• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My entire outlook on SWA has changed.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And my progression at my airline looks great. Yours, mmmm, not so much anymore.

Godspeed!

OYS

Southwest stagnation at current pay and benefits is 10X better than your so-called progression. Your jealously is obvious, that is why you spend so much time and energy trying to feel better about yourself.

-T45

Sorry you seem to be so jealous. I suggest you get over it.

One thing for sure, I and most others will be very glad that you may have to stop posting the same old crap everyday about how AAI needs arbitration. Thank God.
Redflyer, try this:

On Your SixThis user is on your Ignore List.

And my progression at my airline looks great. Yours, mmmm, not so much anymore.

Exactly. And that's why they want to staple everyone. Guess what? Those days departed with Bond/McCaskill. I guess SWA f/os will have to embrace a new paradigm.

Not jealous at all, just observant. When it is over, you will be posting a lot on how you just got a poop sandwich in arbitration. I can't wait!

Crow forks for everyone!

...the irony of the most vocal group outside of swa and aai guys/gals who aren't even in this round of the game. cuz in the end, what happens to one will affect us all in one way or another, the question is when.

You might just want to take that to heart. Did any of you Canyon Blue Kool-Aid suckers consider SWA might be the next airline ACQUIRED? How would you like it if WE decide to use YOUR SLI methodology?

The reason SWA pilots caught sh##%#t during the 80's and 90's is because they agreed to fly mainline size planes for below mainline salries, NO pension, no retiree medical, and wanting to raise retirement to age 65....

And that's why I say they're just the biggest Regional airline in the U.S. They PIONEERED the B plan retirement theory.

Done. Thanks Scoreboard. Never actually wanted to put anyone on my ignore list, oh well.

Yeah, don't want anything to interrupt the groupthink, do you?

Chase,
I have no idea how long it will take the dust to settle. I do know that my wife and children have a gun pointed at their heads right now. How willing am I to risk their lives? GK and Herb have been loud and clear with their innuendo and couched words. This is the foundation of the "relationship" that will last another 15 years. I will play the game by their rules. They will always have the gun. I will make the prediction that an AT pilot will be fired within the next 6 months for whatever reason to send another message to this pilot group that you WILL obey.... or else. Message received. I will continue to do my job in a professional manner and will take care of the passengers and crew. Til the day that I leave this industry my family will always have that gun pointed at their heads. You will always be part of the inner sanctum. We will not

I have never trusted any union leadership or management. I think I will stick with that plan. I don't mind playing the game by their rules. I just hate it when they change the rules and don't tell you.

Chase,
I have no idea how long it will take the dust to settle. I do know that my wife and children have a gun pointed at their heads right now. How willing am I to risk their lives? GK and Herb have been loud and clear with their innuendo and couched words. This is the foundation of the "relationship" that will last another 15 years. I will play the game by their rules. They will always have the gun. I will make the prediction that an AT pilot will be fired within the next 6 months for whatever reason to send another message to this pilot group that you WILL obey.... or else. Message received. I will continue to do my job in a professional manner and will take care of the passengers and crew. Til the day that I leave this industry my family will always have that gun pointed at their heads. You will always be part of the inner sanctum. We will not.

Correct. "Hired not acquired" is more than a bag tag. Its a mindset. A mindset every pre-merger SWA pilot will carry into the cockpit every day. And when the staple doesn't occur, its going to be the 900 lb. gorilla every SWA f/o will harbor when he flies with an AAI Captain, even as he's counting his "Citrus override."

The cockpit climate will SUCK at SWA for decades.

Chase,

Thank you for taking the time to write that post. Very well thought out and not pretentious at all. I just had this naive thought that everything was rainbows and butterflies at SWA, but I guess there are some at every airline. It's unfortunate that there are some very vocal pilots from SWA on this board that bring down the image of your airline.

I also would have thought there would have been a more positive reaction to the AirTran pilots. "Welcome aboard. This is a great airline and you will be very happy here. Let's get this done so we can grow this thing" was more of what I was expecting than arguing over and over about how good SWA is and how the AirTran guys don't belong.

bri,

It's not that the AT people do not belong at SWA, I think everyone of them belong here. It is the attitude of some that say "What culture, is this how you treat your future co-workers". We at SWA will take care of our own first. The good problem will be when we do unify. Once the AT peeps get over here and are treated with respect and see the fun luving attitude they will see why we were and are so defensive about this SLI. It's not just the SLI, it is the whole package. Once they get a taste of it DAL will be in big trouble in ATL.,

I personally wish that the fighting would have been left in DAL (behind closed doors and not aired out on FI.com)...

Going forward, in my mind, 2 things will determine how good the culture will continue to be at SWA after integration begins...(both are equally important)

1. How willing AAI guys are ready to turn the page and get on board
2. How willing WN guys are ready to turn the page and get on board

No matter what you've posted on here, I look forward to working with all of you going forward!

In the words of Drumline: "One Band....One Sound!"

Steeler,

Your exactly right, and I'm still optomistic that 99% on both sides will make that culture survive and prosper. Ready to get it behind us.

RF

Latest resources

Back