• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need advice, one last time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, as far as setting my priorities straight, as I said, I find liking your job and making a decent living to be almost equal, with liking your job being a little higher.

I like to design aircraft engines, and I like to fly aircraft. I just like both.

To tell you the truth, I would like flying better...but as it's so close to my love for designing aircraft engines, the benefits of an engineerign job attract me.

Though I would love to feel the power of jet engines when I push the throttle forward in a Lear 31...I really would love to fly those machines for a living...

ARcher

Hey Archer!

Your real name wouldn't be Newman, would it? :D

Ohhhh, I crack myself up sometimes! :p

The phone keeps ringing (and did during my first post) which distracts me and I loose my train of thought ,so my apologies for not getting my point across the first time.

Ok, now we know, without a doubt, that you are a female. You should have just written that to begin with. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

flx757 said:
Falcon Capt,

In that episode, Frank employs George and Lloyd Braun to compete with each other selling computers. Lloyd had once been "intitutionalized". At the end, he tells George and Frank "that 'serenity now' stuff doesn't work. How do you think I went crazy? Serenity now, insanity later." After Frank wonders what to do now, George offers "hoochie mama?" As Estelle drives her car into the garage occupied by Frank's computer business, he screams "HOOCHIE MAMA!!"

So, that's why the reference to it in my previous post.

Yeah I know, too much TV. :)

I REMEMBER NOW!

That was hilarious! I told you I am getting too old! How the mind twists things in old age! ;) :D :) :eek:

Re: md8pilot

Ponypilot said:

How boring for a young twentysomething to think life is about chasing the all mighty dollar, AND to think he has to make career descion now and stick with it for the rest of his life. The truth is there are untold numbers of people who decide late in life they want a new or different career. I'm sure these same people thought while they were in their 20's they were making a career choice they would live with for the rest of their lives. What I'm saying is it is OK to be in your 30's, 40's, or even 50's and decide hey you know what I need a change, I'm sick of crunching numbers, sick of sales etc. I even know a Dr. who at the age of 39 is giving up the ER and pursuing a career in flying.

I agree.

My 2 Cents Worth

Archer,

I certainly don't fault you for doing your research prior to making a decision. The decisions you make early in life can have a huge impact on your remaining days on Earth. Many decisions can be altered later in life; many cannot.

However, there is only One who knows what the future holds, and it isn't any of us. Sometimes we simply must make decisions based on the best wisdom we can muster up, knowing that circumstances will change, people will change, we will change, industries will change...and so on.

Looking back on my career, I can see where God placed me in certain circumstances and allowed me to make some good and bad decisions to bring me to where I am now. My career isn't what I thought it would be.....but I've never been happier.

Re: md8pilot

Ponypilot said:
It is clear you are not getting the point.

I even know a Dr. who at the age of 39 is giving up the ER and pursuing a career in flying.

I hope he did his homework. If not, he might be in for a gigantic disappointment. A person must really have a passion for flying in order to manage the ups & downs of this business.

Last edited:
LOL

I like everyones since of humor.;)

Believe me I wish I did not have to answer this phone, people ask the stupidest questions. Thank god Friday is my last day here.

As for being compared to a homosexual male.......hmmm

I like men, cooking, fine wine, Versace and decorating shows.......so I can see how you could get confused.

And FalconCapt. (spelling? sorry) was it you who said you have a stay at home wife and lovely daughter? Good for you. When your daughter grows up to be President or finds a cure for cancer I know I will be glad she came from a stable home.

Cheers all:cool:

Latest resources

Back