• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need advice, one last time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just curious if any of you 5000+ hours jet pilots knew of any foreign pilots in coporate flying.

You know...so you could tell me "Hey, I know this French guy who flies GIVs for this company, and he goes overseas to Europe on international flights and his knowledge of french helps him a lot"

or that "german guy who cam to the US with no flight time, got his ratings, and got a job as a Lear Jet PIC flying for Airnet"

you know? things that pilots in the industry could know, like you guys, and help out some student pilot in trying to know if he has a chance.

I guess that is too much to ask

Archer

Archer,

I think the reason you got the replies you did is from your past repetitveness in continually asking the same basic question 80 different times/ways ad nauseum.

As far as Career choices, part of growing up is making those decisions for yourself... You sound very much like someone who needs a very structured and predictable path ahead of you, aviation is neither of those...

Honestly, from everything I have read that you have posted, you would be much happier flying for fun in your own plane, not as a career...

As far as foreign pilots flying in the US, yes there are... But Corporate Aviation also exists in Europe (although not as wide spread as the US)

Archer,

I still want to know how you can compare 121 flying to 135 flying and flying learjets when you haven't touched anything bigger than an archer?

I have flown in over 200 airline flights, some 30 of them transaltantic flights.

I have flown in 777s across the Atlantic, 747s from Europe to Japan, 747s from Saudi Arabia to Europe. Turboprops from Northern Italy to Switzerland.

Regional jets in the US and Europe.

I know how Part 121 flying is even without stepping into the cockpit, and I don't like it. I dont' like the idea of beign the pilot of a 7:30 airplane that leaves every freakin day at the same time, same route, same plane, same everything.

I wouldn't like flying big jets either. They are clumsy, huge, and no fun in my opinion. I've been in cockpits of all kinds of jets in flight, while landing countless times. I know I wouldn't like it.

Cargo flying is the same (as far as big airplanes) and I said I don't like big jets.

What else remains with small jets? REgionals use big ones too, so Part 135 or Part 91 corporate are all that remains.

If I could make a decent living flying Baron 58s, I woudl fly those for a living. But for some messed up reason in this society, you gotta fly bigger to get decent money to feed your family.

THAT's why I can compare part 121 and 135 flying, and teh difference between flying a 757 and a Lear Jet.

THAT'S why if I become a pro pilot, I know I won't go waste my time in Part 121 flying, because I already know I wouldn't like it.

THAT'S why I'm trying to figure out if Corporate flying is for me (and I think it might be) and whether I have a chance in working int eh US, as the market is bigger, and I'm already in the path of the FAA licences...Europe's JAA licences, which are much harder to get, much more expensive, and the smaller markets make me want to fly in the US. But I don't know if I can do this.

That's why I'm asking for help and advice from more experienced corp pilots that are in the business, have been for years, and can help me out.

But no...you guys just keep tell ming to f*off...

I wish there were other message boards that dealt with US corporate pilots, that are big enough to have significatn replies, but no, this is the only one I know, and that's why I'm trying hard to stick to it, though some of the people really piss the hell out of me, and try to get that still much needed advice. I don't understand how experienced professional pilots are not willing to help out student pilots. It's disgraceful. And don't tell me you've tried. I have never asked about foreign pilots in US corpoarte flying, this thread is the first time. So don't give me that bull. You plain are not helping out here...shame on you.

Archer

I have been flying 121 for 15+ years, and have yet to be "the pilot of a 7:30 airplane that leaves every freakin day at the same time, same route, same plane, same everything."

I guess all of your time riding in the back of airliners allows you the expertise to proclaim that "big jets are huge and clumsy". Sitting in the cockpit of a CRJ isn't much different than many corporate jets, which you seem to think you would enjoy; although those same jets, if they are operated by a regional airline are "big jets" that you "know" you don't like.

It has been stated by many professionals on this board that you simply don't have the makeup to be a professional pilot. Why do you insist on having someone else make your decisions for you? That alone disqualifies you from ever being a professional pilot, be it in a BE-58 or B-757.

Also, as others have suggested, this is getting old.

Who the hell said I want others to make decision for me?

I'm just a student pilot asking for information and advice from more experienced professional pilots!

How freaking hard can it be to understand this concept?

And how the hell can any of you judge me from a message board and what I write?!

You tell me I'm indecisive, and making quick decision in the air are the most important quality of a pro pilot. How the f..k do you know I can' t make good, quick decisions in the air?

This is the biggest freakin decision of my entire life. I we live once. And you guys tell me to f..k it and go blindly into it?

What kind of stupid ass advice is that? You gotta be smart in life, make INFORMED decisions, so you don't screw up, as you only have one chance. If I become a pro pilot, spend money for ratings instead of a Masters, and work for 5 years as CFI and part 135, and decide I don't like it...I'm pretty much done for!

My Bachelors' in Aerospace Engineering won't do me any d@mn good, as I will have forgotten everything. Plus companies require experience, and pilot experience doesn't mean s*it when it comes to determining how many high pressure compressor stages a turbofan engine should have in order to prevent separation from adverse pressure gradients.

So it is the most important decision of my life, and I will take the time until graduation, to get information on my two possible paths, and make the best decision so I dont' screw up life.

And don't ever come tell me whether I can or cannot be a pro pilot, becaues you have no f*ckign clue!

My CFI told me I shot one of the best ILS approaches at night in a x-wind that he had ever seen from any student...and this was during my PPL!!! I'm not even in Instrument training yet!

I'm getting tired of this board and it's people. I hope pilots out there are not such a disgrace, such careless people, who can't do anything but laugh at other people, making fun of them, at the first chance they can get.

If you want to help out, like a caring human being, then do so. If not, then don't f*icking reply to my posts, it's a free world, you don't have to, and God help your selfish ass.

Archer

Archer...look man. We don't really mean to be a-holes or anything, it's just that right now you're kind of fighting against your own repuation on this board. One of your first posts was this one:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10332&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

At least from my point of view, that post was akin to taking a big fat permanent marker and writing "WEENIE" across your forehead. :p

That's why you tend to get so much grief around here. That doesn't mean we won't help you out too, but we might take a few joking jabs at you from time to time as well. I don't know the answer to your immigration question. If someone else did - they'd give it to you.

Posted by trainerjet
It has been stated by many professionals on this board that you simply don't have the makeup to be a professional pilot. Why do you insist on having someone else make your decisions for you? That alone disqualifies you from ever being a professional pilot, be it in a BE-58 or B-757.

Posted by FlyChicaga
Are you pissed at everyone here because they won't make your decisions for you? What do you expect? This is an ONLINE message board. We don't know you personally. You need to do it yourself. Or, at least ask your close friends or relatives who know you for some help!

Can people read nowadays? Note bold part of quotes.

And about the Sky Bar, it's a great thread topic (one without any topic at all, to get to know one another) and EVERY message board I've been to has one...

people here dont' care about getting to know one another...just about making fun of each other.

People suggested that I change my user name and start over...what a retarded suggestion. What retarted people.

Just pick something! You are what, 20? My God, you can always go back and change your mind! Just ask all the career changers on the board who are in their 30's or 40's and just getting started in a flying career, since it was something they always wanted to do. If you start doing something and don't like it, then STOP. It's that simple. Just be prepared for the consequences of your actions

Oh, and changing carrers when you are 40, when should be flying GIVs and making 120 grand and working 15 days a month, so you can actually support a family and send your child to college and instead you fly a Twin piston for 20 grand a year...you call that a good way to go about life? No...you start making good decisions early...it's just the way it is. You don't wait till you are 40.

Maybe you can try it for 3 years...and even that puts you in a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** load of trouble at times.

What's the problem with the bold portions of your quotes, Archer? It seems that both posters are trying to illustrate that we can't make these decisions for you.

And we can't. Obviously an informed decision is a good idea, but as we've been saying constantly for 6 months now, there's only so much research you can do before you're simply going to have to decide what "feels right." All the training you're doing now is required regardless of what path you choose - so just kick back, enjoy the flying, and stop friggin being so neurotic about all of this.

Latest resources

Back