• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need advice, one last time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, I wonder how long you are going to keep this up...

and for the record, I wouldn't go into aviation for JUST the money, but money is important, as I said for sustaining a family, and perhaps buying your own used Piper Arrow one day...

Well the money doesn't come quick in Aviation... and there are no guarantees of making good money.. Look at Rick1128 and PilotYIP... Both guys have way over 10,000 hours and I don't think either of them is near a 6 figure salary...

Aviation is about the most unpredicatable career path you can choose...

LOL :D Thanks for this topic guys!

Archer,

read this; ''A Pilot's Career isn't about the destination... It's about the journey... For without the journey, the destination has no significance...'' (copyright (c) by FC) Think about it..

g'day!

Of course I'm a woman with a name like ponypilot could I be anything else?

As for putting me in a room with Archer, not in this lifetime.

It just irritates me when someone has that caveman mentality.....man must provide for woman.....man must procreate.

Guess what Archer you will never see an armored car following a hearse. Not that there is anything wrong with wanting to be successful and live comfortably but you need to get your priorities straight. Fly because you love it not because you want wealth.

bigD said:
I haven't seen GVFlyer around lately...

The GV looks like a big phallus with wings.

(maybe that'll drag him out!)

The Global Express is the pinacle of aeronautical perfection. The GV is miles behind it in every aspect of comfort, innovation and performance.

Ponypilot

----------------
"It just irritates me when someone has that caveman mentality.....man must provide for woman."
----------------

Ponypilot, if there were more men of integrity that took responsibility for the welfare of their wives and children the world would be a better place.

Now, back to aviation.........:)

Falcon Capt said:
FINALLY! Someone who understands: "SERENITY NOW!"

Finally?? I guess the "serenity now, insanity later" immediately after your original post goes over the head of the "casual" Seinfeld fan??

BigD...rice...Falcon Capt???

Ponypilot said:
Of course I'm a woman with a name like ponypilot could I be anything else?

Uh.. with those comments... a homosexual man....

"Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Crash-Proof said:
The Global Express is the pinacle of aeronautical perfection. The GV is miles behind it in every aspect of comfort, innovation and performance.

OH SH!T !!! NOW you have done it! BigD was just funnin' around, but THESE! these are fightin' words! GVFlyer will surely be arriving shortly!!!!!

Md8Pilot said:
Ponypilot, if there were more men of integrity that took responsibility for the welfare of their wives and children the world would be a better place.

This I have to agree with... I'm proud to say my wife is a stay-at-home Mom... and I think my daughter benefits greatly from that... It would be nice to have the extra income from my wife, but certainly not at the expense of my daughter's well being...

flx757 said:
Finally?? I guess the "serenity now, insanity later" immediately after your original post goes over the head of the "casual" Seinfeld fan??

Yeah, unfortunately I think it does.. most don't seem to remember the episode of George's dad going to the counselor for stress management, the counselor tells Mr. Castanza that whenever he feels stressed out to say "Serenity Now! Serenity Now!" (It might have been to the doctor for a heart issue, it's been a while since I have seen it and I am getting old!) ;)

md8pilot

It is clear you are not getting the point.

I'm not talking about degenerates who abandon children and responsibilties.

How boring for a young twentysomething to think life is about chasing the all mighty dollar, AND to think he has to make career descion now and stick with it for the rest of his life. The truth is there are untold numbers of people who decide late in life they want a new or different career. I'm sure these same people thought while they were in their 20's they were making a career choice they would live with for the rest of their lives. What I'm saying is it is OK to be in your 30's, 40's, or even 50's and decide hey you know what I need a change, I'm sick of crunching numbers, sick of sales etc. I even know a Dr. who at the age of 39 is giving up the ER and pursuing a career in flying.

The phone keeps ringing (and did during my first post) which distracts me and I loose my train of thought ,so my apologies for not getting my point across the first time.

Falcon Capt,

In that episode, Frank employs George and Lloyd Braun to compete with each other selling computers. Lloyd had once been "intitutionalized". At the end, he tells George and Frank "that 'serenity now' stuff doesn't work. How do you think I went crazy? Serenity now, insanity later." After Frank wonders what to do now, George offers "hoochie mama?" As Estelle drives her car into the garage occupied by Frank's computer business, he screams "HOOCHIE MAMA!!"

So, that's why the reference to it in my previous post.

Yeah I know, too much TV. :)

Latest resources

Back