get.

I think being proactive is a good idea. This is certainly a time to hope for the best while you prepare for the worst. Maybe enough pilots and other employees may request LOAs and reduced scheduling before July. One never knows... Good Luck!

Quit counseling and just chuckle a bit. For me personally it will take a lot more than the loss of a little brick, mortar and health insurance to drag me down.

Take care, off to hunt for a job.

Just got the word. We will begin interviewing again in July/Aug. If you have your resume' already in, update them now. Looks like we will be hiring around 250 over the next year.

Also, keep this between us flightinfo folk, we don't want this getting out.

how bad is a foreclosure?

flagshipper,

I am assuming you are going to have to foreclose on your house? VERY sorry to read that. Would you have been furloughed had you stayed at CS? I know we have spoken in the past and am just curious as to if the current furlough at CS would have reached back far enough to affect you? I think I have heard they are going back to January of 08 with the 48 or so they have furloughed.

Just curious. Thanks.

BTW, best of luck to you man. That has got to suck. One of my nightmares, actually. Glad I am in the military now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else losing their jobs in this economy.

Change we can believe in. What a ********************ing joke....lol.

Turbo, my empathy for furloughed pilots doesn't quite run to that..:eek: but if one of the NJ pilots needed to borrow my boots (small foot required) I might be persuaded to loan them out...;) A Jack Sparrow look alike could do quite well for himself among the ladies...:p

In all seriousness, Flag, I do hope that you're just trying to predict a worst-case scenario for planning purposes? I echo 7777's sentiments and encourage every NJ employee, who possibly can, to find some way to participate in the Joint Preventive Measures Campaign. I do believe that furloughs can be avoided at NJA/I if everyone will pull together. I also think the extra time off could be used to great advantage. NJW

Latest resources

Back