Need advice, one last time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cmon Big D

You must be smokin' the same stuff as the guy in your picture!

bigger plane=more money...not ALL the time!
bigger suitcase, more time away from home, wife shops more.....bigger credit card bills.....kids.....
AHHH!!...back to feeling as poor as a flight instructor...

dammm...now I sound like an OLD GUY..sad

and where do you live where chiks dig pilots?? wait....I know.....DREAMLAND! -- HAHA! (just messing with you)

:(

Gulf, my orginal quote was a joke to kinda poke fun at Archer's overanalizing everything. FlyChicaga was the one that compared money to size. I don't have any desire to fly an airliner for a living!

I've been a pilot long enough to know that chicks don't give a crap what you fly. They might make a distinction between props and jets, but that's about it. Years ago, I felt all cool because I took a date to dinner in Houston in an A36, and at some point during our approach to Hobby, she said something along the lines of, "When do you get to fly the planes where the landing gear goes up and down?" :eek:

Two things I thought were a given when I started getting into flying:

Chicks, and Money.

So far i have a 100% rate of dissapointment.:D

Just be careful to never get too technical when she's asking you about your plane, then you'll lose her.

The girls that are really interested in pilots are the F/A's who want the captains cause they know how much they're making.

The girls that are really interested in pilots are the F/A's who want the captains cause they know how much they're making.

Inevitable reply from token FA:

Not all of us are like that!

Flight attendants also think in terms of bigger airplane-bigger money.

So hopefully your darling FA wont schmooze too much with that GV crew walking in the FBO right behind you!

Theres always the counter-girls!

Women and airplanes

It just depends. Some women are really impressed an intrigued with the whole flying thing. The bigger and faster the plane, the more impressed they are. Those are the cool ones.

I've found two of those.....and they were both female pilots. The rest don't seem to give a hoot. When I was dating, I would not tell a woman I was a pilot unless she specifically asked. Of course, they were interested at first...."how do you know what all those buttons do?".."aren't you scared flying that much?"..and, the inevitable, "don't pilots make lots of money?".....once all those questions were answered, all of a sudden you just become a guy that travels a lot for work - which translates to leaving her alone all the time(may be a good or bad thing in her mind).

For the first couple months my wife and I were dating she only knew what company I worked for...not that I was a pilot. She never asked, I never told. I told her I was the flight dept manager...which, I was, but I was also one of the three pilots. She even said that she probably would have been turned off by the fact that I was a pilot because of the "always being gone" thing. For once, not telling her eveything right off the bat didn't get me in trouble.....but that was the ONLY time! :D

Dont be too crushed that your not only a seat away from FA's, but a few hundered HP and two jet engines.

But thats Ok -- being a pilot is like cat-nit to girls, and most wont even be able to tell the difference!

;) ;) ;)

Re: Women and airplanes

FracPilot said:
all of a sudden you just become a guy that travels a lot for work - which translates to leaving her alone all the time(may be a good or bad thing in her mind).
:D

For the women that are really interested in a future with you that's THE key question. For the ones looking for a party it would be a good idea for pilots to pick up guitar or something and play in a band. It works much better than the pilot=big dollar thing.

counter girls

theres one in whiley post in oklahoma
if you've been there, youll know what i mean

Latest resources

Back