Multi time building post

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NYCPilot said:
I just watched the "SIC program" video...hilarious footage and narration. What a ridiculous program.

Could the music be any gayer? and whats with the stupid b*tch saying "logged Mult-eye engine time"

man, thats a lot of cash to drop on some multi time. I'd be pretty embarassed to be the "new guy" who spent tens of thousands of dollars to be told when to sling the gear. They must all laugh at these guys behind their back.

Yes, yes and yes. It's called paying MY dues! If fact I just EARNED my MEI yesterday! And I WILL be instructing in it, thanks.:D

epilot...
not everyone can be so lucky as to get a job with their mei only getting it yesterday... 3500 is a lot chaper than the cost of moving to a place where one might have to move to get a job instructing as a newly minted mei...

and for those that look at it as PTW... no its not... you are paying for time...
if me going to fly for them to build that time keeps one pilot (you) from getting a job... ill just chalk you up as my "one little sacrifice"...

( this is where you go into your rant of sanctimonious platitudes about how this is the reason the industry has gone to poo... ) i disagree in this one multi time building instance...

as i have repeated over and over... there is no way i would spend one dime over 3,500 dollars for multi time... when the opportunity for me to pay 3,500 is out there for the taking...

would i pay 7,000 for 200 hours... heck no... because only 100 is needed for me to get on the insurance for an mei job...

dang this phenegran has got me loopy...

Wow!

gfvalvo said:
So where is it written that everyone has to build time in the same way?

I think you might have missed understood the word "MY", as it pertains to ME! I didn't say EVERYONE had to build their time this way, just "MY" which is limilted to only ME, MYSELF or I. Hope that hepls with your confusion.

MAS said:
epilot...
not everyone can be so lucky as to get a job with their mei only getting it yesterday...

Again, I DIDN'T say that, you DID! This is what I said:
ePilot22 said:
If fact I just EARNED my MEI yesterday! And I WILL be instructing in it, thanks.:D

Note the "WILL" be instructing part of that quote. I didn't say I AM instructing in the multi.

MAS said:
as i have repeated over and over... there is no way i would spend one dime over 3,500 dollars for multi time... when the opportunity for me to pay 3,500 is out there for the taking...

MEI, it pays for itself, in fact, people will PAY YOU to teach them how to fly a twin. BONUS: You build multi time at NO COST! Imagine that.....

Sure beats you're $3,500 to work huh?

But seriously, I have to fly a couple of people from point A to point B next weekend in the twin, hows' about you pay me to let you fly them?

Hmmm.....just make the check payable to Tom Sawyer.

:D

eP.

MAS said:
and for those that look at it as PTW... no its not... you are paying for time...quote]

If you were paying for time, they'd say "Here's the keys. Plane's due back in a couple hours." You then get to do whatever you want with your time.

MAS, you should try getting a real flying job some time. Getting paid to fly is a pretty nice gig. Then again, maybe someone who can't distinguish between paying to work and renting a plane probably shouldn't be in charge of people's lives anyway.

epilot...wow... i know what having an mei ticket does chief... i also know that under some...certain... most???... instances insurance requirements dictate when you may instruct as an employee in a twin that they hold dear to their pocketbook... and if you dont meet those requirements... you are stuck flying the 182's and the 210's and the t-41s and the SINGLE commanche... and the 175... you get the picture... the mei most certainly does not pay for itself if you never get "lucky" enough to find someone to let you bounce around in theirs to get enough time to instruct... as for your point a to b trip next weekend... no thanks... ill have made enough money in the first three days of next week to where i think ill take the weekend off...

imacdog... i have a "real flying" job...
and technically... if you pay for 100 hours of time... and you leave with 100 hours of time... you have just bought yourself 100 hours of time... the end... if you want nothing more than 100 hours and the experience (whatever it may be)...and you dont give a damn where you go...then everyone wins...

haha...and the personal shots over the internet are great...

We'll see how Epilot feels about that shiny new MEI rating when, a year from now, he's STILL riding around in the right seat of a Duchess, toodling around the practice area, STILL trying to break the 100 hours mark. Flying around in that big ole Duchess... yeah buddy, that's paying your dues, alright!

By the way, the PFT whore comment was directed at the Imacpup. Seems he is the self proclaimed expert on whores, considering the number of times I've seen him post that same tired comment. Honestly, this place is unf#cking believable sometimes.

Cheap Multi Time

Ok MAS,

Lets break this down.:)

Company A needs some type of aircraft service which they contract to Company B for a stated price. Company B KNOWING that there are pilots out there that will do anything not to have to instruct, network or get "LUCKY" and are willing to PAY to fly their airplanes. So, Company B charges the pilots a rate to fly the aircraft and now makes money providing the aircraft services to Company A as well as having pilots PAY for the opportunity to provide the skill to fly the aircraft. Sound like good business for Company B! Maybe they should make the A&Ps pay to work on the aircraft? What happened to Company C because they were undercut by Company B and now pilots with knowledge and skill are sold short because you wanted "cheap multi time"?:erm:

CHEAP MULTI TIME, kinda like "EASY MONEY"? Multi time is expensive for a reason. It's highly DESIRED time!

That $35 an hour price tag is what you pay, the other $100 an hour is what the industry PAYS because you are draggin' it down! The cost is made up somewhere, out of somebody's pocket.:(

But just in case this doesn't make sense :confused: , here is why:

FOI, Chapter 2, page 2-3;

RATIONALIZATION: This device permits them (PFTers, my word not the FAA) to subtitute excuses for reasons; moreover, they can make those excuses plausible and acceptable to themselves. Rationalization IS a subconscious technique for justifying actions that otherwise would be UNacceptable. When true rationalization takes place, individuals sincerely believe in their excuses. The excuses SEEM real and justifiable to the individual.

NOTE: the word/term "YOU" is used loosely and not directed towards MAS nor any other reader. Any word/term such as "PILOT", "AIRMAN" etc. would work just as well. This is NOT intended to be a personal attack!

EFFORT! Put forth some and you may get more than you expect. One can purchase opportunity or work towards it, I'LL select the latter.

Of course, this is only how I FEEL and I can only hope that compaines like this (KeySlime:smash: , ME.net:smash: blah, blah, blah...) would RESPECT the industry they participate in and QUIT "offering" these types of programs.:rolleyes: Wont' happen until pilots STOP paying to train/work! You have a skill, sell it, don't buy it!!

No hard feelings, the intent of my postings are NOT to be hostile, but to convey my FEELINGS, THOUGHTS and OPINIONS.:beer:

eP.

Last edited:
Yeah, this place......

agpilot34 said:
Honestly, this place is unf#cking believable sometimes.

I think it's your attitude, not this place!

agpilot34 said:
We'll see how Epilot feels about that shiny new MEI rating when, a year from now, he's STILL riding around in the right seat of a Duchess, toodling around the practice area, STILL trying to break the 100 hours mark. Flying around in that big ole Duchess... yeah buddy, that's paying your dues, alright!

First, you should be thankful that someone was willing to "ride around in the right seat of a duchess, toodling around the practice area" with you! Thank your MEI! He or she put forth an effort you apparently are NOT willing to do.

However, this "toodling" in the practice area not only builds my time, but it builds my SKILL and KNOWLEDGE and keeps money in my pocket! Not a lot by any means, but I'm not PAYING to work.

Check in a year, see how I feel and where I'm at. And I'll tell you what, if I hear of any multi jobs that require you to pay to train/work them, I'll PM you. Sound good?

eP.

Last edited:
Help I'm in a single and I can't get out!!!

MAS said:
you are stuck flying the 182's and the 210's and the t-41s and the SINGLE commanche... and the 175... you get the picture...

I'm sorry you feel this way. I personally enjoy flight and flying. The Cessna 152 is my favorite airplane, but I don't expect you to understand that.

STUCK? Yeah, life must be so rough, you're STUCK flying an aircraft, please.

Good Luck, which by the way LUCK is when preperation meets opportunity!

Ms. Preperation meet Mr. Opportunity.......oh look........LUCK!;)

eP.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back